Anti Gun nuts eye disrupting NRA convention

Really? Sigh...

There are many conditions an individual must meet to own a firearm. I believe the current requirements are a good compromise that protect our rights guaranteed by the Constitution.

Many gun nuts disagree with you. The NRA disagrees with you. They want to remove every restriction possible.

Yeah...no...please link to the NRA policy of removing every restriction....we would like to see that.....genius. You guys sure are obsessed with the NRA.....and it all has to do with their blocking your attempts to end the 2nd Amendment...that really fries your asses...doesn't it...?

Don't read too good, do you goober? I said every one possible. No, I don't see them trying to legalize fully auto guns, yet.

They already are, you just need a class 3 FFL. Not too many people can afford the ammo just to play with a full auto though, plus buying them is expensive as well.
You can modify an AR15 for about 50 bucks and build the parts yourself on your back porch.

And you can build a bomb with a pressure cooker. But until you do, it is still just a kitchen appliance. The AR is legal to own as a semi-auto.

Exactly how the 2nd amendment intended.

You know there was no age limit put on that constitutional right, don't you?

I've been around gun and ammo all my life, was taught to shoot and gun safety form the time I was big enough to hold a gun. The thought never crossed my mind to misuse them even though I knew where they were and no they weren't locked up.

Are you willing to say every other gun owner has your training and does the same?

Nope, besides civilian training I also have more than 20 years military training. Every smart parent will teach their children firearms safety whether they have firearms in the home or not. That would include taking them to a range and letting them see the power and destructive capability first hand. It's not a one time thing, it has to be enforced over time. I honestly think it should be required in every school.

To give you an idea of how much the public mindset has changed just in my life time. Just before Christmas in 1962, I walked to our local Western Auto Store and bought my dads Christmas gift. I paid cash for a new 20ga shotgun and a box of shells and openly carried it back to our home, keeping the mussel pointed in a safe direction at all times of course and no one said a word. I was 11 years old at the time.

Big deal. I kept a .22 on my gun rack in the school parking lot all through high school. It's great that you are competent with guns, but do you think some guy who never owned a gun before and all he knows about it is what the salesman told him, and what he learned about it in a four hour class is as competent and safe as you are? Give me a break. I would think someone as experienced as you would see how dangerous it is to put all those guns in the hands of all those idiots, and tell them to carry it everywhere.

So we should restrict everyone's gun ownership because some idiot MIGHT do something stupid?

Laws don't stop anything except for those that obey them. That's why I carry, you never know when you may run into one of those bad guys or girls. BTW didn't you just point out how easy it is to break the law if a person choses to?

So why don't bad guys all have fully auto guns? You know they would want them.

I don't pretend to know what bad guys are thinking, you just said they could have them if they wanted for an extra 50 bucks. Maybe they don't understand the concept of tools either.

That's not it. The law stops them from getting fully automatic guns. You will never admit it, but we both know that's true.
actually the law does NOT stop people from getting automatic weapons

you might want to take the time to learn what you're talking about

Then what does?

people can and do own automatic weapons

you believe every person who hasn't been convicted of a crime should be able to be armed at all times, right?

The fact is ... every person who hasn't been convicted of a crime has the RIGHT to be armed. Why is that so difficult to comprehend or accept?
Should mentally ill people be allowed to play with guns? How about terror suspects?

who decides if a person is mentally ill?
and just because a person is on some government list does not mean they are a terrorist or have committed any crime

I've been around gun and ammo all my life, was taught to shoot and gun safety form the time I was big enough to hold a gun. The thought never crossed my mind to misuse them even though I knew where they were and no they weren't locked up.

Are you willing to say every other gun owner has your training and does the same?

Nope, besides civilian training I also have more than 20 years military training. Every smart parent will teach their children firearms safety whether they have firearms in the home or not. That would include taking them to a range and letting them see the power and destructive capability first hand. It's not a one time thing, it has to be enforced over time. I honestly think it should be required in every school.

