Anti-BDS Laws

1651414613844.png

I have never seen anything that says you cant criticize jews,, and let me tell you there is a lot of people doing it everyday,,
Nothing says that you can't criticize jews.
But every politician, celebrity, media figure knows, that saying anything even the least bit remotely critical of the jews is a career ending move.
You'll be blasted as anti-semitic, probably lose your job, and be ostracized as a jew hating nazi.

But every politician, celebrity, media figure knows, that saying anything even the least bit remotely critical of the jews is a career ending move.
You'll be blasted as anti-semitic, probably lose your job, and be ostracized as a jew hating nazi.
theres a whole grope of them currently doing it and none of them have been kicked out or had their career ended,,

Well I see anti BDS laws as an assault on your right of freedom of political thought. They are totally against Democracy. But basically I do not see them about ' the Jew'. I see them as an attempt to make people put Israel above criticism. The problem here is that rather than the situation being seen for what it is - political differences, Israel has managed to get that very activity called antisemitism. They tried to do it in the UK but our courts would have none of it and then there was Corbyn who did not tell them the truth which was that far from what they thought, antisemitism had gone down in the Labour Party while he was Leader. They forced him to go for the IHRA. Our intellectuals had already thrown in the bin a similar one which was called the EU working definition on Antisemitism. They threw it in the bin because it stopped them being able to have the free speech intellectuals need. So that was in the bin and our courts would not say that having a negative view of Israel was antisemetic so they came up with the IHRA which itself can be used to say any criticism of Israel is antisemetic and Corbyn went and accepted it. By this all Palestinians are antisemetic. Even the guy who wrote it has been appalled at how it has been misused. So that is the response to BDS and any other criticism of Israel. Sometimes of course it may be done because of antisemitism but that is becoming less as the far right are identifying with Israel - but not the old White Supremacists. They still hate anything 'the Jew' does.

I have removed the second bit I wrote. I may PM you about it sometime but it does not feel right to put it now.

Last edited:
Well I see anti BDS laws as an assault on your right of freedom of political thought. They are totally against Democracy. But basically I do not see them about ' the Jew'. I see them as an attempt to make people put Israel above criticism. The problem here is that rather than the situation being seen for what it is - political differences, Israel has managed to get that very activity called antisemitism. They tried to do it in the UK but our courts would have none of it and then there was Corbyn who did not tell them the truth which was that far from what they thought, antisemitism had gone down in the Labour Party while he was Leader. They forced him to go for the IHRA. Our intellectuals had already thrown in the bin a similar one which was called the EU working definition on Antisemitism. They threw it in the bin because it stopped them being able to have the free speech intellectuals need. So that was in the bin and our courts would not say that having a negative view of Israel was antisemetic so they came up with the IHRA which itself can be used to say any criticism of Israel is antisemetic and Corbyn went and accepted it. By this all Palestinians are antisemetic. Even the guy who wrote it has been appalled at how it has been misused. So that is the response to BDS and any other criticism of Israel. Sometimes of course it may be done because of antisemitism but that is becoming less as the far right are identifying with Israel - but not the old White Supremacists. They still hate anything 'the Jew' does.

I have removed the second bit I wrote. I may PM you about it sometime but it does not feel right to put it now.
You can't read. The antiBDS laws have nothing to do with thought. They say that any business that joins the BDS movement cannot do business with their state. The state can buy from anyone they choose.

France's courts say that BDS is a perfectly legal activity which showed no signs of antisemitism and that Macron had no right to ban it

The court upheld the right to call for a boycott of Israeli goods and found the government’s accusations of “anti-Semitism” against the two groups to be unfounded.

In February, on Macron’s instructions, interior minister Gérald Darmanin ordered the dissolution of Collectif Palestine Vaincra (Palestine Will Win Collective) and Comité Palestine Action (Palestine Action Committee).

The government accused the two groups of inciting hatred and violence in relation to Israel.

In a summary of its rulings, the Conseil d’Etat said it suspended the government orders after finding no evidence “that the positions taken by these groups, although clear-cut and even virulent, constitute a call for discrimination, hatred or violence or a provocation to commit acts of terrorism.”

With respect to Comité Palestine Action, the court ruled that the government’s order was “a serious and manifestly illegal violation of the freedom of association and freedom of expression.”

France's courts say that BDS is a perfectly legal activity which showed no signs of antisemitism and that Macron had no right to ban it

ROTFL! It does not matter what France says. Numerous US states have acted, not to ban bds, but to refuse the right to do business with the state if they support BDS. France has no right to tell the states who to do business with. The states will award contracts to the people they like. get it?

Forum List

Back