Antarctica hits 63.5°F as Mitch McConnell promises to sabotage...

The entire world is getting hotter. The jet stream dips down and the east coast gets hit with a lot of snow. Snow that only happens because the planet heating up creates enormous amounts of water vapor. So to Republicans, that means climate change is a hoax. Pity they don't know enough to be embarrassed.

good one stupid; i missed the part where you proved men caused it

pity YOU dont know when to be embaarrased
I just explained the effects. Too bad you don't know the difference between cause and effect. Course with all that knowledge gained from GOP "science", it really shouldn't be a surprise.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Derpy, you are the poster child for cultists tossing virgins into volcanoes to appease the Gods. True story!

Why don't you stop the childish insults, Mr. Moderator and do your job - like hand out warnings to those who tell others inappropriately to kill themselves on this very thread? Or are you just waiting for someone to actually do the dirty deed and their family sues the forum?

Because telling something to do what they advocate for everyone else isn't a violation silly person. I can hurl childish insults back at you any time I like so long as I am posting as a member. I get paid so well to moderate you folks that one of the perks is I get to post for free!:dance:

The entire world is getting hotter. The jet stream dips down and the east coast gets hit with a lot of snow. Snow that only happens because the planet heating up creates enormous amounts of water vapor. So to Republicans, that means climate change is a hoax. Pity they don't know enough to be embarrassed.

And there is not one shred of empirical data to support that statement. Not one. There are computer modeled data sets that say the temp rose by .01 degrees C, but the error bars are .10 degrees C. Now, derpy, you claim to "do" science. What does that mean?
Fuck computer models nitwit. They can go out and take actual temperatures.

And there is not one shred of empirical data to support that statement. Not one. There are computer modeled data sets that say the temp rose by .01 degrees C, but the error bars are .10 degrees C. Now, derpy, you claim to "do" science. What does that mean?
Fuck computer models nitwit. They can go out and take actual temperatures.

Only, they didn't derpy. That's the point you ignorant twerp. Do try and keep up.

Unlike the Enviroment folder, the Politics folder is a zone 2 forum. Therefore, content-free insults are against the rules, no matter who posts them. Just because the rule isn't enforced often doesn't mean it's not a rule.

Getting back to the topic that all the deniers are trying so hard to deflect from, the new temperature measurement may not be a record high Antarctic temperature simply because the definition of Antarctica is fuzzy. There are various islands in the far southern oceans, such as South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands (SGSSI), that are generally considered to be part of Antarctica geographically, and which have seen higher temperatures.

Here's some math for you warmers, it would take over 200,000 of the largest hydrogen bombs every built just to lower the temperature of Antarctica ice 1 degree, just relax.

New widget counts global warming happening at 4 Hiroshima atomic bombs per second Dana Nuccitelli Environment The Guardian
---
Global warming is accumulating in the Earth's climate system at a rate equivalent to about 4 Hiroshima atomic bomb detonations, 2 Hurricane Sandys, or 4 magnitude 6.0 earthquakes per second.
---

I won't say do the math, being that any math is beyond the capability of most deniers.

Here's some math for you warmers, it would take over 200,000 of the largest hydrogen bombs every built just to lower the temperature of Antarctica ice 1 degree, just relax.

New widget counts global warming happening at 4 Hiroshima atomic bombs per second Dana Nuccitelli Environment The Guardian
---
Global warming is accumulating in the Earth's climate system at a rate equivalent to about 4 Hiroshima atomic bomb detonations, 2 Hurricane Sandys, or 4 magnitude 6.0 earthquakes per second.
---

I won't say do the math, being that any math is beyond the capability of most deniers.

Based on the track record of the whiners it is clearly beyond their ability. That's for sure. How many papers has Steve shredded for you all?

Steve who?

Remember, people outside of your conspiracy cult haven't memorized all of your conspiracy mantras, so you've got to be more specific when invoking one of your lesser-known conspiracies.

Steve who?

Remember, people outside of your conspiracy cult haven't memorized all of your conspiracy mantras, so you've got to be more specific when invoking one of your lesser-known conspiracies.

Ahhh c'mon admiral. McIntyre. You know, the guy who keeps getting you hero's peer reviewed papers pulled because they suck at math so bad.

---
---

OMG everybody is gonna die!! lol you warmers are a funny bunch.

I just explained the effects. Too bad you don't know the difference between cause and effect. Course with all that knowledge gained from GOP "science", it really shouldn't be a surprise.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Derpy, you are the poster child for cultists tossing virgins into volcanoes to appease the Gods. True story!

