Another Example Of How Christians Spread "Hate Speech"

No, He is there, period. Whether you belive it or not is irrelevant. You can't make God cease to exist because you dont believe in him any more than you can make President Bush not be President simply because you dont believe he is

He only exists in your mind. You don't have to make anything cease to exist if it never actually existed in the first place.

How does one talk to something that doesn't exist??

Your absolutely correct, Dr. Grump, if indeed He does not exist. Thats the crux that must be encountered and objectively dealt with.

I come from an extreme scientific education, and all the evidence of His existence was so overwhelming that I had to face this crux in my own life. Was I going to be my own lord and master, or was I going to open my eyes of intellect, and accept all the evidences of intelligence in this creation I exist in, and its concurrence with biblical scripture and be absolutely honest with myself.

I caved-in, accepted, and have never regretted it.

The Christian life has been actually harder than before my conversion, but the security, love, strength and encouragement in my life by a living God has trumped anything the world can concoct.

I no longer face challenges alone, but know that I'm supported by a far greater strength, and wisdom than I could ever imagine.

Call it self-deluded, but remember, these words came from a man who has lived life on both sides........has embraced science as his god, and believed that self control was the master of all obstacles. I know otherwise now.

No more fighting the good fight.........the fight has been won..........Now it's just a few "mop-up" skirmishes to remind me that humility allows me more strength than pride. As that strength is not my own, but His, given to me as a gift of love.

That's a whole other subject. Dunno why any being wants us to pray and love him/her unconditionally. There is no point IMO, other than satiating an ego - either the god's or our own...very strange concept (logically speaking)...

If you had decided to create a universe, what do you think your motivation would be? OF COURSE God created the universe to please Himself. It's HIS universe.

Why do people choose to parent children? It's a heck of a lot of hard work. Speaking personally, I know I wanted kids because I wanted a family to love. I figure God wants the same thing.

But do you think it was HATE speech? When Christians tell others about their truths, it's done in LOVE - because Christians CARE about people, and their souls.

In answer to your question, No, I would not all it hate speech. It was a group of people giving out their opinions at the wrong time and at the wrong place. Sometimes it is difficult to distinguish character of the message from the character of the messenger.

No, He is there, period. Whether you belive it or not is irrelevant. You can't make God cease to exist because you dont believe in him any more than you can make President Bush not be President simply because you dont believe he is

Of course it is relevent. I do not believe he/she exists. Therefore he/she does not (IMO). President Bush is president and he is tangible. Faith is not.

I come from an extreme scientific education, and all the evidence of His existence was so overwhelming that I had to face this crux in my own life. Was I going to be my own lord and master, or was I going to open my eyes of intellect, and accept all the evidences of intelligence in this creation I exist in, and its concurrence with biblical scripture and be absolutely honest with myself.
ind me that humility allows me more strength than pride. As that strength is not my own, but His, given to me as a gift of love.

Very interesting re the scientific background. I go the other way with evidence. I find it underwhelming. I think it good that some people find religion so comforting. Must ease of lot of fears/anxieties about the meaning of life.

If you had decided to create a universe, what do you think your motivation would be? OF COURSE God created the universe to please Himself. It's HIS universe.

Why do people choose to parent children? It's a heck of a lot of hard work. Speaking personally, I know I wanted kids because I wanted a family to love. I figure God wants the same thing.

And I ask why bother creating a universe? Why not a play mate? Why not a place to run around in? I choose to parent children because I wanted kids of my own. I didn't have to create a universe to do so (not that I could anyway :O)
If god wanted a family to love, why not just come out and say it and say "here I am, take me or leave me?"

And I ask why bother creating a universe? Why not a play mate? Why not a place to run around in? I choose to parent children because I wanted kids of my own. I didn't have to create a universe to do so (not that I could anyway :O)
If god wanted a family to love, why not just come out and say it and say "here I am, take me or leave me?"

If He hadn't created the universe, to whom would He be speaking when He asked this?

He created the rest of the universe 1) to give us a place to live, 2) to give us an idea of the magnitude of His power and 3) to make Himself evident to His creatures.

I think He didn't choose to create a playmate, because I don't think He was lonely. Also, how or why would He create a being who could be His peer?

Why not just create a place to "run around in"? What place could contain Him? Could He create a place bigger than Himself?

If He hadn't created the universe, to whom would He be speaking when He asked this?

He created the rest of the universe 1) to give us a place to live, 2) to give us an idea of the magnitude of His power and 3) to make Himself evident to His creatures.

I think He didn't choose to create a playmate, because I don't think He was lonely. Also, how or why would He create a being who could be His peer?

Why not just create a place to "run around in"? What place could contain Him? Could He create a place bigger than Himself?

What you say is interesting. But I think I've said that I see him as much larger than anything we could comprehend and I think what we read in the Bible and see around us is only a teeny portion of His magnitude. While I think the Bible is intended to guide us, I think it's kind of bite-sized bits that Humans can wrap their minds around..... kind of like trying to describe the color red to someone who's never had sight.

What you say is interesting. But I think I've said that I see him as much larger than anything we could comprehend and I think what we read in the Bible and see around us is only a teeny portion of His magnitude. While I think the Bible is intended to guide us, I think it's kind of bite-sized bits that Humans can wrap their minds around..... kind of like trying to describe the color red to someone who's never had sight.

I totally agree... that's why I said "to give us an idea of the magnitude of His power." :)

I totally agree... that's why I said "to give us an idea of the magnitude of His power." :)

Cool. A point of agreement. ;)

But that's why I don't believe the Bible is a literal work. I think it's only the tip of the iceberg. I think there are layers and layers between us and what IS (at least on a grand scale).

But that's why I don't believe the Bible is a literal work. I think it's only the tip of the iceberg. I think there are layers and layers between us and what IS (at least on a grand scale).

Aw, Jillian! You just HAD to move on past the "point of agreement," didn't you? LOL! :D

Won't be long before sharing one's faith with a non-believer becomes outlawed.
The thing with this is it's attacking the Sikh's beliefs while doing their invitation. It's not the appropriate way to go about sharing your faith. I have no problem if someone wants to share their faith with me, I'm open ears whether I was once apart of that faith or if I've never heard of it. But if they go in saying that what I believe is completely wrong, etc., then they're going to get a nasty attitude from me.

The thing with this is it's attacking the Sikh's beliefs while doing their invitation. It's not the appropriate way to go about sharing your faith. I have no problem if someone wants to share their faith with me, I'm open ears whether I was once apart of that faith or if I've never heard of it. But if they go in saying that what I believe is completely wrong, etc., then they're going to get a nasty attitude from me.

I'll agree with you on that one but personally I don't hear "your going to hell" that much anymore. I think for the most part people live life following thier own chosen path. Sometimes it's a path that others walk too. It doesnt' make em sheep. They just happened to pick a path that a lot of others have in common. Besides, most people get all defensive and huffy when you tell them they might be goofing up. Timing is everything.

I'll agree with you on that one but personally I don't hear "your going to hell" that much anymore. I think for the most part people live life following thier own chosen path. Sometimes it's a path that others walk too. It doesnt' make em sheep. They just happened to pick a path that a lot of others have in common. Besides, most people get all defensive and huffy when you tell them they might be goofing up. Timing is everything.
I don't think I could agree any more with you.

And you consider those layers to be the pages of the New Testament?

Forum List

Back