Zone1 Are any Christians here interested to know WHY Jews don’t believe Jesus was the Messiah?

Lisa558

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2021
Both here and IRL, Christians feel quite comfortable telling Jews why they are wrong - and why Jesus was the Messiah. (It’s quite rude when Christians keeping arguing and warning Jews they will be damned, that G-d is angry with them, etc.), but they never are willing to hear why Jews don’t believe Jesus was the Messiah.

It’s as if they only want to tell Jews (“you’re wrong, and I’ll tell you why) and never want to hear the reasons for the opposite - why Jews think Christians are wrong.

So I’ve written to Christians asking if they would be interested in hearing the Jewish perspective, and they never respond. So I’m asking now:

Are there any Christians here who would like to understand why Jesus is not the Messiah - from the Jewish perspective - or must we simply be silent about our opposite view?

Thank you.

Both here and IRL, Christians feel quite comfortable telling Jews why they are wrong - and why Jesus was the Messiah. (It’s quite rude when Christians keeping arguing and warning Jews they will be damned, that G-d is angry with them, etc.), but they never are willing to hear why Jews don’t believe Jesus was the Messiah.

It’s as if they only want to tell Jews (“you’re wrong, and I’ll tell you why) and never want to hear the reasons for the opposite - why Jews think Christians are wrong.

So I’ve written to Christians asking if they would be interested in hearing the Jewish perspective, and they never respond. So I’m asking now:

Are there any Christians here who would like to understand why Jesus is not the Messiah - from the Jewish perspective - or must we simply be silent about our opposite view?

Thank you.

Jesus doesn't fit the prophecies. He wasn't an anointed warrior king and he didn't vanquish the enemies of the Jews.

Jesus doesn't fit the prophecies. He wasn't an anointed warrior king and he didn't vanquish the enemies of the Jews.
Nope, that’s not it. It wasn’t about “vanquishing enemies of Jews,” a comment that makes Jews look selfish. The Messiah will bring peace to everyone, and there will be no more wars. But that’s just one point.

Rather than have a Christian answer as to why Jews are still waiting for the true Messiah, anyone interested in hearing from a Jew about it?

Before I make the effort, I would like to know that at least one Christian would be open-minded to hear what Jews think.

Nope, that’s not it. It wasn’t about “vanquishing enemies of Jews,” a comment that makes Jews look selfish. The Messiah will bring peace to everyone, and there will be no more wars. But that’s just one point.

Rather than have a Christian answer as to why Jews are still waiting for the true Messiah, anyone interested in hearing from a Jew about it?

Before I make the effort, I would like to know that at least one Christian would be open-minded to hear what Jews think.

That's the term used in this Chabad article.

https://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/1266088/jewish/Moshiach.htm

1) As Surada said, Jesus did not fulfill the Messianic prophesis:

a) All Jews will be gathered in Israel - hasn’t happened yet
b) The Messiah will build (or accomplish) the 3rd Temple - nope, still waiting
c) There will be worldwide peace: “Nation shall not lift up sword against nation; neither shall man learn war anymore.” (From Isiah)

2) Jesus did not fulfill the personal attributes of the Messiah:

As Jews do not believe in Demi-gods or any Supreme Being other than the one and only G-d, the Messiah will be born of human parents - with a father descended from David. Since Christians say Jesus’ father was G-d, a concept foreign to Judaism, he of course does not fulfill this.

3) The Messiah will obey the Law, and lead the people to full Torah observance - as all commandments are binding forever. Jesus did not do this, and changed the law. He told Jews that kashrut was no longer necessary, and he violated the Sabbath.

4) Christians have mistranslated the “Suffering Servant” alluded to in the OT as Jesus, when it refers to Israel.

There’s more, but this is a start.

NOTE: I would like to have a respectful debate, and remind posters that this is Zone 1. Thank you.

Christianity is built on two fundamental claims

Immaculate Conception- Is it more realistic to believe that a 15 year old got pregnant through intercourse than that some being impregnated her?

The Resurrection- Is it more realistic to believe that a body was stolen than it ascended into heaven?

Thank you.
Not really. I DO know. I know you (Jews) consider Him a FALSE prophet. Some even believe He had a demon.

Many of you think He sought out the ignorant and unschooled to follow Him.

It doesn't help that modern day Catholicism is universally regarded as "Christianity" despite being steeped in paganism -- Sunday replacing the Sabbath Jesus honored. Christmas and Easter replacing God's Annual HOLY Days. Eating pork and shrimp which Jesus and His apostles never did.

I could go on, but if I knew the Bible (and I do) I would never follow the teachings of traditional "Christianity" (and I don't)

Immaculate Conception- Is it more realistic to believe that a 15 year old got pregnant through intercourse than that some being impregnated her?
I understand some non-Catholic Christian sects are not obligated to believe Mary conceived Jesus solely through the Holy Spirit. It is Jewish belief that the Almighty can be invited to join with the husband and wife to be a partner in the conception of a child.

Could Matthew's Gospel be emphasizing this point, that the Almighty was a partner in the normal conception of a child? With the passage of time, and more Gentiles becoming Christian could this point have begun to be understood differently? Either Jew or Gentile, it is emphasized that God was partner to the conception of Jesus.

I don't know, but I do believe in miracles, and I am not one to say that I believe in my miracles, but not the miracles that happened to someone else.

Well sure. I mean that.

I understand some non-Catholic Christian sects are not obligated to believe Mary conceived Jesus solely through the Holy Spirit
Right-winger is NOT a Christian on any level.

All Christians do believe that. They just don't worship Mary as you do.

I respect her, but she is dead and buried until the Return. It's the fate of all Christians

a) All Jews will be gathered in Israel - hasn’t happened yet
b) The Messiah will build (or accomplish) the 3rd Temple - nope, still waiting
c) There will be worldwide peace: “Nation shall not lift up sword against nation; neither shall man learn war anymore.” (From Isiah)
When might these things come true?

Forum List

Back