Annoying phrases....

When someone on TV gets a big surprise: Oh...........................My..........................God!

Tired of it. They need to give them a script.

Have noticed a pronounced lack of "G-d" last few years replaced with "gosh!" Even hearing bleeps now if it is with "G-d" instead of "gosh!" PC running amok I assume.

Heard for the 5th year in a row the most annoying word was "whatever."

Apparently it's true. Some kids were walking through gang turf and when members of the resident gang stopped and asked who tehy were, told them who they were, the tresspassing youths responded with "whatever" and were instantly attacked.

Things not to say in unfamilar territory I guess.

Wow.. Yeah, as a dad, I had a hair trigger on that one. I never let my kids get away with "Whatever". I was probably a bit of an asshole about, but that one really got on my nerves.

Any time any newscaster starts a dialogue with, "Some people say..." that's just bad Journalism.

Well most on-camera people ar enot in fact journalists, they're entertainers or commentators. Very significant difference. One is bound by a code of ethics, the other is not.

Did you see The Descendants? The daughter's BF hugs George Clooney and says 'Ssup bro.' To which George Clooney says, 'Don't you ever do that again!' I don't know anybody that says that. Thank God!

Lol, no. We just say it to eachother to be "bad". I do know kids who have said it and we mocked them

1. Fair
2. Free

Life isn't fair. Never has been, never will be. Can't legislate it. Pursuit of happiness does not guarantee you get what you want. Just a shot at it. You've got to accept the outcome of your decisions.

Nothing is free. Someone pays. To be honest, might as well say, I'm going to get Sarah to pay for you to have that. Vote for me. I'll borrow the money from the Chinese for you to have that. Vote for me. I'll ask the Fed to print the money for you to have that. Vote for me.

A particularly annoying one for me is,
This is going to hurt me more than it hurts you

Most of the time when that phrase is used, the person on the receiving end winds up getting the worst of it, so it's misleading.

Forum List

Back