The making of Chase Young: How an athletic freak at Ohio State became the best player in NFL Draft

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
"When I say that, it's almost like people feel like it's a slap in the face to what Ohio State's done," NFL Network analyst Daniel Jeremiah said on a recent conference call. "Because when you look at the Bosa brothers and how good they are, he's in the group with those guys.

"I do want to clarify that. (Young) is the best player in this draft class."

It is not a slap in the face to Joey and Nick Bosa, the No. 3 pick in the 2016 NFL Draft and No. 2 pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, respectively. It's more of a nod to the incredible athleticism Young possesses. The labels are easy to attach to his name.

The complete freak.

A total beast.

The Predator.
The making of Chase Young: How an athletic freak at Ohio State became the best player in the NFL Draft

Never heard of him. Not unusual for me though.

He's not a loudmouth, he's not a bragger, and he's not dark-skinned. So of course, the big media machine is not going to show him very much because he doesn't fit the avg NFL defensive lineman description for which big media usually paints as savages.

He's not a loudmouth, he's not a bragger, and he's not dark-skinned. So of course, the big media machine is not going to show him very much because he doesn't fit the avg NFL defensive lineman description for which big media usually paints as savages.
Here is another angle. Maybe he is to good. Or at worse hyped as to good. Some early defensive superstar draft picks do not even stay on the same team after their rookie contract. Would it be better to trade down and get a couple of players? An edge rusher with slightly less pedigree who will give you near the same results and another pick in a needed position of value to go with it. However, if the team is ready to win now, maybe it is not a bad deal. The Redskins are not ready yet. But in this age of parity anything can happen. They still have to get by the Cowboys and Eagles to get into the playoff hunt.

He didn't impress me against Clemson(good O line) but he was a beast all year

I don’t watch college, but he looks good in his highlights. Then of course everyone does.

Forum List

Back