Antarctica 70 degrees above normal

It is a bit odd, I might undstand worrying about the very real possibility of a nuke exchange but the "climate change" hoax....You have to either have a vested interest in it or be some kind of a rube to worry about that.
If it is really true, NASA already said we're at the point of no return. With India and China doing nothing, it is a sure bet

Don't think OP is like that. But that is really something else that temp swing. Sure it has happened before. I don't think they started keeping temp records there until after 1930

The coldest location on the planet has experienced an episode of warm weather this week unlike any ever observed, with temperatures over the eastern Antarctic ice sheet soaring 50 to 90 degrees above normal. The warmth has smashed records and shocked scientists.

This event is completely unprecedented and upended our expectations about the Antarctic climate system,” said Jonathan Wille, a researcher studying polar meteorology at Université Grenoble Alpes in France, in an email…..

Parts of eastern Antarctica have seen temperatures hover 70 degrees (40 Celsius) above normal for three days and counting, Wille said. He likened the event to the June heat wave in the Pacific Northwest, which scientists concluded would have been “virtually impossible” without human-caused climate change.

View attachment 618124

Deniers will say there is nothing to see here. Just more evidence on a mountain of evidence of man’s impact on climate.
It's called weather, dumbass.

You Global Warming Doomsday Cult dupes have presented no evidence that this weather pattern has anything to do with human activity.

That would explain the finding of tropical growth in the deep ice cores from that continent. Finally we are getting back to a normal climate and out of the ice age. Can't come soon enough.... I will personally make sure that my carbon foot print is EXTRA HUGE so that I can speed up that glorious process. Now if you will excuse me I have to feed baked beans to my cattle today.

JO
Thank you for doing your part

How far back do we average Antarctica temperatures? Fifty years, a hundred years? Seventy five years ago it was "normal" to see hundreds of thousands of tons of hazardous material sunk every day during WW2. Now it's percolating from rotting hulks. Blame the "greatest generation" for whatever pollution you think is causing weather change and leave us alone.

So what are you saying? Do they have ice that melts below freezing in Antarctica?....Is it magic ice or did they just stick that Antarctica sea ice shrinking link in there hoping nobody would notice and think it was part of the article?
Haha, what a bunch of incoherent babble.

That would explain the finding of tropical growth in the deep ice cores from that continent. Finally we are getting back to a normal climate and out of the ice age.
Uh, no.

The air bubbles and other finds in the ice cores demonstrate periods of warming that arose over 100+ year periods where the atmospheric CO2 jumped 10 ppm.

We increase the atmospheric CO2 that much every 5 years or so.

These ice cores highlight the dire problem of AGW and our rapid increase of atmospheric CO2 via our emissions.

As soon as they came out with "carbon credits" anyone with two brain cells to rub together to create a spark should have known it was all a hoax designed to fleece us all.
The events just from the last few years proves humans can be and are taken by governments and special interests. To many people buy into this. Just the inflation and increases in gasoline and energy for homes and apartments is proof enough. Morons.

The events just from the last few years proves humans can be and are taken by governments and special interests. To many people buy into this. Just the inflation and increases in gasoline and energy for homes and apartments is proof enough. Morons.
Is this vapid psychobabble supposed to justify something?

View attachment 618124

Deniers will say there is nothing to see here. Just more evidence on a mountain of evidence of man’s impact on climate.

A1357275.jpg

Forum List

Back