Could This Be Number 42????

I have four cords of wood stacked and ready to go. Here on the great divide the wind is blowing constantly. we have our food stores as well. The hybrid solar array, battery storage, and wind turbines are lubricated and read for winter already. Just finished the battery health check today.

Next week its pipes and drains. I won't close off the crawl space until it starts to get cold enough to freeze. I installed closable vents that are insulated.

It looks like I will be ready. I fully expect snow at 5,000 feet by Oct 1. Where I live its 5490 feet above sea level.

Yeah, we are above 6,000 so we always get snow first.

Nor does it really matter.

Climate change is a game of "CHANGE", not just magnitude of change. It's not like we think there's a perfect climate for the earth, there isn't. But OUR SOCIETY has developed over the last 14,000 years or so in a relatively stable suite of climate conditions. When that changes it means we are threatened.

EVEN IF IT DOESN'T GET AS HOT AS IT'S EVER BEEN ON EARTH. In fact it probably won't! But it WILL negatively impact us and our economies and societies.

Couple that with our KNOWN ability to decimate entire ecosystems and you see a bigger problem.

EVEN IF IT DOESN'T GET AS HOT AS IT'S EVER BEEN ON EARTH.

There is no support for your claim. The facts are that the last 8,000 years has seen wide swings of temperatures globally. Mankind does well when it is warm, and doesn't do as good when it is cold.

That's a great list! Made up mostly of fringe and not-really-scientific consensus stuff, but a great list nonetheless!

You DO realize that even in the 1970's more peer reviewed science predicted warming than cooling, right?

Where you got the bizarro "blue steam" thing is anyone's guess! LOL.

Peak oil? That's a topic that has come and gone and come and gone. One thing for sure is that there WILL come a day when we hit peak oil. We may not know it, but it's a limited resource pretty much by definition.

The arctic multiyear ice amount IS decreasing. Not sure what you think will happen in the long term with that trajectory but you will probably be surprised.

I also love how you think Al Gore is a climate scientist! Hilarious! It's funny when people like you think you can identify a climate scientist and all you can ever belch out is "Al Gore". Trust me, no one thinks Al Gore is a climate scientist except YOU folks.

Peak oil was a propaganda tool in the mid 1950s to let the US import more foreign oil.

There is no support for your claim. The facts are that the last 8,000 years has seen wide swings of temperatures globally. Mankind does well when it is warm, and doesn't do as good when it is cold.

LOL. I don't much care what you think about anything.

You can check my statement out. It holds.

You simply don't know much about the earth sciences. Sorry!

Remember when we were talking about models and you claimed you didn't use any? Well that's how I know YOU DON'T DO SCIENCE.

LOL.

LOL. I don't much care what you think about anything.

You can check my statement out. It holds.

You simply don't know much about the earth sciences. Sorry!

Remember when we were talking about models and you claimed you didn't use any? Well that's how I know YOU DON'T DO SCIENCE.

LOL.

No, it doesn't. It is yet more mindless drivel from a blithering idiot. The Minoan Warm period was 2 degrees warmer than the present day. Civilization flourished. The Roman Warming period was 2.5 degrees warmer than the present day. Civilization flourished. The Medieval Warming period was 2 degrees warmer than the present day. Civilization flourished. In between those nice warm eras were the Dark Ages and other times where mankind had a tough time.

Do you think oil can never run out? Where do you think oil comes from?

How many times have you peak oilers been wrong now? I count seven times so far.

Who truly knows where oil comes from. The outer planets are loaded with hydrocarbons. Dr. Gold drilled into the middle of a continental kraton and found oil. Where no oil should have been found. So the current theories about the origin of oil while workable, are in no way definitive.

Do you think oil can never run out? Where do you think oil comes from?

I think shallow oil is running out. Zaki Yamani was a family friend. He said famously the stone age didn't end because they ran out of stones.

Oil comes from Ghawar and Manifa and Safaniya and Shayba.

Who truly knows where oil comes from. The outer planets are loaded with hydrocarbons. Dr. Gold drilled into the middle of a continental kraton and found oil. Where no oil should have been found. So the current theories about the origin of oil while workable, are in no way definitive.

Matthew Simmons was an energy broker who hyped the old peak oil scam and got rich in the process.

Matthew Simmons was an energy broker who hyped the old peak oil scam and got rich in the process.

Peak oil has been a "thing" since the 1920's.

IIRC it was Hubbert who first made a big deal out of it. I don't remember the exact year, 1950's though.

I think shallow oil is running out. Zaki Yamani was a family friend. He said famously the stone age didn't end because they ran out of stones.

Oil comes from Ghawar and Manifa and Safaniya and Shayba.

But do you believe oil is an unlimited resource?

You listed 4 fields. NOT where oil actually comes from. I'm curious what you know about oil chemistry.

I'm not necessarily a Peak Oiler but I know enough about oil to know that one day it will be uneconomical to get oil for transportation fuels.

It is a limited resource.

Who truly knows where oil comes from.

Chemically it is mostly algal and bacterial in origin.

The outer planets are loaded with hydrocarbons. Dr. Gold drilled into the middle of a continental kraton and found oil.

Yeah, what Gold found was not really the same thing. The oil we currently drill and use we know pretty much where it came from and why it is limited.

Where no oil should have been found.

IF Gold's stuff was right I believe he thought there was a "deep hot biosphere", but it won't amount to a significant amount. Because we know where oil comes from.

Largely algal and bacterial material.

We find porphyrin biomarkers and pristane/phytane which point DIRECTLY to chlorophyll. We also find plenty of other biomarkers pointing to its origin.

We know how oil is formed, how it migrates and where it migrates to.

So the current theories about the origin of oil while workable, are in no way definitive.

But do you believe oil is an unlimited resource?

You listed 4 fields. NOT where oil actually comes from. I'm curious what you know about oil chemistry.

I'm an oil brat from those oil fields. I don't think we'll run out for 100 years, but it will be more expensive. Dazzle me with your expertise in oil chemistry.

I'm an oil brat from those oil fields. I don't think we'll run out for 100 years, but it will be more expensive. Dazzle me with your expertise in oil chemistry.

You are still talking about locations. I asked a question. If you care to answer it, please do so. Otherwise don't bother me with more quesitons without answering mine.

Thanks.

You are still talking about locations. I asked a question. If you care to answer it, please do so. Otherwise don't bother me with more quesitons without answering mine.

Thanks.

Funny, for a supposed PhD in the Earth Sciences you know surprisingly little. University of Crakcer Jack box?

Funny, for a supposed PhD in the Earth Sciences you know surprisingly little. University of Crakcer Jack box?

Isn't it funny you quoted that post rather than the one in which I discussed the origins and biomarkers.

Needless to say you wouldn't know a porphyrin ring from a life ring.

I'm waiting for YOU to tell us what YOUR background is. I'm guessing "mens room attendant". Maybe assistant crack whore?

Forum List

Back