Anyone following the little league world series?

airplanemechanic

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 2014
When I was a little boy I used to collect baseball cards. I still have my collection. I didn't particularly like to PLAY baseball as much as I did football, but I loved the baseball cards. That got me following the LLWS ever since. Our local team made it to the LLWS but lost their first game, now they're in the elimination bracket.

Go Lafayette!!! You can do it!

1629560555379.jpeg

I watch it every year. Too bad there are no international teams but it's so great to watch these kids play for the pure love of the game. I just saw that a young girl went 2 for 2 yesterday and helped her team win, awesome!

No. Just two teams of a dozen preteen boys slapping each others hands, listening to the national anthem WITH HANDS OVER HEARTS and playing America's game.
beats the three major corrupt sports of the MLB,NBA and NFL we have now anyday of the year.

I watch it every year. Too bad there are no international teams but it's so great to watch these kids play for the pure love of the game. I just saw that a young girl went 2 for 2 yesterday and helped her team win, awesome!
You are right. However the Home Plate Umpiring at times is brutal.

In fact Lafayette is the last winner of the LLWS back in 2019. They had no LLWS in 2020.

It's the only sport where I'm as happy for the winning team as I am for the losing team for even getting that far. I can see the jubilance in these boys faces, so beating our home team, well not good, but I'm certainly proud of them because they played well. It's South Dakota's pitcher that was phenomenal.

Last edited:
22lcidw Ah yes, catcher sets up a foot outside the plate STEERIKE THREE!!!
Sometimes it looks like it is outside the lines. Kids are strictly taught about swinging with good coaches. The upper and lower pitches are bad enough. The side to side makes the difference on who may advance. Just saying it can be noticeable.

While I love baseball and enjoyed playing, coaching, and watching Little League, the LL World Series is, in my humble opinion, a perverse event.

The trouble with Little League at that level is that the most dominant players are the OLDEST and LARGEST. Some 12-year-old's are almost adults, and some are little kids; we all mature at different rates. The ones who dominate are - wait for it - the 12-year-old's who were born in August and September. They don't dominate because they are talented; they dominate because they are physically bigger and more mature. By the time these kids are 16, the talent hierarchy will have largely flipped, as the late bloomers mature and develop as players.

The Pony League WS is a similarly perverse event. The teams that dominate the PLWS are usually the teams who come from geographical areas where you can play 12 months per year - and those teams practice, as a team, for 12 months a year. FLorida, California, Arizona, places like that.

I take no joy in watching a 12-year-old throwing the ball 70mph from 46 feet away, blowing away all the hitters. Sorry.

When I was a little boy I used to collect baseball cards. I still have my collection. I didn't particularly like to PLAY baseball as much as I did football, but I loved the baseball cards. That got me following the LLWS ever since. Our local team made it to the LLWS but lost their first game, now they're in the elimination bracket.

Go Lafayette!!! You can do it!

View attachment 528968
Wife is....I remember us driving by the field in Williamsport when we would go visit relatives in Richmond.....PA hwy 15.

Forum List

Back