Anyone think the internet was better back in the 90's early 2000's?

metalwolf

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2020
I'm probably gonna show my age with this post, but i remember the good old days of the internet back in the 90's early 2000's before the suits started getting their greedy hands on it.

Because back then you had to know how a computer worked before you could get on the internet. And back then everything required a seperate irq# and if something had the same irq it would brick the computer and when modems came seperate. The only way back then you would get on the internet is if you were a college student,military,worked for the government or knew someone in those fields. And back then you couldn't get on the internet using a cell phone.

And it seems nowadays the internet is becoming too commercialized and kid friendly.

Like kids are going to many sites nowadays and causing websites to be brought down to kid safe levels, regardless what the site is actually about.

And using a fake name is frowned upon nowadays by facebook and such,when back in 1996 it was considered the norm to use a fake name, instead of a real name.

I feel we should be like to facebook,google and such, **** you, you can't tell me what to do.

Last edited:
Yup, it was great before it got commercialized and all owned by Tech Oligarchs.

6CF7C05E-07A5-45DB-9D89-E7B5E09797AB.jpeg

I don't go that far back in the techie stuff. I started off on webtv Only good thing about it was I learned html, lol.
But...I began to sell on ebay and I needed a pc for that...sooo.......

Of course, the Internet was better in the 90s, it allowed you to do a lot. For example, you started uploading a photo and you have time to have lunch, smoke, walk the dog and make love to your wife. Now all these opportunities are gone...

Last edited:
When will you be old enough to learn punctuation, child?

I don't give a rat's about punctuation. Your problem is I keep ripping it up you repigs and you don't like it. You don't own this forum and you clowns have dominated it far to long.
It's over son. You won't get away with it any longer.

C a n you check the spelling. I don't want to scramble the limited intelligence you have.

I don't give a rat's about punctuation. Your problem is I keep ripping it up you repigs and you don't like it. You don't own this forum and you clowns have dominated it far to long.

C a n you check the spelling. I don't want to scramble the limited intelligence you have.
We haven't yet begun to fight bitch

Your Mom still calls you her special boy, doesn't she?

Forum List

Back