Another Demographic Punked: Coal Industry Continues Sharp Decline Despite Trump's Promised Revival

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
Coal industry continues sharp decline despite Trump's promised revival

Fox News, so you know it's true!

But since he took office, U.S. coal consumption has hit a 41-year low and coal plant closures have actually accelerated. The next to fall, in December, will be Colstrip units 1 and 2, which have been keeping the lights on throughout the Pacific Northwest since 1975. Shutting down one-third of the capacity of the largest coal plant west of the Mississippi comes even after Trump scrapped the Obama-era Clean Power Plan and his administration pledged $39 million to make coal plants run cleaner.

<snip>

Oregon’s last remaining coal plant in Boardman will completely shut down its 550 MW of generation by the end of 2020. Oregon’s utilities must be coal-free by 2035. Coal plant closures are also scheduled in Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Nevada and Utah. In all, the amount of power produced by burning coal is expected to drop by more than half by 2030, from 34,000 MW to 16,000 MW.

Boy did we hear about it from the pseudocons whenever a coal plant closed on Obama's watch.

I wonder why they have been totally silent about Trump's failure?

Hmmmm...

Trump's Playboy interview:

PLAYBOY: What satisfaction, exactly, do you get out of doing a deal?

TRUMP: I love the creative process. I do what I do out of pure enjoyment. Hopefully, nobody does it better. There’s a beauty to making a great deal. It’s my canvas. And I like painting it.

I like the challenge and tell the story of the coal miner’s son. The coal miner gets black-lung disease, his son gets it, then his son . If I had been the son of a coal miner, I would have left the damn mines. But most people don’t have the imagination–or whatever–to leave their mine. They don’t have “it.”

PLAYBOY: Which is?

TRUMP: “It” is an ability to become an entrepreneur, a great athlete, a great writer. You’re either born with it or you’re not. Ability can be honed, perfected or neglected. The day Jack Nicklaus came into this world, he had more innate ability to play golf than anybody else.

Trump spit right in the faces of coal miners in that interview. Trump considered coal miners to be too stupid to get another career. Trump said they don't have "it". He said they are genetic losers.

These dumb backward rubes still have not caught on they've been hoaxed by a New York limousine liberal.

Coal plant closures are also scheduled in Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Nevada and Utah.

One notices that in all of those states plus the aforementioned Oregon, Rump lost the 2016 vote, with the exception of Utah where he pulled an embarrassing 45½%.

Coal plant closures are also scheduled in Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Nevada and Utah.

One notices that in all of those states plus the aforementioned Oregon, Rump lost the 2016 vote, with the exception of Utah where he pulled an embarrassing 45½%.
That's why Trump feels free to lie through his teeth to them.

"They weren't going to vote for me anyway."

I wonder how much longer West Virginia will buy his horseshit.

I wonder if the coal workers will vote for Trump in 2020?
They will feel they have to. One of those "lesser of two evils" bullshit things.

The thing about Trump's true believers is that they bleev whatever WORDS come out of his mouth, even if what Trump says completely contradicts reality.

It's truly bizarre.

The Democrats should run an ad in the coal mining states:

"Donald Trump believes coal miners are genetically inferior beings who don't have what it takes to thrive."

And then quote directly from the Playboy interview.

.....Oregon’s utilities must be coal-free by 2035. ......

MMm, sounds like a state government rule, a liberal state government rule, not a result of natural economic factors, as you try to imply.

You should have read your own link.

It's obvious by the responses that NO ONE else read the article either!

losers

MMm, sounds like a state government rule, a liberal state government rule, not a result of natural economic factors, as you try to imply.
I see you selectively lifted from the article which plainly states coal consumption is at a record 41 year low.

Coal is being replaced by natural gas because natural gas is cheaper and more efficient.

Just as I have been saying ever since Trump began lying through his teeth to coal miners.

Total Number Of Coal Plants Plummeting Globally

Damn you, Obama! Damn you!

u_s_coal_mining_jobs.png

Oh, wait...

US_Coal_Mining_Employment_1900_2016_MSHA_series_e1487808914791.png

Your hero Obama proudly campaigned on bankrupting the coal industry. Big difference

I see you selectively lifted from the article which plainly states coal consumption is at a record 41 year low.

Coal is being replaced by natural gas because natural gas is cheaper and more efficient.

Just as I have been saying ever since Trump began lying through his teeth to coal miners.

It was the primary "news" of your article, the closing of that plant. And you are trying to claim that it is because of natural evolution of technology and the market place.

But right in your article, is the truth. This is lefty agenda steaming ahead, regardless of the impact on people's lives.

It was the primary "news" of your article, the closing of that plant. And you are trying to claim that it is because of natural evolution of technology and the market place.

But right in your article, is the truth. This is lefty agenda steaming ahead, regardless of the impact on people's lives.
It has nothing to do with "lefty" anything...

Coal is a dinosaur

That's why Trump feels free to lie through his teeth to them.

"They weren't going to vote for me anyway."

I wonder how much longer West Virginia will buy his horseshit.

Have ya BEEN to West Virginia though? Bigly horseshit market.

It has nothing to do with "lefty" anything...

Coal is a dinosaur

Did you lefties have to pass laws, to make the dinosaurs go extinct? Or did it just happen naturally?

Forum List

Back