Any non-partisan conservatives here?

There's no such thing as a non-partisan conservative.

I would bet ya on that, but you would probably try to get some one else to pay your bet for ya.

I could give a rats ass about the Repubs, and I am conservative as you can get.

KILL EM ALL & LET GOD SORT EM OUT!

Oh and I am all for legalizing weed.... wow, bet ya didnt see that coming did ya?

Hey...so am I!

And I agree....get rid of every last one of them on BOTH sides of the aisle.

In general, I think there are a lot more people (on both ends of the spectrum) who really believe outrageous nonsense than there are people who consciously lie.

It's hard to parse the two. You're identifying people based on their set of political beliefs but don't want to hear about which party they generally support. That's a tall order.

Democrats are more cohesive than Republicans. In common parlance that means they are more partisan. I don't think it's really a bad thing.

Everyone has to have a name these days, you can't just have an opinion on something. If you aren't partisan then you're an ideologue. You can't win for losing.

I don't think it's possible to have a private individual who has a particular political leaning and isn't partisan to a fairly large extent. I'm a conservative, I generally support the Republicans, didn't vote for McCain or Bush for president or governor because they're a couple of liberals. Does that make me non-partisan? I don't think so. I despise the Republicans, but not as much as the Democrats, and I'll keep voting Republican to keep the Democrats out, provided they aren't just Democrats with an R after their name like Bush and McCain. Does that make me non-partisan? I don't think so.

Just curious, if you did not vote for McCain or Bush, does that mean you voter for the Dem candidate or just did not vote in those presidential elections?

If by "non-partisan" you mean willing to bend over and have a Marxist agenda shoved our collective asses.... uh, probably not so much. BTW.. when's the last time anyone of you leftists compromised on anything? It's full bore Marxist ideology or "FUCK YOU YOU RACIST PIGS".

STOP IT!!!! Obama is not a fucking Marxist, neither is anyone in Congress.

God damned all the lies!!!!!!!!

You are correct, however in Obama's own words, he was influenced by Marxist professors in college and even expressed marxist views. You have to admit, these types of things influence a person especially at the college age.

If by "non-partisan" you mean willing to bend over and have a Marxist agenda shoved our collective asses.... uh, probably not so much. BTW.. when's the last time anyone of you leftists compromised on anything? It's full bore Marxist ideology or "FUCK YOU YOU RACIST PIGS".

You are correct, however in Obama's own words, he was influenced by Marxist professors in college and even expressed marxist views. You have to admit, these types of things influence a person especially at the college age.
So Obama said "I was influenced by Marxist professors"? Maybe Rush needs to hear this quote.

"Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form."
Karl Marx

im conservative, and dont care for the dems, the reps, the tea party, or any other party. They are all crap.

Yep, the only problem is when one side is being so destructive to the country, as I as a conservative think the Dems are, you are left with a choice. Shit or FUCKING SHIT.

No he is not correct man, don't be a pussy. Obama is a Marxist, and there are more than a few in congress as well.

You have to remember. Marxism represents communism before the Soviets corrupted it, and anyone else who tried it corrupted it. Obama is a Marxist who thinks he can do it right this time. When we call him a Marxist we do not mean he wants to be Stalin, we mean he thinks he Can be the one to get it right and bring us Utopia. He is guilty of Ideological Ignorance. He has the Audacity of Hope to Believe He is the one who can make a failed ideology work for the first time.

Last edited:
No he is not correct man, don't be a pussy. Obama is a Marxist, and there are more than a few in congress as well.

You have to remember. Marxism represents communism before the Soviets corrupted it, and anyone else who tried it corrupted it. Obama is a Marxist who thinks he can do it right this time. When we call him a Marxist we do not mean he wants to be Stalin, we mean he thinks he Can be the one to get it right and bring us Utopia. He is guilty of Ideological Ignorance. He has the Audacity of Hope to Believe He is the one who can make a failed ideology work for the first time.

Don't derail the topic with this stale talking point, okay? I'm more than happy to debate the point with you if you want, but let's do it in another thread.

This is not high school (well maybe for you), so stop with the name calling even if you agree with me. I will not debate immature name callers. The debate is lost if you have to resort to those tactics.

Let's look at the dictionary definition of 'partisan':

par·ti·san 1 (pärt-zn)
n.
1. A fervent, sometimes militant supporter or proponent of a party, cause, faction, person, or idea.
2. A member of an organized body of fighters who attack or harass an enemy, especially within occupied territory; a guerrilla.
adj.
1. Of, relating to, or characteristic of a partisan or partisans.
partisan2 - definition of partisan2 by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.. Devoted to or biased in support of a party, group, or cause: partisan politics.

But in American vernacular, 'partisan' literally refers to affiliation with and/or support or advocacy for a particular recognized political party.

So in that sense I think many, if not most, of the USMB self-professed conservatives are non partisan. Most of us felt the GOP left us at various intervals over the last ten years, at least in several important areas. So we are not Republicans in the sense that we affiliate with, support, or are advocates for the GOP. We've been pretty darn unhappy with the GOP though it has been behaving itself better lately. And we will defend the GOP when it gets it right. We'll defend the Democrats when they get it right too.

We are and will support and be advocates for sound conservatives principles or initiatives no matter who puts them out there.

Does that mean we are therefore Democrats? No we are not.

But when it comes right down to it, only the Tea Partiers and 9/12ers are focused on conservative principles right now and making their voices heard. And they aren't a political party that we can vote for. They are just singing the conservatives' song.

Probably most of us will be voting GOP in November only because they support more conservative issues or principles than do the Democrats who conservatives see as having been disastrous for the past four years.

But we long for return to the basic conservative principles and despair that nobody is doing a good job of representing us right now. I've said it before: it simply isn't good enough to just not suck as bad as the other side sucks.

I hope we will begin the process of correcting that in November.

Don't derail the topic with this stale talking point, okay? I'm more than happy to debate the point with you if you want, but let's do it in another thread.

Hey! Check out the new guy! Trying to keep his thread on track!

Good luck with that, let me know how it turns out. :lol:

Hey! Check out the new guy! Trying to keep his thread on track!

Good luck with that, let me know how it turns out. :lol:

I pride myself on succeeding where others have failed. :cool:

define 'conservative'. Many of us are conservative on certain issues and not when it comes to others, or wish for varying degrees of cxonservatism (returning to the 50's versus returning the 1850's or 1718, for instant)
For the purpose of this thread, I'm referring to people who favor what modern American political scientists consider to be a conservative style of government. As someone mentioned earlier, it's not a laundry list of ideological stances.

Well, we can clearly rule you out when putting together any list of non-partisans.

Forum List

Back