AOC weighs in on why we should all support student loan forgiveness

LeftofLeft

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2011
Yet another in the line of Sanders, Warren, and now AOC touting the need to bail out student loans. Here is what we are not hearing: what regulations and controls are going to be put into place to prevent out of control student debt again.
As a taxpayer, I don’t mind funding students in their community colleges and state schools gaining skills sets where their is market demand (eg Nursing, IT). What I do mind is having to bail out or fund students who feel entitled to go to school three time zones away at an elite private college and concentrate in some bullshit major for which there is little or no market.

They entered a contract. When i do that i have to abide by that. I notice that democrats don't seem to respect legally binding contracts...isn't that right Stormy daniels. That's why you lost in court. Dems can't see beyond the tips of their noses...this is going to hurt all of us...including them.

1651520726130.png

To AOC:

NO!!! Pay your frakkin' debt.

Additionally... Any trade school knowledge should be obtainable in high school or they should be satisfied flipping burgers and stocking shelves or join the military.

Make schools do their frakkin' jobs or put them out of business.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Yet you say nothing about trillion being forgiven for PPP loans.
Saying nothing is not condoning it.
Put up a thread about that Moonglow & I might actually agree with something you have said for the first time.
Back it with stats & facts. Maybe link a few articles.
Can you do that buddy or is this just another trolling comment from your vast repertoire of snide remarks?

If they meet the requirements, which most do not. Most student loans are carried by grad students, IE Professional students, fuckem.
  • I noticed how well you investigated your opinion and how you didn't care if it was the truth or not. Which school taught you to do that?

• Graduate students borrow 37% of federal student loan dollars.
  • 46.7% of federal student loan debt belongs to graduate student borrowers.
  • $7.55 billion or 11.54% of all private student loan debt belongs to graduate student borrowers.
More items...

Oct 13, 2021

Average Graduate Student Loan Debt [2022]: for Master's & PhD​

What about my mortgage on my house? Or what my wife has to pay on her car? Or our credit card debt?

I mean I made an agreement to borrow money for those things and that I would pay it back just like people who got student loans. If they get their debts the agreed to accept paid off for them, then why don't I get my debts I agreed to pay off paid off for me as well?

I also shouldn't have to give back the items I took on the debt for because those students get to keep their experience and education they borrowed money for.

Disability, bankruptcy, etc, etc, why doesn't everyone pay their debts? Oh yeah, bankruptcy court allows one to discharge debts...
We are talking about blanket forgiveness for all holders of student loan.
Please try to stay on topic.

What about my mortgage on my house? Or what my wife has to pay on her car? Or our credit card debt?

I mean I made an agreement to borrow money for those things and that I would pay it back just like people who got student loans. If they get their debts the agreed to accept paid off for them, then why don't I get my debts I agreed to pay off paid off for me as well?

I also shouldn't have to give back the items I took on the debt for because those students get to keep their experience and education they borrowed money for.
You can by the means of bankruptcy.

Forum List

Back