Anti-Gunners, Gunning For Mall Shooting Hero.

America has top quality healthcare

Brits do not
I think you need to do some research too. Can I suggest a simple search on YouTube where Americans live in the UK. They believe the NHS knocks the socks off the healthcare in the US.

Healthcare is so fantastic in the US, many have none. In the UK, ALL UK citizens have healthcare.

I think you need to do some research too. Can I suggest a simple search on YouTube where Americans live in the UK. They believe the NHS knocks the socks off the healthcare in the US.

Healthcare is so fantastic in the US, many have none. In the UK, ALL UK citizens have healthcare.

Yeah...when you are young and don't need it, it rocks.....hit 55 and need cancer treatment and see how great it is.....and again, without the U.S. paying the tab for your national defense, the NHS would have collapsed already.

Letting you die waiting 3 years for a hospital bed is not technically healthcare......

The number of people waiting for hospital treatment with the NHS in England has topped 7 million for the first time in August.

There were other unwelcome records elsewhere, with just 56.9% of patients attending major A&Es in September seen within four hours – a record low.

Just 72.9% of patients received their first treatment for cancer within two months after seeing a consultant while one-month waits for radiotherapy also reached a new low at 90.5% of patients against a target of 94%. The service failed to meet seven out of eight of its stated cancer targets.

The number of patients waiting more than a year for treatment grew to 387,257 by the end of August, up from 377,689 the month before, equivalent to one in every 18 patients on the waiting list. Eighteen-month waits fell from the high of 123,969 in September 2021 but still affect 50,888.

Under Britain’s socialized medicine, a cancer diagnosis meets a 3-year waitlist

The European systems chugged along for a while, even as medical care got more complicated, only because Americans paid for it by absorbing their defense costs during the Cold War.
---
A cancer-battling granddad has been left flabbergasted after being told he must wait three years for a hospital appointment. Andrew Jones, 61, won't be allowed to attend the medical facility until it's almost time for the next World Cup in North America.
---
His confirmation arrived days after a 16-year-old boy was told he wouldn't been seen for 950-days for his “urgent” NHS appointment for a urology-related problem.
----
The same article says that the NHS has 6 million people waiting for surgeries for non-life-threatening issues—or 9% of the United Kingdom’s population. If that 6 million number refers only to England’s NHS (as opposed to Scotland’s or Wale’s), then 10.6% of the population is on a healthcare waitlist.
----

In a real marketplace, the customer would be seeking the best quality for the lowest fees while the provider would be trying to maximize profit, control costs, and provide quality care. These concerns, plus genuine marketplace competition, would see price-conscience shopping and innovation.

[/URL]

England provides the same crappy healthcare to everyone

In America those who can afford it have great healthcare

And we could have better healthcare if more of it was privatized.........everyone has a cell phone because the government doesn't control access to cell phones......dittos every other product people want...only in education and healthcare does the government and the left destroy our ability to have better quality.

Yeah...when you are young and don't need it, it rocks.....hit 55 and need cancer treatment and see how great it is.....and again, without the U.S. paying the tab for your national defense, the NHS would have collapsed already.
You call it, "Paying the tab", I call it, "Taking advantage of gullibles giving their military help away for nothing". And you think other countries are the stoopid ones 🤔

At least Trump had the foresight to try and bill countries, but under Biden, America is back to military stoopidness.

Letting you die waiting 3 years for a hospital bed is not technically healthcare......

The number of people waiting for hospital treatment with the NHS in England has topped 7 million for the first time in August.

There were other unwelcome records elsewhere, with just 56.9% of patients attending major A&Es in September seen within four hours – a record low.

Just 72.9% of patients received their first treatment for cancer within two months after seeing a consultant while one-month waits for radiotherapy also reached a new low at 90.5% of patients against a target of 94%. The service failed to meet seven out of eight of its stated cancer targets.

