AR or shotgun ???

If the intruders get past my security gate, the guard dogs and the alligator-filled moat , my wife keeps a bazooka under the bed.
View attachment 355677
That'll work. My personal preference though is for an AK47 with grenade launcher and 100 round drum magazine. Might leave the house a little tore up but the wife will thank you later after the threat is extinguished and the dog can have what's left to help save on the kennel ration.

akm.jpg

The AK eats ARs for breakfast and will never leave you with your dick in your hands.

1593236051584.png

Small caliber with ten rounds in the mag.

Not likely to go far or have much penetration power left after hitting the wood siding inside a house therefore good for home defense.

I own two with three magazines for each.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Attachments

• 1593235989544.png
    1593235989544.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
View attachment 355682

Not likely to go far or have much penetration power left after hitting the wood siding inside a house therefore good for home defense.

*****SMILE*****

If .22 pistol, I would choose Ruger.
.22 magnum is viable, too.
Headshots work. :dunno:
Don't think OP is trying to be that precise. I might as well use a .22 pistol, really.
.38 Special ain't no super-stopping power. You really need to make headshots with it.

Not one person recommend me the AR

Requires discipline and training.. That's why... It's perfectly good for home defense as well.. But doesn't meet your requirement to not penetrate DEEPLY into your home..

I have a semi auto that's the same idea as an AR but isn't as cool looking.. But that's because of the wildlife that LOVES my yard.. The coyotes and bob cats just sit there and stare at me if I don't run them off... Defending my giant flock of wild turkeys during their nesting season...
You don’t kill them ..right??
I can’t kill any animal
Antifa thug —-yes

If they aren't threatening to kill anything, I don't shoot exactly at them...

View attachment 355682

*****SMILE*****

If .22 pistol, I would choose Ruger.
.22 magnum is viable, too.
Headshots work. :dunno:
Don't think OP is trying to be that precise. I might as well use a .22 pistol, really.
.38 Special ain't no super-stopping power. You really need to make headshots with it.

1593237311213.png

I was use to the 45 Colt from my service days so picked something that I was familiar with that had a low caliber, mostly for the wife and teens to use.

I also have a 9mil Beretta because I'm comfortable with it from my service days.

*****SMILE*****

I think if I had the money I'd get a M1 ...........that weapon was a killing machine in WWII.....wouldn't mind having one.............but it's still not a close quarters weapon.
M1 is accurate, but has a major disadvantage. When you load bullets, unless you're really fast, the bolt will close on your finger, and it hurts like hell. There's 3 ways to load it. All are precarious.

In US Army, I had the M14. No bolt worry. In Army National Guard, I had the M1.
I preferred the M14. Nice rifle.

For home defense ??
I hope this is the correct forum

I am not into pistols
I need a weapon as follows

1)very accurate and easy to shoot
2) it cannot penetrate walls and harm neighbors
3) very rarely Jams and super easy to clean
4) very low maintenance
5) not too much kick
6) can take out several “ pests “

I fired a .40 and it was a disaster. Too much kick
I read the 9 mm Has weak stopping power
I did ok on a super heavy revolver of .38
Thx !!!

I recommend an AR-15 pattern semi-automatic carbine in .300 Blackout.

But before you purchase a firearm of any kind I strongly suggest you do extensive research of the model and specifications and operation of the weapon you're interested in most. Additionally, go down to your local gun store and inquire about firearm safety and operation training courses specific to whatever weapon you intend to buy. Some indoor gun ranges and gun clubs will allow neophytes to handle various weapons after some basic instruction in order to find the perfect fit for your needs.

Personally, I couldn't recommend a shotgun for home defense unless you live alone and in a standalone home. Regardless of the shot load you choose the spread of the individual shot is going to be a factor in possibly injuring family members or pets should an intruder break into your residence. Further, buckshot and smaller shot pellets can penetrate doors and windows and travel to vehicles and other homes beyond your own. Which leaves shotgun slugs or sabots, a large lone chunk of lead which will penetrate many kinds of home building construction materials—and you don't want that.

