US Appeals Court Blocks Joe Biden’s Student Loan Forgiveness Plan

What’s Driving Global Inflation?​

That still doesn't explain why Japan currently has an inflation rate of 2%, China at 2.2%, Hong Kong at 1.9%, Israel at 4.5%, Saudi Arabia at 2.7%, etc, while the US went up to 9.1%. Your idiot President refuses to accept the responsibility for the crappy economic conditions he himself has created. This he does while licking his ice cream cone, shrugging his shoulders, and blaming inflation on the rest of the world. He is wrong, and you keep blindly parroting what he says without any real facts to back up your statement. Get a fucking clue already.

BTW: The highest the inflation rate went under President Trump was 2.44%, and went as low as 1.23%.

Is the student making 124,999 or the student's parent? Why didn't right wingers bitch and moan when the PPP loans were being given out and forgiven?

So I take it you're okay with the PPP loans not being paid back?
And yes right-wingers complained about the PPP free cash acknowledging government had no way to keep track of the money, kind of like how they sent out mass mail-in election ballots with no way in place to audit mass mail-in voting.

So I take it you're okay with the PPP loans not being paid back?
And yes right-wingers complained about the PPP free cash acknowledging government had no way to keep track of the money, kind of like how they sent out mass mail-in election ballots with no way in place to audit mass mail-in voting.

Complain but you are willing to vote for it again. $8 trillion in debt, massive government giveaways (PPP, Corporate farm give aways, free checks for everyone) Endless pumping and calling for things like negative interest rates and you are willing to re-elect that?

Does the President any President even have the legal authority to forgive these loans? I have not seen or heard much if anything on this point if this goes ahead what other type of loans can be forgiven mortage, car, business loans, home improvement loans. We are getting on a very slippery slope with forgiving these loans but not other loans becuase we know people with loan debt other than student loan debt will be saying why not me.

21 Oct 2022 ~~ By Jim Hoft

The 8th Circuit US Appeals Court blocked Joe Biden’s student loan forgiveness program on Friday afternoon.
The court granted an emergency stay barring the discharge of any student debt until the court decides on a request for a longer-term injunction.
U.S. District Judge Henry Autrey in St. Louis ruled on Thursday that while the six Republican-led states had raised “important and significant challenges to the debt relief plan,” he threw out their lawsuit on grounds they lacked the necessary legal standing to pursue the case.​

Commentary:
Stupid should stop being rewarded. That’s how we got to where we are. It’s not about what you know, but who you know that has led to the mass incompetence we see now in every large corporation and govt agency.
It's wrong to forgive these loans.
The people who took them out promised to repay them as their way of avoiding paying their own money up-front. Many other people, like myself, paid for our education by working and taking that money I had earned and giving it to the College. I worked 40 hours a week to pay for my own education (admittedly back then schools were not as outrageously overpriced as they are today). A little less comfortable than going to college on somebody's else's money, but a lot easier now.

This is the most corrupt court in the country. They are playing politics. One of the right wing Supreme Court justices have already turned down a appeal.

It is not wrong to forgive a portion of these loans. These companies are corrupt and no different than slave owners. They steered many people into forbearance rather than income based repayment plans. This added to the debt burden that many people face. In addition, they bought off Congress to make student debt undischargeable in bankruptcy court which is indefensible. The biggest impact may be the revamping of how income based payments are calculated.

Thanks for the high inflation rate, shithead. And now you want to add another $1.6 trillion worth of gasoline on the inflationary fire?

GFY.

It adds nothing to inflation as no one will receive checks.

Does the President any President even have the legal authority to forgive these loans? I have not seen or heard much if anything on this point if this goes ahead what other type of loans can be forgiven mortage, car, business loans, home improvement loans. We are getting on a very slippery slope with forgiving these loans but not other loans becuase we know people with loan debt other than student loan debt will be saying why not me.

Yes he does. There are several statutes that relate to student loan debt held by the government.

That still doesn't explain why Japan currently has an inflation rate of 2%, China at 2.2%, Hong Kong at 1.9%, Israel at 4.5%, Saudi Arabia at 2.7%, etc, while the US went up to 9.1%. Your idiot President refuses to accept the responsibility for the crappy economic conditions he himself has created. This he does while licking his ice cream cone, shrugging his shoulders, and blaming inflation on the rest of the world. He is wrong, and you keep blindly parroting what he says without any real facts to back up your statement. Get a fucking clue already.

