Any F1 fans?

Curious to see if we have any fans of Formula 1 here.
I can't wait for V-8's to return and Verstappen gets his 1st championship. He deserves the best equipment, otherwise it will never happen.

I agree with verstappen. He is the hot ticket right now. Could you imagine him in the mercedes? I think he is close with red bull already. However, it may be a bit of so close, yet so far since this is the last year of the current car. 2021 will bring a completely new car and a new regulation set.

Doubt we will ever see v8 power in F1 again. FIA are probably eyeing a smaller carbon footprint and the turbo hybrid cars, while not as angry as the engines of old, are still part of a package that has produced the fastest F1 cars yet.

Also, I believe F1 are strongly looking at a new type of opposing piston 2 stroke engine for the future.

So, does anyone believe Ferrari are bagging? One would think so, with their customer teams being actually faster, but Binotto seems very adamant that they are truly lagging. Of course, we've seen these tactics from merc in the past, as well as ferarri, so who knows.

I am curious if leclerc is going to top vettel this year, and I'm equally curious to see if that merc copy that racing point has brought will pay off for them.

So, does anyone believe Ferrari are bagging? One would think so, with their customer teams being actually faster, but Binotto seems very adamant that they are truly lagging. Of course, we've seen these tactics from merc in the past, as well as ferarri, so who knows.

I am curious if leclerc is going to top vettel this year, and I'm equally curious to see if that merc copy that racing point has brought will pay off for them.
Rumors about Merc quitting F1

I can't wait for V-8's to return and Verstappen gets his 1st championship. He deserves the best equipment, otherwise it will never happen.

I agree with verstappen. He is the hot ticket right now. Could you imagine him in the mercedes? I think he is close with red bull already. However, it may be a bit of so close, yet so far since this is the last year of the current car. 2021 will bring a completely new car and a new regulation set.

Doubt we will ever see v8 power in F1 again. FIA are probably eyeing a smaller carbon footprint and the turbo hybrid cars, while not as angry as the engines of old, are still part of a package that has produced the fastest F1 cars yet.

Also, I believe F1 are strongly looking at a new type of opposing piston 2 stroke engine for the future.

Many drivers want the throttle control of a V8 Turbo. Remember how good the racing was?
Max has a great future and IMHO will leave RB, as the best do. Silver or Red.

Many drivers want the throttle control of a V8 Turbo. Remember how good the racing was?

I'm sure at some point he will leave red bull. He just signed a contract that puts him at red bull for another 2 or 3 years i think. Of course, he can always use his exit clause if they cant provide him a car that is capable of competing.

I think Toto wolf dismissed the rumors of a Mercedes exit, but who knows, things change fast.

Now, one change to watch for is what vettel does. If he has a bad season, it could open the prospect that he may retire and leave a seat open. This could shake some things up. Hamilton has apparently been meeting with the heads at Ferrari. I think Hamilton does want to spend a year or two there. He has also mentioned that there are other interests he would eventually like to pursue. Also, hamilton is out of contract with mercedes at the end of the year and I dont believe they have said anything about negotiations as if yet.

If vettel leaves, I'd be curious who takes his seat. Ricciardo seems like a prospect, especially if Renault doesnt com through for him.

I'm sure at some point he will leave red bull. He just signed a contract that puts him at red bull for another 2 or 3 years i think. Of course, he can always use his exit clause if they cant provide him a car that is capable of competing.

I think Toto wolf dismissed the rumors of a Mercedes exit, but who knows, things change fast.

Now, one change to watch for is what vettel does. If he has a bad season, it could open the prospect that he may retire and leave a seat open. This could shake some things up. Hamilton has apparently been meeting with the heads at Ferrari. I think Hamilton does want to spend a year or two there. He has also mentioned that there are other interests he would eventually like to pursue. Also, hamilton is out of contract with mercedes at the end of the year and I dont believe they have said anything about negotiations as if yet.

If vettel leaves, I'd be curious who takes his seat. Ricciardo seems like a prospect, especially if Renault doesnt com through for him.

I was really surprised that LeClerc was signed to the red car for 5 years. I am not a fan.

Toto owns 30% of the Petronas/AMG team along with Jesse James' wife Alexis DeGoria and her Dad, but not sure how much. I remember reading that it was quite a lot. Must be nice to wrangle a billionairess.

Ever watch Hamilton eyeball the Ferrari after a race? He does it often, especially when he gets beat by one.

Yes formula one is much better than all the oval track shit but endurance races like LeMans and Sebring are the best of the best. Having been too both I'll take endurance over F1 anyday but F1 is still great nonetheless. Being from the south I've been to many NASCR what were once called stock car races but I much prefer road track races over circle tracks any day. Endurance however is true test of man and machine. If you have never been, put LeMans on your bucket list. Camping out in the infield best as you can wander around and view the race from many places and many aspects.

I was really surprised that LeClerc was signed to the red car for 5 years. I am not a fan.

Toto owns 30% of the Petronas/AMG team along with Jesse James' wife Alexis DeGoria and her Dad, but not sure how much. I remember reading that it was quite a lot. Must be nice to wrangle a billionairess.

Ever watch Hamilton eyeball the Ferrari after a race? He does it often, especially when he gets beat by one.

Yes, I've seen that.l. but then vettel does it to Mercedes as well. They are always eyeing each others cars to see what new bits they have on the cars, and to see what inspiration they can draw for potential changes to their own cars. I'm sure it happens up and down the paddock.

I like leclerc, hes shown promise in his first year at ferrari. He beat vettel in the points, but I'm waiting to seen if that was a fluke. This year should be telling.

Yes formula one is much better than all the oval track shit but endurance races like LeMans and Sebring are the best of the best. Having been too both I'll take endurance over F1 anyday but F1 is still great nonetheless. Being from the south I've been to many NASCR what were once called stock car races but I much prefer road track races over circle tracks any day. Endurance however is true test of man and machine. If you have never been, put LeMans on your bucket list. Camping out in the infield best as you can wander around and view the race from many places and many aspects.
I like IMSA and WEC as well I just dont follow it really as much. I like indy car as well.

Before the pirelli challenge (or was it the conti series, I forget) was removed from WEC, me and some friends used to go when they went to COTA, always fun.

I would love to see a race at sebring, Watkins, weather tech (formerly mazda Laguna seca), and 24 hours of Daytona, just not able to find the time though.

But yeah, I like the gt and prototypes as well.

Forum List

Back