Now, back to the .300 Blackout round chambered in an AR-15 platform. The .300 Blackout is something of a jack of all trades caliber in that it can fire smaller, faster bullets at fairly high velocities to engage targets at range or larger, subsonic bullets which still pack a good punch. For home defense in this caliber I strongly recommend the 220 grain JHP or jacketed hollow point. This round will give you the same "knockdown power" of a .45 ACP pistol cartridge, while the hollow point construction of the bullet will expand inside the target's body, dramatically reducing the chances of over penetration and secondary damage to other people and objects you don't wish to destroy. Recoil of this caliber is also very tolerable.

With a bit of research and training AR-15 pattern rifles are quite simple to operate, field strip, and clean. Oh yes . . . one more thing. Whatever you do, do not mount a weapon sight on your home defense weapon which requires batteries to operate. While most home defense situations happen at extreme close range and don't require looking through a scope or sights, you want absolute reliability in your sighting system and every other feature of your weapon. Keep everything about the weapon as simple as possible.

I don’t want many parts to clean I want low maintenance
And good “splatter “I am serious
Then buy a pump shotgun. Super reliable and very low maintenance. Takes very little training to learn to use.
I agree with the posters who said to get a 20 gauge shotgun not a 12 gauge. Because a 12 gauge kicks back like a mule.
Someone said to use #00 buckshot shot as the ammo for your home defense shotgun. Personally, I'm a fan of #4 buckshot.
#00 buckshot only shoots 9 steel pellets in a tight group. Whereas, #4 buckshot shoots 24 smaller steel pellets and has a larger spread when hitting the target. ... :cool:

Last edited:
Not one person recommend me the AR

Requires discipline and training.. That's why... It's perfectly good for home defense as well.. But doesn't meet your requirement to not penetrate DEEPLY into your home..

I have a semi auto that's the same idea as an AR but isn't as cool looking.. But that's because of the wildlife that LOVES my yard.. The coyotes and bob cats just sit there and stare at me if I don't run them off... Defending my giant flock of wild turkeys during their nesting season...

The AR with frangible ammo.

Why would you recommend frangible ammo for home defense? It is basically training ammunition where the bullet turns to powder if it strikes any hard service.
If I'm shooting at an armed criminal intruder that just broke down my from door and is intent on doing me harm. I want a round that is going to take him down, not dust him. ... :cool:

Why would you recommend frangible ammo for home defense? It is basically training ammunition where the bullet turns to powder if it strikes any hard service.
If I'm shooting at an armed criminal intruder that just broke down my from door and is intent on doing me harm. I want a round that is going to take him down, not dust him. ... :cool:

I think you have the wrong impression of frangible ammo.

"Home defense and personal defense ammo is application of frangible ammo. ... Penetration reduction does not mean that frangible ammo is not lethal or that it does not cause serious damage. It does. A frangible bullet is very lethal to any unarmored target."

So 4 pellets has bigger spread and will still kill bad folks ?? I like wide spread but it must still kill or maim ??

The M4 only comes in 12 G
They say the gun has little kick ??

I don’t even know what 20g vs 12g means

So 4 pellets has bigger spread and will still kill bad folks ?? I like wide spread but it must still kill or maim ??

The M4 only comes in 12 G
They say the gun has little kick ??

I don’t even know what 20g vs 12g means

Not trying to be an ass or anything but you really should consider some training and or classes before buying a firearm.
Do you understand the difference between a single and double action pistol/handgun?
Not knowing could get you or someone else killed.
Same goes for rifles and shotguns.
A lot of us grew up around firearms and were taught by our fathers from a young age about gun safety.
Do you know the basic rules of gun safety?I'm going to guess no.
You can actually learn all the rules on the internet but in person is far better.
I cant tell you how many Youtube vids I've seen where an instructor had to correct a student over and over again about one of the most important rules of gun safety......Never put your finger inside the trigger guard until you're ready to pull the trigger.

New Topics

Forum List

Back