BTW: The highest the inflation rate went under President Trump was 2.44%, and went as low as 1.23%.

Great Britian has a 10% inflation rate.

Thanks for the high inflation rate, shithead. And now you want to add another $1.6 trillion worth of gasoline on the inflationary fire?

GFY.
So what, you know what the PPP got forgiven.

21 Oct 2022 ~~ By Jim Hoft

The 8th Circuit US Appeals Court blocked Joe Biden’s student loan forgiveness program on Friday afternoon.
The court granted an emergency stay barring the discharge of any student debt until the court decides on a request for a longer-term injunction.
U.S. District Judge Henry Autrey in St. Louis ruled on Thursday that while the six Republican-led states had raised “important and significant challenges to the debt relief plan,” he threw out their lawsuit on grounds they lacked the necessary legal standing to pursue the case.​

Commentary:
Stupid should stop being rewarded. That’s how we got to where we are. It’s not about what you know, but who you know that has led to the mass incompetence we see now in every large corporation and govt agency.
It's wrong to forgive these loans.
The people who took them out promised to repay them as their way of avoiding paying their own money up-front. Many other people, like myself, paid for our education by working and taking that money I had earned and giving it to the College. I worked 40 hours a week to pay for my own education (admittedly back then schools were not as outrageously overpriced as they are today). A little less comfortable than going to college on somebody's else's money, but a lot easier now.
A Disgraceful Institution That Means Nothing More Than Buying a Job

So you were a sucker. Logic dictates that since college is work without pay, it produces amateurs.

And Biden extended the PPP loans, even though there was probably no need to.
In August, President Biden signed two bills into law that give the Department of Justice and other federal agencies more time to investigate and prosecute Paycheck Protection Program (“PPP”) and COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan (“EIDL”) cases. H.R. 7352, the “PPP and Bank Fraud Enforcement Harmonization Act of 2022” and H.R. 7334, the “COVID-19 EIDL Fraud Statute of Limitations Act of 2022” extend the statute of limitations for fraud charges involving PPP and EIDL fraud to ten years.

You must be talking about this extension.
Now why shouldn't student loans get their student loans forgiveness??

REPUBLICANS VOTED THREE TIMES TO SUSPEND
THE DEBT LIMIT UNDER PRESIDENT TRUMP

Despite their sudden opposition to working with Democrats to address the debt limit, Republicans repeatedly voted to suspend the debt limit under President Trump.

September 8, 2017: The Republican-controlled House voted 316-90 to suspend the debt limit through December 8, 2017 under a deal endorsed by President Trump.
YEA votes included: Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy, Ways and Means Chairman Kevin Brady, GOP Conference Chair Cathy McMorris Rodgers all voting to meet the country’s financial obligations.

September 8, 2017: The Republican-controlled Senate voted 80-17 to suspend the debt limit through December 8, 2017.
YEA votes included: Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, Majority Whip John Cornyn, Finance Chairman Orrin Hatch, and GOP Conference Chair John Thune all voting in favor.

February 9, 2018: The Republican-controlled House voted 240-186 to suspend the debt limit through March 1, 2019.
YEA votes included: Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy, Majority Whip Steve Scalise, Ways and Means Chairman Kevin Brady, GOP Conference Chair Cathy McMorris Rodgers all voting for the measure.

February 9, 2018: The Republican-controlled Senate voted 71-28 to suspend the debt limit through March 1, 2019.
YEA votes included: Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, Majority Whip John Cornyn, Finance Chairman Orrin Hatch, and GOP Conference Chair John Thune all voting in favor.

July 25th, 2019: The Democratic-controlled House voted to suspend the debt limit through July 31, 2021 by a vote of 284-149.
YEA votes included: Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, Minority Whip Steve Scalise, Ways and Means Ranking Member Kevin Brady, and GOP Conference Chair Liz Cheney all voting for it.

August 1, 2019: The Republican-controlled Senate voted 67-28 to suspend the debt limit through July 31, 2021.
YEA votes included: Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, Majority Whip John Thune, and Finance Chairman Chuck Grassley all voting in favor.

97% OF TOTAL DEBT SUBJECT TO THE LIMIT WAS
ACCUMULATED BEFORE BIDEN TOOK OFFICE

That should shut your scribbly for a while.

Forum List

Back