And so it begins. Restaurant requires IMMEDIATE covid test before entering.

P
Sounds like the restaurant wants two nights a week, for their rich, ELDERLY patrons, to be able to leave the home they've been held captive in, for a safer night out?
Most rich ELDERLY people eat at home and are served by their personal chefs.
I can see that....but maybe they just occasionally want a night out, on the town? It's the only thing I could think of, for him doing this two nights a week, and at $50 bucks a test!!! Sheesh!!!
If I were old, and rich, there is no way on Gods green earth I would go out to dinner in NYC in this day and age. Why would I when I have enough $ to have a personal chef, a driver for my limo to "get out of the house", etc.
He's doing it because he is a sheep, and he is paid to test just how far other sheep will go.
Or...he's stupid.
I dunno about that...when talking about New York Restaurants in Manhattan.... some of the finest eating in the World!!! Imo! I was fortunate enough to eat out when there for Market, and to this day my mouth still waters for their 3-4 inch thick at minimum, Veal Chop and various delicious pasta dishes as sides.... something I could not afford personally, but my Company, or a Vendor I bought from, paid the way.... So I got a taste of the good life....! :eek:

New Yorkers, the Rich and elderly, do not live in New York City, to stay home with their chef... imo....
NY is AWESOME!~ it's not for the crotchety & anti-social, though.
Pete Lugers was on my bucket list for years, but now that FAO Schwartz is gone, and The Fantasticks has taken its final bow, the only other reason I'd want to go to NY is to see the 9/11 Memorial. Considering the expense of staying in Manhattan, it's probably not worth it.
FAO Schwartz is open, I was there just last summer.

1606156857021.png

P
Sounds like the restaurant wants two nights a week, for their rich, ELDERLY patrons, to be able to leave the home they've been held captive in, for a safer night out?
I can see that....but maybe they just occasionally want a night out, on the town? It's the only thing I could think of, for him doing this two nights a week, and at $50 bucks a test!!! Sheesh!!!
If I were old, and rich, there is no way on Gods green earth I would go out to dinner in NYC in this day and age. Why would I when I have enough $ to have a personal chef, a driver for my limo to "get out of the house", etc.
He's doing it because he is a sheep, and he is paid to test just how far other sheep will go.
Or...he's stupid.
I dunno about that...when talking about New York Restaurants in Manhattan.... some of the finest eating in the World!!! Imo! I was fortunate enough to eat out when there for Market, and to this day my mouth still waters for their 3-4 inch thick at minimum, Veal Chop and various delicious pasta dishes as sides.... something I could not afford personally, but my Company, or a Vendor I bought from, paid the way.... So I got a taste of the good life....! :eek:

New Yorkers, the Rich and elderly, do not live in New York City, to stay home with their chef... imo....
Pete Lugers was on my bucket list for years, but now that FAO Schwartz is gone, and The Fantasticks has taken its final bow, the only other reason I'd want to go to NY is to see the 9/11 Memorial. Considering the expense of staying in Manhattan, it's probably not worth it.

View attachment 420475
I heard they sold out to ToysR Us!

Wait until your doctor, dentist, grocery store, gas station demand the same thing. :icon_rolleyes:

My doctor already did. First they refused to refill a life-saving medication demanding I come there first when it wasn't possible to go at that time, so I hired an attorney. Then I went when I could and they demanded I call from the parking lot when I don't own a cellular phone, then they demanded I wear a mask when I couldn't possibly have Covid as I had been sheltered in place for over a month. Then when I finally walked in they demanded that I had taken a Covid test, something they had never mentioned, something I would have no idea where to get and would expect my doctor to provide, not that the fast antigen Covid test is even accurate. Fortunately another girl overheard the conversation and gave me the go-ahead to see the doctor.

The other day I stopped at the liquor store to pick up a case of stuff I had ordered. You show up, they come out and put the stuff in your trunk. This time I asked the guy if he could simply put the box toward the front of the truck so it doesn't fall over and he refused saying he wasn't allowed to touch the car and was now going to put the box on the sidewalk though he was previously going to put it in the trunk as usual. You don't have to "touch the car" no matter WHERE in the trunk you sit the box down, its all the same.

The Covid stupidity of our progressive society is astounding and growing by leaps and bounds.
Thankfully, my doctors (both of them) think its all bullshit too and don't demand this crap just to see them. They ask me to wear the mask INSIDE when I check in...but once in the room, she and he both yanks their off and tell me to do the same cuz "its bullshit". Love them both. Helps that both are conservatives and I live in a 95% republican town.

P
Or...he's stupid.

View attachment 420475
I heard they sold out to ToysR Us!
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shit! look at my screen print!! Google fact checked me that I went last summer :lol: (creeepy!)

Cops here refuse to follow Newscums orders, too. Most businesses are open. City hall refuses to dismiss their business permits. So this place, as much as I dislike the noise, suits me.

In what may be a sign of things to come, a New York City restaurant will soon require customers to take a rapid COVID-19 test at the door before being allowed to eat inside.

City Winery will launch the pilot “test-to-table” dining two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, this week for the rest of the year. Customers will pre-pay $50 per person for the test when making a reservation at Resy.com. The restaurant is still open test-free Thursday through Monday.

“Until a vaccine is in people’s arms, and we don’t think that’s going to be until the summer of next year, what are we going to do to have people be willing to come in to dine?” City Winery’s founder and CEO, Michael Dorf, told Yahoo Finance Live. “We feel we’ve created a bubble of a little more safety. I mean nothing is perfect, but this virus is tricky,”

So, who would be stupid enough to agree to that and even want to eat there at 50 bucks per test???

