3) very rarely Jams and super easy to clean
4) very low maintenance
5) not too much kick
6) can take out several “ pests “

I fired a .40 and it was a disaster. Too much kick
I read the 9 mm Has weak stopping power
I did ok on a super heavy revolver of .38
Thx !!!

It's an "OK" forum for this discussion.. But most of the members use "The Garage" for gun threads...

Shot can STILL penetrate walls.. Into a neighbors' unit potentially... Much easier for home defense if you don't need to run off coyotes or defend your business in a riot..

A shotgun is Better against a mob of thugs and punks ??

Thought this was HOME defense? Where the hell are you defending? There are semi-auto shotguns.. Even 5 or 10 round detachable magazines.. Have NO IDEA about jamming issues with those. But I think a multi shot low end 20 gauge gives you a wide perimeter for reloading.. Can't remember the models but for SKEET pump action, but I've shot several.. And I BELIEVE there are 20 gauges with 4 to 6 shells stored in the tube.. VERY reliable if you buy a "skeet grade" gun...

For home defense ??
I hope this is the correct forum

I am not into pistols
I need a weapon as follows

1)very accurate and easy to shoot
2) it cannot penetrate walls and harm neighbors
4) very low maintenance
5) not too much kick

Thx !!!
Undoubtedly, one of the ultimate home defense weapons is the Remington 870 shotgun. Supremely reliable, you can load it with #8-#4 birdshot for the first 1 or 2 shells, just to show authorities you tried, then all the rest with 00 buck. Take no prisoners.

Also worth mentioning for consideration are the IWI Tavor TS12 and Panzer Arms BP-12 bull pup shotguns.

No one knows how to build a great killing machine better than the Israelis and the Turks.

Last edited:
For home defense ??
I hope this is the correct forum

I am not into pistols
I need a weapon as follows

1)very accurate and easy to shoot
2) it cannot penetrate walls and harm neighbors
4) very low maintenance
5) not too much kick

Thx !!!
Undoubtedly, one of the ultimate home defense weapons is the Remington 870 shotgun. Supremely reliable, you can load it with #8 birdshot for the first 1 oe 2 shells, just to show authorities you tried, then all the rest with 00 buck. Take no prisoners.
I was thinking semi-auto 20 gauge. Now, I am not familiar with those. Not sure about reliability.
(feeding, etc..)

I'm an advocate of using a shotgun for home defense loaded with #4 shot.
Too many people purchase a high powered pistol or rifle like the AR, not realizing if you miss the intruder the bullets will easily go thru the wall(s) and could kill a family member, or even a next door neighbor.
Also, if it's the middle of the night and you are jolted awake by the front door being kicked in. It's far easier when you're still foggy brained to just point the shotgun and blast the intruder. ... :cool:
Took the words off my keyboard.

That said, shotguns don't have the spread at close range that some folks seem to envision, and even #4 buck will punch sheetrock walls and severely wound someone on the other side. #6 is the smallest shot to be considered if you live in an apt or your house is configured in a manner that kids or family sleep between you and possible routes of intruder entry. A good weapon mounted light on a shotgun is certainly an advantage, and having a lot of trigger time will help. You still have to aim carefully. You also have to consider the fact that if you fire a shotgun in a house you're going to lose hearing. You can not imagine the concussion of shooting a weapon in a building until you do it. In the middle of the night, firing a gun in your house will be painful to your ears, and cause permanent hearing loss to some degree.

You can get a suppressor for a shotgun.

I would argue the modern 9mm 124Gr. +P cartridge is about the best option for carry, the people who say it is under powered are not up to current information.

I would also recommend a rifle with soft point ammo in a suburban environment.

There are so many variables to consider that I believe it is unwise to limit yourself.

Temporary ringing in the ears doesn't matter if you need the gun in the first place..........for someone who isn't good with guns..........practice and try different guns.....but the shotgun is the easiest gun out there to hit with........

Sounds like the OP just wants something easy and hard to miss with.

If the intruders get past my security gate, the guard dogs and the alligator-filled moat , my wife keeps a bazooka under the bed.
fun11.jpg

Benelli M4 ???
12 G
USA Marines love it
I never shot a M4 but have shot a M!4.............they kick like a mule...........First time I shot one full auto my third round was shooting at nonexistent birds in the sky.............You have to hold down on the barrel in full auto............

It's a very good weapon.......but it will cherry your shoulder if you don't know how to fire a weapon.

Temporary ringing in the ears doesn't matter if you need the gun in the first place..........for someone who isn't good with guns..........practice and try different guns.....but the shotgun is the easiest gun out there to hit with........

I have 2 grand
The Benelli m4 seems for me
Almost zero maintenance
You can’t miss
Never jams
Recoil low

I think I got it

what bulkets ???

Benelli M4 ???
12 G
USA Marines love it
I never shot a M4 but have shot a M!4.............they kick like a mule...........First time I shot one full auto my third round was shooting at nonexistent birds in the sky.............You have to hold down on the barrel in full auto............

It's a very good weapon.......but it will cherry your shoulder if you don't know how to fire a weapon.

I am very low IQ
And the SGun B M4 seems low IQ as you get

what bullets

I have 2 grand
Almost zero maintenance
You can’t miss
Never jams
Recoil low

I think I got it

what bulkets ???
Go to a gun range that loans weapons to shoot.........fire some and then choose.

I have 2 grand
Almost zero maintenance
You can’t miss
Never jams
Recoil low

I think I got it

what bulkets ???
Go to a gun range that loans weapons to shoot.........fire some and then choose.

I don’t Know if my desert city of Vegas has any
I will look

Not one person recommend me the AR
More of a down range weapon....not close quarters ...........I've never fired one.........fired a lot of weapons........

Sounds kinda like the M16......that you can hold with one hand and shoot the thing right next to your nuts........LOL

I think if I had the money I'd get a M1 ...........that weapon was a killing machine in WWII.....wouldn't mind having one.............but it's still not a close quarters weapon.

Forum List

Back