To give you an idea of how much the public mindset has changed just in my life time. Just before Christmas in 1962, I walked to our local Western Auto Store and bought my dads Christmas gift. I paid cash for a new 20ga shotgun and a box of shells and openly carried it back to our home, keeping the mussel pointed in a safe direction at all times of course and no one said a word. I was 11 years old at the time.

Big deal. I kept a .22 on my gun rack in the school parking lot all through high school. It's great that you are competent with guns, but do you think some guy who never owned a gun before and all he knows about it is what the salesman told him, and what he learned about it in a four hour class is as competent and safe as you are? Give me a break. I would think someone as experienced as you would see how dangerous it is to put all those guns in the hands of all those idiots, and tell them to carry it everywhere.

So we should restrict everyone's gun ownership because some idiot MIGHT do something stupid?
that's their argument

so if we take this same argument and apply it to other things I could argue that all parents might abuse their kids so all kids should be made wards of the state and all parents should be investigated

tumblr_ogvvibMfTy1tp0mqvo1_500.gif
NRA All The Way
news flash

everybody dies

you believe every person who hasn't been convicted of a crime should be able to be armed at all times, right?

The fact is ... every person who hasn't been convicted of a crime has the RIGHT to be armed. Why is that so difficult to comprehend or accept?
Should mentally ill people be allowed to play with guns? How about terror suspects?

who decides if a person is mentally ill?
and just because a person is on some government list does not mean they are a terrorist or have committed any crime

You have only to look at the No Fly lists to see the truth of this.

The NRA is the only charitable organization I contribute to. The reason is that they are the only one that actually produces results. Giving to the NRA is a wise investment for gun owners. If they weren't so effective, the left wouldn't concentrate so much if their hatred on them.

Like I said, I don't understand why anyone would want to, I don't know a gun owner that does. You can't accurately shoot on full auto. I don't understand why you're so hung up on this, how many local news stories involve full auto engagements?

Very few. The law prevents people from having them. I guess that means you think all the crooks have them, cause a law won't stop bad guys from getting fully auto if they want it.

Laws don't stop anything except for those that obey them. That's why I carry, you never know when you may run into one of those bad guys or girls. BTW didn't you just point out how easy it is to break the law if a person choses to?

I don't pretend to know what bad guys are thinking, you just said they could have them if they wanted for an extra 50 bucks. Maybe they don't understand the concept of tools either.

That's not it. The law stops them from getting fully automatic guns. You will never admit it, but we both know that's true.

Is it easy and cheap to do a conversion on you back porch or not? You can't seem to make up your freaking mind.

Very few. The law prevents people from having them. I guess that means you think all the crooks have them, cause a law won't stop bad guys from getting fully auto if they want it.

Is it easy and cheap to do a conversion on you back porch or not? You can't seem to make up your freaking mind.

I have no idea. I have been a gun owner since the late 70s, and have honestly never done any research on how to turn a semi-auto into a full-auto. Never saw the point.

I have no idea. I have been a gun owner since the late 70s, and have honestly never done any research on how to turn a semi-auto into a full-auto. Never saw the point.

That wasn't directed to you.

That wasn't directed to you.

I know. But I thought my comment a valid response on the topic.

Well, sure, until they have demonstrated the ability to carry one safely. I have the constitutional right to own an 18 wheeler, but you wouldn't want to cut me loose hauling a load of anhydrous ammonia. Don't give me that shit about driving being a privilege, and guns being a right.. When my safety is in danger, your rights lose.

actually the law does NOT stop people from getting automatic weapons

you might want to take the time to learn what you're talking about

Then what does?

people can and do own automatic weapons

Yes. A very tiny percentage do. So? What keeps bad guys from all having fully automatic weapons?

Laws don't stop anything except for those that obey them. That's why I carry, you never know when you may run into one of those bad guys or girls. BTW didn't you just point out how easy it is to break the law if a dn person choses to?

as are thinking, you just said they could have them if they wanted for an extra 50 bucks. Maybe they don't understand the concept of tools either.

Of course it is. I never said differently
Even you could build one of these with a grinder, a drill
gallery_1_195_42417.jpg

Forum List

Back