AOC weighs in on why we should all support student loan forgiveness

Dimocrats seem to always have this need to have someone else pay their bills.
y4iyjkg7d5x81.jpg

Imagine all those who forwent college because of the cost, now are forced to pay
for those who went and would now have debt relief.
Ain't America great?

Yep. So some lawyer or doctor gets their debt forgiven which means you and I paid for it. Now we go for their services and they charge us $250.00 an hour.

Disability, bankruptcy, etc, etc, why doesn't everyone pay their debts? Oh yeah, bankruptcy court allows one to discharge debts...

Correct, but it also goes on their credit record as well so nobody will lend them money for quite some time. If we are to forgive student debt, any former student that accepts it should also be reported as a dead beat so other lending institutions don't lend them money either, just like those who file bankruptcy.

The deeper you dig into this...the worse it looks. For starters the people this will benefit are overwhelmingly from well to do backgrounds...have graduate degrees and are making far more money than some poor blue collar schmuck. Yet AOC expects the tax dollars of that blue collar worker who couldn't afford to go to college to now pay for the education of some spoiled "woke" college student? Good luck on selling THAT!

Then there is inflation. This is the Federal Government once again pumping more cash into the economy which is one more way to increase inflation. They just can't seem to grasp what all the freebies they love so dearly actually do to the economy!

I mean if you REALLY wanted to forgive debt...how about doing it for the poor bastard who's not pulling down a six figure salary but is being hit with huge rent increases...grocery price hikes...and fuel prices for both their home and their vehicle that are almost double what they were last year?

Why do those guys not warrant a helping hand? Because they're not going to vote for Democrats this year?

Yet another in the line of Sanders, Warren, and now AOC touting the need to bail out student loans. Here is what we are not hearing: what regulations and controls are going to be put into place to prevent out of control student debt again.
As a taxpayer, I don’t mind funding students in their community colleges and state schools gaining skills sets where their is market demand (eg Nursing, IT). What I do mind is having to bail out or fund students who feel entitled to go to school three time zones away at an elite private college and concentrate in some bullshit major for which there is little or no market.

When you have two political parties, and only two, then crazies on both sides will be in the main two parties.

Surely it's be better to have a further left and a further right party that have nothing to do with the more moderate parties.

Proportional Representation gives you that.

I mean if you REALLY wanted to forgive debt...how about doing it for the poor bastard who's not pulling down a six figure salary but is being hit with huge rent increases...grocery price hikes...and fuel prices for both their home and their vehicle that are almost double what they were last year?

Why do those guys not warrant a helping hand? Because they're not going to vote for Democrats this year?

That's exactly it. As the old saying goes, if you don't vote Democrat when you're young, you have no heart. If you vote Democrats when you're older, you have no brain.

Almost all of the Democrat policies and spending are for vote buying or power. Every bill is loaded with pork for that reason. Totally paying off student debt would put us another 1.5 trillion dollars in the hole. This vote buying from a country already 30 trillion in debt. Their so-called infrastructure bill is loaded with all kinds of green bullshit and has little to do with roads, bridges or airports.

When you have two political parties, and only two, then crazies on both sides will be in the main two parties.

Surely it's be better to have a further left and a further right party that have nothing to do with the more moderate parties.

Proportional Representation gives you that.
The core of my argument is that it is fucking insane to ask the taxpayer to foot student loan bill of a self entitled student who took on egregious debt to gain skills sets in a professional field that will not yield compensation to help pay off the loan. This must stop..

Yet you say nothing about trillion being forgiven for PPP loans.
Not really the same thing.

PPP loans were to be used for payroll and to keep businesses from going belly up not for personal educational goals of people who don't employ anyone or contribute to the economy in any meaningful way

Forum List

Back