The number of patients waiting more than a year for treatment grew to 387,257 by the end of August, up from 377,689 the month before, equivalent to one in every 18 patients on the waiting list. Eighteen-month waits fell from the high of 123,969 in September 2021 but still affect 50,888.

Under Britain’s socialized medicine, a cancer diagnosis meets a 3-year waitlist

The European systems chugged along for a while, even as medical care got more complicated, only because Americans paid for it by absorbing their defense costs during the Cold War.
---
A cancer-battling granddad has been left flabbergasted after being told he must wait three years for a hospital appointment. Andrew Jones, 61, won't be allowed to attend the medical facility until it's almost time for the next World Cup in North America.
---
His confirmation arrived days after a 16-year-old boy was told he wouldn't been seen for 950-days for his “urgent” NHS appointment for a urology-related problem.
----
The same article says that the NHS has 6 million people waiting for surgeries for non-life-threatening issues—or 9% of the United Kingdom’s population. If that 6 million number refers only to England’s NHS (as opposed to Scotland’s or Wale’s), then 10.6% of the population is on a healthcare waitlist.
----

In a real marketplace, the customer would be seeking the best quality for the lowest fees while the provider would be trying to maximize profit, control costs, and provide quality care. These concerns, plus genuine marketplace competition, would see price-conscience shopping and innovation.

[/URL]
Depends on the type of op. Those waiting times are not for the life threatening ops. A mate was scanned, cancer tumours on liver etc.., 3 weeks later, 8 hour op. His bill £0.00. If he lived in the US, either dead because he couldn't afford healthcare, or bankrupt after the op.

Like I said, go on YouTube and find out what your buddies think. Hang on, I will look for you because I don't think you have the brain capacity to use YouTube

Lol, you fucking mong. You can pay for any treatment, at any stage you want here. Take out a BUPA plan if you want.

I needed an MRI scan on my back, 3 months waiting list. I said I can pay. £500 later, I had the scan the next day and the consultants report 2 days after that. You need to gen up on UK healthcare, me thinks you haven't a fucking clue WHAT-SO-EVER Trevor. And after paying £500, it was still hundreds of times cheaper and quicker than the Yank system. How much for an MRI Scan in the *cough* Land of the Free (if you can get healthcare)

Did you know that the massive taxes we pay towards healthcare per month is on average half what you guys pay in healthcare premiums per month.

Do you want to have a rethink, do some actual research, and then get back to me? I will school you on healthcare in an appropriate thread if you wish.

Labour tried PFI into the NHS under Blair and it simply mortgaged healthcare on the current generation.

Maybe. However we actually GET care. Most of the time you have to wait ages to get even an ambulance to show up. Also health emergency outcomes are better in the USA than in the UK, and the NHS has been investigated for failures so many times it is now a joke.

Lol, you fucking mong. You can pay for any treatment, at any stage you want here. Take out a BUPA plan if you want.

I needed an MRI scan on my back, 3 months waiting list. I said I can pay. £500 later, I had the scan the next day and the consultants report 2 days after that. You need to gen up on UK healthcare, me thinks you haven't a fucking clue WHAT-SO-EVER Trevor. And after paying £500, it was still hundreds of times cheaper and quicker than the Yank system. How much for an MRI Scan in the *cough* Land of the Free (if you can get healthcare)

No it isn't. My MRI cost 350 bucks, and I was able to do it THAT day. Though I did have to wait a week for the results.

Here
No it isn't. My MRI cost 350 bucks, and I was able to do it THAT day. Though I did have to wait a week for the results.
Here's a doctor on about costs -

How much is birth in the US? I have two lads, the bill was £0.00. would that cost $82,000 in the State's?

Me too......went to the Dr.s office for an issue, sent me right over to the lab and had the MRI within the time it took to drive 5 minutes down the street to the lab..........

Here

Here's a doctor on about costs -

What part of the waiting lists for older people do you not understand? What part of paying huge taxes your whole life, to then be denied medical attention for months, or in the linked case, years do you not understand?

