Another person loses job for something they said while not working

And people wonder why I do not and will never have a twitter account. For reasons I don't get twitter seems to bring the stupid out in people and to levels almost beyond belief.

Yeah....I was just wondering why you don't have a twitter account!

I mean......you never say anything stupid.

No I usually don't nice to see that's not lost on you.

You have to think about what you say.

Of course, the left gave G.L. a pass on this one.

Eva Longoria Says She is Sorry for Offensive Mitt Romney Retweet | Fox News Latino

Let's see Democrat, woman, sexy, Latino what are the odds she would get a pass for posting her somewhat negative to be polite views? Enter Phil Southern, religious, white, conservative what are the odds he wouldn't get the same pass?

Let's see...she didn't even originate the tweet. It was a retweet - in other words, she re-posted what somebody else already tweeted.

False comparison fail.

If you re-post or re-tweet something aren't you agreeing with what was said?
Lack of common sense fail.

Freedom of speech? Nah, we don't do that anymore here.

You're right.

Its been replaced by really stupid rw's who don't know what the First Amendment really says or means.

This is not a First Amendment issue. Neither is the firing of the old homophobe on DD.

If you would read the First Amendment, you would know that.

You have to think about what you say.

Of course, the left gave G.L. a pass on this one.

Eva Longoria Says She is Sorry for Offensive Mitt Romney Retweet | Fox News Latino

Let's see Democrat, woman, sexy, Latino what are the odds she would get a pass for posting her somewhat negative to be polite views? Enter Phil Southern, religious, white, conservative what are the odds he wouldn't get the same pass?

But Romney really was a "racist/misogynistic tw*t", so I'm not seeing what the problem was here.

If the person was trashing their job in a certain way, I may be able to understand why they were booted, but if their words were about a whole other subject, the company could be setting themselves up for a law suit over why the person was dismissed.

God bless you and them always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

It's another contract issue. And another business decision firing her. People get fired all the time for being stupid. Unless they're in politics, then they get promoted.

True, this is a non-issue.

Of course, most conservatives attempt to make an issue of this because those fired are often fired for saying things conservatives agree with.

Business has every right to disassociate itself from employees who say things that by association put the company in a light it does not want.

Business has every right to disassociate itself from employees who say things that by association put the company in a light it does not want.

Very true, whether that is smart or not for A&E, MSNBC, FN or ABC, to dismiss, Duck guy, Bashir, Deen or Maher, that's another discussion.

If the person was trashing their job in a certain way, I may be able to understand why they were booted, but if their words were about a whole other subject, the company could be setting themselves up for a law suit over why the person was dismissed.

Holly

I don't see how this woman has a leg to stand on. She's embarrassed her company on an international scale.

Embarrass your employer ....you get fired

It has always worked like this

Holly

I don't see how this woman has a leg to stand on. She's embarrassed her company on an international scale.
Well, that right there is one of the possible downsides to getting help from another person instead of doing things yourself. If they didn't want to deal with whatever she stands for, they never should have hired. If they can't respect what she does outside of her job, they shouldn't expect any out of her then. To me, all that an employer can really ask for is that their employees do a good job while they are at their job. What the employees do with the rest of their time is sadly out of their employers hands.

God bless you and that lady always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Forum List

Back