Antarctica 70 degrees above normal

JLW

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2012
The coldest location on the planet has experienced an episode of warm weather this week unlike any ever observed, with temperatures over the eastern Antarctic ice sheet soaring 50 to 90 degrees above normal. The warmth has smashed records and shocked scientists.

This event is completely unprecedented and upended our expectations about the Antarctic climate system,” said Jonathan Wille, a researcher studying polar meteorology at Université Grenoble Alpes in France, in an email…..

Parts of eastern Antarctica have seen temperatures hover 70 degrees (40 Celsius) above normal for three days and counting, Wille said. He likened the event to the June heat wave in the Pacific Northwest, which scientists concluded would have been “virtually impossible” without human-caused climate change.

1647690744627.jpeg

Deniers will say there is nothing to see here. Just more evidence on a mountain of evidence of man’s impact on climate.

Last edited:
There is actually a map from many thousands of years ago that shows the land of Antarctica. Wonder how that was drawn if the ice and snow have always covered it. We have had glaciers covering areas like New York state. Who was running their SUVs to make them recede? Millions of years ago earth was supposed to have been one giant snowball. We have ice cores from millions of years ago and they all show that CO2 rose hundreds of years after a warming event. They do not show that CO2 rose before warming.
But the worlds most eminent scientist Al Gore has proclaimed that we have man made global warming. He is so confident in his scientific analysis that he has a mansion on a coast that has been predicted to have already been underwater. It was so bad he even flew around the world giving lectures in his private jet.

The coldest location on the planet has experienced an episode of warm weather this week unlike any ever observed, with temperatures over the eastern Antarctic ice sheet soaring 50 to 90 degrees above normal. The warmth has smashed records and shocked scientists.

This event is completely unprecedented and upended our expectations about the Antarctic climate system,” said Jonathan Wille, a researcher studying polar meteorology at Université Grenoble Alpes in France, in an email…..

Parts of eastern Antarctica have seen temperatures hover 70 degrees (40 Celsius) above normal for three days and counting, Wille said. He likened the event to the June heat wave in the Pacific Northwest, which scientists concluded would have been “virtually impossible” without human-caused climate change.

View attachment 618124

Deniers will say there is nothing to see here. Just more evidence on a mountain of evidence of man’s impact on climate.

What's your point?

That this is "proof" that people aren't buying enough carbon credits to satisfy Mother Earth?

Even if we accept the idea that this is "bad", man is unable to change the weather anyhow.

Buying every carbon credit out there, and burning every SUV on the planet won't cause freezing temperaturess.

What's your point?

That this is "proof" that people aren't buying enough carbon credits to satisfy Mother Earth?

Even if we accept the idea that this is "bad", man is unable to change the weather anyhow.

Buying every carbon credit out there, and burning every SUV on the planet won't cause freezing temperaturess.
As soon as they came out with "carbon credits" anyone with two brain cells to rub together to create a spark should have known it was all a hoax designed to fleece us all.

Looks like everything is back to normal.

Fair
-23°F
-31°C
Humidity73%
Wind SpeedSW 7 mph
Barometer30.03 in (1017.3 mb)
Dewpoint-29°F (-34°C)
Visibility10.00 my
Wind Chill-41°F (-41)
Last update19 Mar 3:53 am AKDT

Igloolik, Nunavut

CURRENT WEATHER​

8:38 AM
-29°C
Hazy sunshine
RealFeel® -43°
Very Dangerous Cold
RealFeel Shade™ -43°

View attachment 618124

there was massive sunspot activity last week, more than ever seen before. The sun controls Earth's climate, not human beings.

As soon as they came out with "carbon credits" anyone with two brain cells to rub together to create a spark should have known it was all a hoax designed to fleece us all.

What I thought was amusing about carbon credits, was that the biggest proponent of them- Al Gore- was also the biggest seller of them. The former Vice President became a virtual billionaire hawking them.

They always avoid this question.
What exactly is Earth's ideal climate?

Ice world?
Tropical?
Current? Since we stupidly built mega cities in flood prone areas?

View attachment 618124

Do you wake in the middle of the night worrying about this shit? Good Lord!

View attachment 618124

Glad all my driving is paying off SOMEWHERE.

All I want is to make SE Michigan average 60 degree high in the winter. Then I can die happy

Glad all my driving is paying off SOMEWHERE.

All I want is to make SE Michigan average 60 degree high in the winter. Then I can die happy
Not this yr, But I played so much Winter golf last few yrs I hope the GD planet fries with this mild temps

Now I'm going to let my 65 Chevy with real bad piston rings idle a few hrs

View attachment 618124

That would explain the finding of tropical growth in the deep ice cores from that continent. Finally we are getting back to a normal climate and out of the ice age. Can't come soon enough.... I will personally make sure that my carbon foot print is EXTRA HUGE so that I can speed up that glorious process. Now if you will excuse me I have to feed baked beans to my cattle today.

JO

Forum List

Back