Another Demographic Punked: Coal Industry Continues Sharp Decline Despite Trump's Promised Revival

Pass laws?

You had a GOP Congress and Trump in the White House for 2 years...and Coal continued it's decline...and in fact the decline has sped up

Pass laws?

You had a GOP Congress and Trump in the White House for 2 years...and Coal continued it's decline...and in fact the decline has sped up

We all saw the way you did not address my point. Your attempt at deflection is denied.

Did you lefties have to pass laws, to make the dinosaurs go extinct? Or did it just happen naturally?

Do you have to work hard to ask questions this stupid, or does it come naturally? Dinosaurs went extinct long before mankind ever started to play with fire.

And, scientists think that they went extinct because of a LARGE meteor that hit the Earth somewhere around the Yucatan peninsula.

Did you lefties have to pass laws, to make the dinosaurs go extinct? Or did it just happen naturally?

Do you have to work hard to ask questions this stupid, or does it come naturally? Dinosaurs went extinct long before mankind ever started to play with fire.

And, scientists think that they went extinct because of a LARGE meteor that hit the Earth somewhere around the Yucatan peninsula.

And that is the point. No one had to pass a law requiring it. It just happened.

Completely different from what is happening now.

You are mixing things together that don't belong together. Exactly what is it that happens naturally that you think we are passing laws against?

Coal industry continues sharp decline despite Trump's promised revival

Fox News, so you know it's true!

But since he took office, U.S. coal consumption has hit a 41-year low and coal plant closures have actually accelerated. The next to fall, in December, will be Colstrip units 1 and 2, which have been keeping the lights on throughout the Pacific Northwest since 1975. Shutting down one-third of the capacity of the largest coal plant west of the Mississippi comes even after Trump scrapped the Obama-era Clean Power Plan and his administration pledged $39 million to make coal plants run cleaner.

<snip>

Oregon’s last remaining coal plant in Boardman will completely shut down its 550 MW of generation by the end of 2020. Oregon’s utilities must be coal-free by 2035. Coal plant closures are also scheduled in Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Nevada and Utah. In all, the amount of power produced by burning coal is expected to drop by more than half by 2030, from 34,000 MW to 16,000 MW.

Boy did we hear about it from the pseudocons whenever a coal plant closed on Obama's watch.

I wonder why they have been totally silent about Trump's failure?

Hmmmm...
No one could have known that coal industry workers might face problems.

But since he took office, U.S. coal consumption has hit a 41-year low and coal plant closures have actually accelerated. The next to fall, in December, will be Colstrip units 1 and 2, which have been keeping the lights on throughout the Pacific Northwest since 1975. Shutting down one-third of the capacity of the largest coal plant west of the Mississippi comes even after Trump scrapped the Obama-era Clean Power Plan and his administration pledged $39 million to make coal plants run cleaner.

<snip>

Oregon’s last remaining coal plant in Boardman will completely shut down its 550 MW of generation by the end of 2020. Oregon’s utilities must be coal-free by 2035. Coal plant closures are also scheduled in Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Nevada and Utah. In all, the amount of power produced by burning coal is expected to drop by more than half by 2030, from 34,000 MW to 16,000 MW.

Boy did we hear about it from the pseudocons whenever a coal plant closed on Obama's watch.

Hmmmm...
No one knew health care reform was so hard!

You are mixing things together that don't belong together. Exactly what is it that happens naturally that you think we are passing laws against?

Not me. Lesh is the one that called Coal a "dinosaur". I was pointing out, how flawed her analogy was.

Sounds like you are agreeing with me.

<snip>

Hmmmm...
No one knew health care reform was so hard!
Zigackly. Did you know that trade wars are easy?

52B2E11E-ED9D-4085-AF6E-8D25B549E385.jpeg
Don’t matter democrats it’s over ,

"Since he took office"? Hussein and Hillary promised to ruin the coal industry and they had eight years to do it. It's a wonder that there is anything left. It might seem like a lifetime but it's only been three years with a hostile democrat congress dogging Trump every step of the way. Give the guy a break With a republican congress and another four years Trump will make America greater.

.....Oregon’s utilities must be coal-free by 2035. ......

MMm, sounds like a state government rule, a liberal state government rule, not a result of natural economic factors, as you try to imply.
I see you selectively lifted from the article which plainly states coal consumption is at a record 41 year low.

Coal is being replaced by natural gas because natural gas is cheaper and more efficient.

Just as I have been saying ever since Trump began lying through his teeth to coal miners.

It was the primary "news" of your article, the closing of that plant. And you are trying to claim that it is because of natural evolution of technology and the market place.

But right in your article, is the truth. This is lefty agenda steaming ahead, regardless of the impact on people's lives.

I hate to see my fellow Americans going financially broke before Christmas because of coal industries are dying. either you or I or even the real messiah likes it or not ....... coal industry is dying. Even overseas.
The abundance of natural gas coming from Permian basin which is easier extract and cheaper to process. Plus solar power technology is one major culprit coal is dying.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

"Since he took office"? Hussein and Hillary promised to ruin the coal industry and they had eight years to do it. It's a wonder that there is anything left. It might seem like a lifetime but it's only been three years with a hostile democrat congress dogging Trump every step of the way. Give the guy a break With a republican congress and another four years Trump will make America greater.

Dude no one can save the coal industry from dying. Not even your fake messiah.
Trump lied and con the coal miners just to get their votes.

Even the real messiah cannot save the coal industries. Unless you shut down the natural gas industries and the solar power technologies.

MMm, sounds like a state government rule, a liberal state government rule, not a result of natural economic factors, as you try to imply.
I see you selectively lifted from the article which plainly states coal consumption is at a record 41 year low.

Coal is being replaced by natural gas because natural gas is cheaper and more efficient.

Just as I have been saying ever since Trump began lying through his teeth to coal miners.

It was the primary "news" of your article, the closing of that plant. And you are trying to claim that it is because of natural evolution of technology and the market place.

But right in your article, is the truth. This is lefty agenda steaming ahead, regardless of the impact on people's lives.

I hate to see my fellow Americans going financially broke before Christmas because of coal industries are dying. either you or I or even the real messiah likes it or not ....... coal industry is dying. Even overseas.
The abundance of natural gas coming from Permian basin which is easier extract and cheaper to process. Plus solar power technology is one major culprit coal is dying.

What percentage of electricity is from coal, right now?

Only about 30 percent.

How much of the US electricity generation is attributed to coal? - TOXMAP FAQ

According to the US Energy Information Administration (EIA), in 2017, the United States generated about 4,015 billion kilowatt-hours of electricity at utility-scale facilities. About 62.7% of the electricity generated was from fossil fuel (coal, natural gas, and petroleum), with 30.1% attributed from coal.

See a complete breakdown of all energy sources from the US EIA.

Only about 30 percent.

According to the US Energy Information Administration (EIA), in 2017, the United States generated about 4,015 billion kilowatt-hours of electricity at utility-scale facilities. About 62.7% of the electricity generated was from fossil fuel (coal, natural gas, and petroleum), with 30.1% attributed from coal.

ONLY 30 PERCENT? What is solar running at? 3? LOL!!!!

Only about 30 percent.

Currently, solar is responsible for around 7 percent right now, and is projected to hit 35 percent by 2030.

Only about 30 percent.

Coal is down to 32 percent from its heyday of almost 60 percent.

Coal is declining while solar and natural gas are climbing.

Forum List

Back