AOC weighs in on why we should all support student loan forgiveness

Not really the same thing.

PPP loans were to be used for payroll and to keep businesses from going belly up not for personal educational goals of people who don't employ anyone or contribute to the economy in any meaningful way
I can tell you prefer to hate students and not support students. The wealthy bastards that got millions for free sure needed it much more than anyone else in the world.

I can tell you prefer to hate students and not support students. The wealthy bastards that got millions for free sure needed it much more than anyone else in the world.
You do realize that most people who git PPP loans were not rich bastards but were small businesses that had fewer than 50 employees and that money helped these small business owners keep their doors open don't you?

And I don;t "hate" anyone but people do not have to go to college and if they choose to go they do not have to go into debt

What's the difference of forgiving all college debt and forgiving all mortgage debt?

You do realize that most people who git PPP loans were not rich bastards but were small businesses that had fewer than 50 employees and that money helped these small business owners keep their doors open don't you?

And I don;t "hate" anyone but people do not have to go to college and if they choose to go they do not have to go into debt

What's the difference of forgiving all college debt and forgiving all mortgage debt?

I agree federal mortgages should be forgiven.​

New PPP Loan Data Reveals Most Of The $525 Billion Given ...

https://www.forbes.com › sites › 2020/12/02 › new-ppp...

Dec 2, 2020 — New PPP Loan Data Reveals Most Of The $525 Billion Given Out Went To Larger Businesses—And A Few With Trump, Kushner Ties · Topline · Key Facts.

I agree federal mortgages should be forgiven.​

New PPP Loan Data Reveals Most Of The $525 Billion Given ...

https://www.forbes.com › sites › 2020/12/02 › new-ppp...

Dec 2, 2020 — New PPP Loan Data Reveals Most Of The $525 Billion Given Out Went To Larger Businesses—And A Few With Trump, Kushner Ties · Topline · Key Facts.
from your link

Additionally, while the SBA originally argued that 87% of loans went to smaller businesses

These smaller businesses obviously has lower payrolls so in aggregate they got less of the money but that does not negate the fact that small businesses derived a greater benefit and the economy overall benefitted from that.

What benefit do we get by forgiving student loan debt? None.

The core of my argument is that it is fucking insane to ask the taxpayer to foot student loan bill of a self entitled student who took on egregious debt to gain skills sets in a professional field that will not yield compensation to help pay off the loan. This must stop..

And my point is that when you have two political parties and a voting system like there is, then things like this, policies that aren't about what's best for the country, but best for the political parties, will be the norm.

You want to change such policies, you need to change the whole system, starting with the way people vote. This is the solution.

Yet another in the line of Sanders, Warren, and now AOC touting the need to bail out student loans. Here is what we are not hearing: what regulations and controls are going to be put into place to prevent out of control student debt again.
As a taxpayer, I don’t mind funding students in their community colleges and state schools gaining skills sets where their is market demand (eg Nursing, IT). What I do mind is having to bail out or fund students who feel entitled to go to school three time zones away at an elite private college and concentrate in some bullshit major for which there is little or no market.

Forum List

Back