Why don't you stop the childish insults, Mr. Moderator and do your job - like hand out warnings to those who tell others inappropriately to kill themselves on this very thread? Or are you just waiting for someone to actually do the dirty deed and their family sues the forum?

Because telling something to do what they advocate for everyone else isn't a violation silly person. I can hurl childish insults back at you any time I like so long as I am posting as a member. I get paid so well to moderate you folks that one of the perks is I get to post for free!:dance:

Well gee, ain't that nice? I get to post for free, and I ain't even a moderator. Do your job before someone hurts themselves, and you get blamed.

Well gee, ain't that nice? I get to post for free, and I ain't even a moderator. Do your job before someone hurts themselves, and you get blamed.

How many socks do you run dude? Do you ever think you're really talking to someone else? Are you ever going to address the fact that the hysteria is based on a record less than 40 years old? Are you ever going to address the very real fact that vessels were able to travel 200 miles further south in the 1830's than is possible today? Facts little man, facts. You're remarkably short of them.

How many socks do you run dude?

I run two, since I only have two feet. How many feet do you run? You're not a quadruped, are you?

Do you ever think you're really talking to someone else?

I don't know. Are you telling me that you are not a real person? Because that I could believe.

Are you ever going to address the fact that the hysteria is based on a record less than 40 years old? Are you ever going to address the very real fact that vessels were able to travel 200 miles further south in the 1830's than is possible today? Facts little man, facts. You're remarkably short of them.[/QUOTE]

Westwall, trying to change the conversation, I see. Well, dude, someone here told someone else they should kill themselves. Are you going to do something about that or should I be talking to your supervisor?

Steve who?

Ahhh c'mon admiral. McIntyre. You know, the guy who keeps getting you hero's peer reviewed papers pulled because they suck at math so bad.

McInTyre is a tool. He published some statistical results that, after review, made no difference whatsoever in the results he was criticizing. But that hasn't stopped you minions of stupidity from citing it every time you get a chance, has it?

Oh, that Steve. The one nobody pays any attention to. At least nobody outside of the CultOfMcIntyre, that is.

Since nearly the entirety of the CultOfMcIntyre has now gathered in this forum, I'm sure we'll keep seeing more of this preaching to the choir about DearLeaderSteve's Glorious Victories Against The Bourgeois Oppressors.

Antarctica hits 63.5°F as Mitch McConnell promises to sabotage global climate pact
byPakalolo Follow
Apr 02, 2015

Scientists have measured what is likely the highest temperature ever on Antarctica: 63.5 degrees Fahrenheit (17.5 Celsius).

<snip>

It's hard to draw much conclusion from a single temperature record, cautions Gavin Schmidt, a climate scientist with NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies in New York City. Last year Antarctica also logged a record cold temperature, he notes.

And what does our Senate Majority leader say to the world about the undeniable climate change that has been observed by 99 % of scientists?

"Considering that two-thirds of the U.S. federal government hasn't even signed off on the Clean Power Plan and 13 states have already pledged to fight it, our international partners should proceed with caution before entering into a binding, unattainable deal."

I don't think Mitch understands - the Earth is warming, if humans don't take action to correct the parts that are correctable, Lonesome George won't be the only turltle without a job.
I think he might understand but he's an extraction-industry puppet :up: bought-and-paid-for.

Wouldn't it be great for anartica to become warm enough to colonize, grow crops, and have a tolerable climate like the other six continents. Why is it that no one ever weighs the positive effects of a warmer world?

Wouldn't it be great for anartica to become warm enough to colonize, grow crops, and have a tolerable climate like the other six continents. Why is it that no one ever weighs the positive effects of a warmer world?

Growing crops there would be problematic due to the very, very short window where there is enough sunlight, and the fact that the glaciers have stripped the land of any soil it might have had.

Growing crops there would be problematic due to the very, very short window where there is enough sunlight, and the fact that the glaciers have stripped the land of any soil it might have had.
Thanks for proving my point by focusing on the negative. Apparently a warmer planet means doom!

Oh, that Steve. The one nobody pays any attention to. At least nobody outside of the CultOfMcIntyre, that is.

Since nearly the entirety of the CultOfMcIntyre has now gathered in this forum, I'm sure we'll keep seeing more of this preaching to the choir about DearLeaderSteve's Glorious Victories Against The Bourgeois Oppressors.

Nobody?:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Seems quite a few have been forced to admit he is correct....
tol_gergis_capture.png

Forum List

Back