AR vs AK?

Oh, don't know if you tried it yet, but Perfecta and freedom munitions are decent priced and burn pretty clean.

Never tried using those sources. I usually go to a few dealers here in town to buy ammo. People say Tummo how ever you spell is better than nothing. It's steel cased but the ak eats it like candy. The ar will shoot it but it's a bit hard on the extractor . I picked up some awhile back for $5.99 for 20 rounds. I know it will drop a hog at 200 yards easy. Right now I can be choosy about what ammo i get. I save all my good ammo for other purposes while using cheap ammo to plink with. You all have a hog problem bad down there. I would love to go on a night hunt there.

They are bad. Especially out here. They run right down I10 at the little Trinity river wild life viewing area, and I have about been run down by a hog stampede. Funny as hell but spooky. Just Google up guided pig hunts here. You will get an awesome deal about any place you look in East Texas.

I use to live in Pasadena and Brazoria back in the day. They were not to bad back then . They make good target practice.

I use to live in Pasadena and Brazoria back in the day. They were not to bad back then . They make good target practice.

My best was three in one shot with the .270
In the spring when the sows dropped their litter the little fuckers would swarm my feeders. I'd wait and see how many would line up for me and......BLAM!!!
I would take all the one's I shot,big and small,and dump em over the fence line by the highway with the front end loader.
Then wait patiently for the grass to grow and the mowers to come and cut the easement.
It sounded like someone dropped a semi load of drumsticks off a fifty story building.

They do. My biggest thing now is finding a source of black powder and some musket caps. I do remember pasa-gitdown-dina. Drive through about daily.

My best was three in one shot with the .270
In the spring when the sows dropped their litter the little fuckers would swarm my feeders. I'd wait and see how many would line up for me and......BLAM!!!
I would take all the one's I shot,big and small,and dump em over the fence line by the highway with the front end loader.
Then wait patiently for the grass to grow and the mowers to come and cut the easement.
It sounded like someone dropped a semi load of drumsticks off a fifty story building.

LOL, that's what they do here to. Last one I got was with my muzzle loader. Everyone made fun of me until they saw it flat lay out a big fat sow in one shot. That's when I started gathering parts for the .50 Beowulf.

Man I hope you had a backup when shooting the muzzle loader. I want to put them down quick and fast. They are Ornery and down right nasty. You wound one and don't make a kill shot. You best make the first one count lol.

Man I hope you had a backup when shooting the muzzle loader. I want to put them down quick and fast. They are Ornery and down right nasty. You wound one and don't make a kill shot. You best make the first one count lol.

Oh it went down and fast. It was 60 grains of 3f real black powder under a 500 grain minie ball. My Enfield boomed and all you heard was Whack! They swore I missed but when we got their that hog was good and dead. I think I got it on a exhale because there was lots of blood on the ground and all over its snout.

The lilBushi ain't no slouch either. Same problem as the Enfield though, the sights suck. I need a flat top upper.

Okay, I think I photos worked out. Top is the Bushi in .223/.556. At this time it's got a stupid magpul hand guard. I broke the original. And the other is my 1851 Enfield musketoon. I like that one allot, but due to the fact I can't find musket caps or real black powder it mostly hangs on the wall.
20160418_105221_zpsrm59lm34.jpg

[/URL]/IMG]

Okay, I think I photos worked out. Top is the Bushi in .223/.556. At this time it's got a stupid magpul hand guard. I broke the original. And the other is my 1851 Enfield musketoon. I like that one allot, but due to the fact I can't find musket caps or real black powder it mostly hangs on the wall.

[/URL]/IMG]

The 1851 Enfield is a thing of beauty - absolutely beautiful. I have a good friend in town that ONLY shoots black powder and, while it's not really my thing, they DO take you back to a different time and it makes me appreciate how "effective" are weapons are now - compared to back then....

[/URL]/IMG]

The 1851 Enfield is a thing of beauty - absolutely beautiful. I have a good friend in town that ONLY shoots black powder and, while it's not really my thing, they DO take you back to a different time and it makes me appreciate how "effective" are weapons are now - compared to back then....

I bought that thing off a a reenactor. Wasn't civil war though, not ours anyway. That thing had been shot only twice both times with blanks. I figured it would be quaint and marginally accurate. I was wrong. Its a beast! Flat knocks the hell out of any critter you hit. Could not imagine getting shot with it. Very handy to. Nice in a saddle. If only it was a lever gun.

Forum List

Back