And the worst is yet to come

oh-noes.jpg

The fire season is usually just getting started at this time. However, this year has been catastrophic in so many places. There is smoke from the fires in Russia over the north pole;

Nothing fertilizes and rejuvenates depleted soil and deadwood thicket like a good forest fire....the new growth in the area is almost unbelievable. The earth has been doing this for millions of years and will continue to do it until the Sun provides the last really big fire. Every square Kilometer of the Earth's great forest areas have burned at one time or another. It's a good way to keep the plant life from suffocating under the weight of layers and layers of dead growth.

JO

In far north WA state, we have already experienced a month and a half of at or near triple digits, Temps of 111 and 113 recorded near July 4. Unheard of for the NW. Many wildfires and terrible AQ.
Ahh.. finally the earth is getting back to its real climate identity after the end of the last ice age. This is a good thing. We should see a large increase in available agriculturally viable acerage.

JO

Nothing fertilizes and rejuvenates depleted soil and deadwood thicket like a good forest fire....the new growth in the area is almost unbelievable. The earth has been doing this for millions of years and will continue to do it until the Sun provides the last really big fire. Every square Kilometer of the Earth's great forest areas have burned at one time or another. It's a good way to keep the plant life from suffocating under the weight of layers and layers of dead growth.

JO

The problem today is the fires are put out allowing more undergrowth so when it catches again the heat is enough to burn old growth forests that were immune to fires.

I wish it would stop raining here in Houston.
We've had rain everyday for two fucken months,on the plus side the rain is like we used to get in the summer when I was a kid.
Brief rain showers in the afternoon.

Fuck Russia. Their whole country could burn down and I wouldn't care.

And fuck China too. What do they have in China that would burn?

Forum List

Back