Another person loses job for something they said while not working

With IAC everyone is being thrown under the bus at the slightest excuse to protect the CEO from the SEC and its in-house informants.

It's another contract issue. And another business decision firing her. People get fired all the time for being stupid. Unless they're in politics, then they get promoted.

I wouldn't want to have such a stupid person in an executive position in any firm I was responsible for.

And that person was responsible for PR? ??? OMG.

Last edited:
And people wonder why I do not and will never have a twitter account. For reasons I don't get twitter seems to bring the stupid out in people and to levels almost beyond belief.

And people wonder why I do not and will never have a twitter account. For reasons I don't get twitter seems to bring the stupid out in people and to levels almost beyond belief.
Facebook too. Anything on the internet is preserved forever.

I don't twitter or facebook. My company deals with man many people. Twice representatives of some other organization did not want to work with me because they were uncomfortable dealing with someone who chose to be hidden.

We might see the day when a person can't get a job, meet new people or join an organization without being active on social media. It will automatically raise suspicion if no one knows what you are thinking and whether your ideas are approved. Then there will have to be penalties for misrepresenting your opinions.

I do have a facebook account but don't spend that much time on it in fact I just set up because I was bored one day.

I do have a facebook account but don't spend that much time on it in fact I just set up because I was bored one day.

I have a Facebook account and reserve it to put lyrics to songs or a funny quote. All benign and safe.

I don't twitter or facebook. My company deals with man many people. Twice representatives of some other organization did not want to work with me because they were uncomfortable dealing with someone who chose to be hidden.

We might see the day when a person can't get a job, meet new people or join an organization without being active on social media. It will automatically raise suspicion if no one knows what you are thinking and whether your ideas are approved. Then there will have to be penalties for misrepresenting your opinions.

I always wonder if those who actually think they would fish out somebody's REAL views from the social media ever have read Orwell? And if they did do they not understand that as much as people think they will get something out there they tend to forget that the other side might post what is EXPECTED form them to be posted?

It is the same Third Newton's law.

Which is always widely applied in any situation where censorship of any kind is involved.
High school and college students nowadays know the rule very well.

It''s a deja vu.
For me.
Because I know the rules and have lived through this one time already.

I have a Facebook account and reserve it to put lyrics to songs or a funny quote. All benign and safe.
That's pretty much all I do to along with playing Diamond Dash and mocking Jerry Jones over the Dallas Cowboys.

It's already illegal to post a fake profile. Too many pedophiles posing as teenage boys. A few making up fake profiles specifically for employers to see.

Illegal as declared by whom?

how is it to be determined?

if you post a profile that reflects you as passing all the political talking points censorship bottlenecks and what you think in reality is not reflected at all - who is going to know and determine that?

if at any point in time the necessity to have the "correct" social media profile appears - and that IS censorship - how long would it take for the flood of the PC profiles to appear for the PC police to view?

Last edited:
You have to think about what you say.

Of course, the left gave G.L. a pass on this one.

Eva Longoria Says She is Sorry for Offensive Mitt Romney Retweet | Fox News Latino

Let's see Democrat, woman, sexy, Latino what are the odds she would get a pass for posting her somewhat negative to be polite views? Enter Phil Southern, religious, white, conservative what are the odds he wouldn't get the same pass?

Let's see...she didn't even originate the tweet. It was a retweet - in other words, she re-posted what somebody else already tweeted.

False comparison fail.

Yeah....I was just wondering why you don't have a twitter account!

I mean......you never say anything stupid.

Forum List

Back