Animal Stories

Yes....they are funny!

And that one is amazing! LOL

We had one named Pickles that was VERY vocal. He would answer me when I talked to him for as long as I kept it up. Others would just reply once or twice.

Here is a trivia fact for you. A mother and newborn can recognize each other's voice, in a large herd, after the baby is an hour old. One year we had 33 babies for the combined herds (155 head). Herding adult goats is not bad. Herding baby goats is like herding cats. But we would want to make sure the Momma and baby went together. So we loaded the babies first. When they cried out, the Mommas would come running.

We had one named Pickles that was VERY vocal. He would answer me when I talked to him for as long as I kept it up. Others would just reply once or twice.

Here is a trivia fact for you. A mother and newborn can recognize each other's voice, in a large herd, after the baby is an hour old. One year we had 33 babies for the combined herds (155 head). Herding adult goats is not bad. Herding baby goats is like herding cats. But we would want to make sure the Momma and baby went together. So we loaded the babies first. When they cried out, the Mommas would come running.

14711174_10157651524825445_1693374105813408441_o.jpg

34804926_10160528142365445_305495045170003968_o.jpg

The top pic is of a yearling I name Eeyore. He had a rough first 6 months of life. He was so sick his mother stopped letting him nurse. I would carry him up hills and hold him up to get the good greenery. He is now much bigger and still remembers me.

The bottom pic is of a month old baby of one of the old goats named Leather Tuscadero. We are having a quiet conversation.

What beautiful babies!!! :biggrin: ^^^^^

Annabelle 2 hours old.jpg
Annabelle birthday.jpg
Annabelle selfie.jpg

The pics above are of one of favorite goats. Her name is Annabelle. The first two pics are from the day she was born.

Babies!.jpg

Best pics I could get of the babies that year. This is about half of them. But they were still, so I got what I could get.

I saw this and it made my day, week month! :auiqs.jpg:

"When the Cat Is Plotting to Kill You And The Dog Is Trying to Warn You......":smiliehug::smiliehug:

1638063046538.png

Not all is bad in this world..... there is sweetness too! :love_ya4:

Meanwhile in San Francisco

but this is different.... this is not looting LOL is adoration... totally and most completely! I'm melting in love here LOL🥰

And this..... I wanted to share with y'all!

I'm in a total meltdown of love here! LOL!:love_ya4:

Some good news for the soul....not everything has to be so bad...Bless the puppie, bless her who adopted him!:love_ya4:

1660473896890.jpeg

1660473923435.jpeg

1660473967356.jpeg

'Runtly' has assumed residence in my office, he's also able to jump outta his box and run amok....not to mods here, if you see any pig related postings, it ain't me ......~S~

Forum List

Back