Having "socialized medicine," that doesn't actually treat you is not having medical care....

Depends on the type of op. Those waiting times are not for the life threatening ops. A mate was scanned, cancer tumours on liver etc.., 3 weeks later, 8 hour op. His bill £0.00. If he lived in the US, either dead because he couldn't afford healthcare, or bankrupt after the op.

Like I said, go on YouTube and find out what your buddies think. Hang on, I will look for you because I don't think you have the brain capacity to use YouTube

Cancer? Waiting 3 years for a hospital appointment? Really?

Maybe. However we actually GET care. Most of the time you have to wait ages to get even an ambulance to show up. Also health emergency outcomes are better in the USA than in the UK, and the NHS has been investigated for failures so many times it is now a joke.
Again, another fairly tale. It all boils down to what the procedure/illness is. Something routine can wait a while, because as more urgent procedures appear, the no urgent stuff gets delayed. But again, speed things up by paying for bits, and it's cheap as chips, unlike America.

What's it called when you have pay thousands because your expensive Obama policy only covers a fraction of it? Deductibles or something? That's alien to us in the UK because it's free.

Again, another fairly tale. It all boils down to what the procedure/illness is. Something routine can wait a while, because as more urgent procedures appear, the no urgent stuff gets delayed. But again, speed things up by paying for bits, and it's cheap as chips, unlike America.

What's it called when you have pay thousands because your expensive Obama policy only covers a fraction of it? Deductibles or something? That's alien to us in the UK because it's free.

And you just pointed out why obamacare is the way it is......obamacare is meant to destroy the private health insurance industry......

What part of the waiting lists for older people do you not understand? What part of paying huge taxes your whole life, to then be denied medical attention for months, or in the linked case, years do you not understand?

Having "socialized medicine," that doesn't actually treat you is not having medical care....
Here's the tax per country -

List of sovereign states by tax revenue to GDP ratio - Wikipedia

So the UK is 33.3% v GDP and the US is 27.1% v GDP. Then on top of that, Americans have to pay on average $1,000+ per month healthcare premiums. Of the tax paid in the UK, they reckon £500 each per month goes to the NHS. Like me, if you pay little to no employment tax per company tax rules, the tax I patly is via sales tax. No $1,000 per month off me for healthcare.

Try to spin it whichever way you want, Americans in the UK think the USA is backwards on healthcare, The land of the Sick.

And you just pointed out why obamacare is the way it is......obamacare is meant to destroy the private health insurance industry......
And it's done it so well, and the stupid Democrats blocked Trump in sorting it out.

If the NHS was crap v the US system, I would say it's crap. I don't watch TV, I watch YouTube. The likes of Amanda Rae, an American living in the UK for some 10 years can't, like many, believe why the US doesn't have a UK health system. So I have to go with their evidence.

If Americans living here said the NHS is crap compared to America's, I would take that on board and be disappointed. But I'm not.

If you're brought up in pay-as-you-go healthcare, you support it. If you're brought up in an NHS environment, you support it.

Here's the tax per country -

List of sovereign states by tax revenue to GDP ratio - Wikipedia

So the UK is 33.3% v GDP and the US is 27.1% v GDP. Then on top of that, Americans have to pay on average $1,000+ per month healthcare premiums. Of the tax paid in the UK, they reckon £500 each per month goes to the NHS. Like me, if you pay little to no employment tax per company tax rules, the tax I patly is via sales tax. No $1,000 per month off me for healthcare.

Try to spin it whichever way you want, Americans in the UK think the USA is backwards on healthcare, The land of the Sick.

And again....when you turn 55, you get put on waiting lists after paying taxes all those years.......

And we could have better healthcare if more of it was privatized.........everyone has a cell phone because the government doesn't control access to cell phones......dittos every other product people want...only in education and healthcare does the government and the left destroy our ability to have better quality.
Well said

Forum List

Back