I'd just go elsewhere on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Doing this, while having five days a week "fee free" is going to decimate their business on those two days...

except that there are millions of Leftists who will herald this as mandatory and a great idea.
It is a great idea, and you can lay it at the feet of your messiah who did not take Covid seriously, derided mask wearing and social distancing and ultimately lost an election because of his inability to deal with it. Bigly!!!

Such horseshit.

You're retarded.

Why do it only two nights of the week, and why do it on what are traditionally slow nights for restaurants?
I think it's to stimulate business on those nights by attracting "woke" people with more money then sense.

Wait until your doctor, dentist, grocery store, gas station demand the same thing. :icon_rolleyes:

My doctor already does. Many office buildings do too.

It's not a hoax. 250,000 people have died.

It's a hoax. Or maybe a better word is a FARCE. 250,000 have died despite testing out the wazoo and wearing masks and distancing. Joe Biden will NEVER EVER stop the dying until we have Trump's vaccine. You'll kill the economy and irreparably harm the country in your total madness trying to control a little virus 0.2 microns across that you need a powerful microscope to even see.

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 1.48.56 PM.png

The restaurant business is so flush with money that they can turn away potential customers? Really?
It's a tough industry at best and a lot tougher in the liberal areas to survive.
Actually, it seems that they are trying to expand their business Meister.... He picked the two slowest days of the week, to offer this option for the rich people living in Manhatten or business people, who have refrained from eating out, due to the virus and fear of catching it.

I think he's smart, finding ways to expand his slowed business due to the virus fears.

The title says it is an immediate test, so an INSTANT test.... not one that needs to be sent off to a lab.... likely why it is so expensive.... we need an instant result test for about two bucks, so every individual can test themselves, at home....imo!!!!!

I was thinking of the old flagship Fifth Avenue store, before Toys R Us bought it. I hear it was the most amazing toy store in the world. How was the Rockefeller Center store? Amazing, unique toys? Or just a lot of overpriced gizmos?

Yeah yeah.....you love your dictators.....we know

Funny how for four years the Left railed how dictator Trump was trying to take away their rights and kill democracy. Now they are celebrating it.

Looks like the creaters of Covid-19 knew just how to conquer a nation.

I was thinking of the old flagship Fifth Avenue store, before Toys R Us bought it. I hear it was the most amazing toy store in the world. How was the Rockefeller Center store? Amazing, unique toys? Or just a lot of overpriced gizmos?
The decor and all was fancy - the toys seems average to me, though. lol

There were still guys dressed like Nutcrackers out front and all of that Jazz.

It gets better.

Many democrats are calling for check points to ensure you took the vaccination.
MIT has created scanners than can instantly tell if you are vaccinated.

No vaccine, no entry....no DMV registration, no grocery shopping.

We're in CHINA !
Well, China and some of those other Asian countries beat the virus, didn't they? Relatively speaking, anyway. If your people haven't got enough sense to come in out of the rain, maybe it's right to force 'em. They herd the turkeys inside during rainstorms, don't they? If you're going to act as smart as a turkey, don't be surprised when you're treated like one.

The restaurant business is so flush with money that they can turn away potential customers? Really?
Actually, it seems that they are trying to expand their business Meister.... He picked the two slowest days of the week, to offer this option for the rich people living in Manhatten or business people, who have refrained from eating out, due to the virus and fear of catching it. I think he's smart, finding ways to expand his slowed business

YEAH, Meister! Don't you know a SHREWD business move when you see one! :smoke:

Meantime, the fast antigen test for Covid ain't worth crap. It's hit or miss.

It's a hoax. Or maybe a better word is a FARCE. 250,000 have died despite testing out the wazoo and wearing masks and distancing. Joe Biden will NEVER EVER stop the dying until we have Trump's vaccine. You'll kill the economy and irreparably harm the country in your total madness trying to control a little virus 0.2 microns across that you need a powerful microscope to even see.

View attachment 420482
NOPE!
If the state's positivity rate is greater than 5%, then the State IS NOT testing enough is what the science says.... we have some states with 40% to 60% positivity rates...

We ARE NOT TESTING NEARLY ENOUGH.... to know how bad the spread really is, and what areas it has spread, to know if there is going to be a doctor, nurse, and hospital shortage..... or enough new medicines to help them, or enough personal protection gear, to cover the influx....etc.

Actually, it seems that they are trying to expand their business Meister.... He picked the two slowest days of the week, to offer this option for the rich people living in Manhatten or business people, who have refrained from eating out, due to the virus and fear of catching it. I think he's smart, finding ways to expand his slowed business

YEAH, Meister! Don't you know a SHREWD business move when you see one! :smoke:

Meantime, the fast antigen test for Covid ain't worth crap. It's hit or miss.
Hopefully, there are many scientists and pharmaceutical companies working on their own version that is more accurate, that we will see soon, Mr. Pessimist Grinch!!!!!

They can demand all the tests they want but I still refuse to have one done. My body, my choice. If that statement is good enough to kill a baby, its good enough to protect my rights in getting poked or tested for something I have no wish to be tested for.

Yeah yeah.....you love your dictators.....we know

Funny how for four years the Left railed how dictator Trump was trying to take away their rights and kill democracy. Now they are celebrating it.

Looks like the creaters of Covid-19 knew just how to conquer a nation.
read Sun Tzu quotes.
Sample:

“The greatest victory is that which requires no battle
  1. “The greatest victory is that which requires no battle
  2. “Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win
  3. “If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles.
Few more:

“Supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
tags: politics, success, war
1122 likes
“All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.”
― Sun tzu, The Art of War

china made the virus to bring Trump down. Now china has biden due to idiot americans. we are fucked.

It gets better.

Many democrats are calling for check points to ensure you took the vaccination.
MIT has created scanners than can instantly tell if you are vaccinated.

No vaccine, no entry....no DMV registration, no grocery shopping.

We're in CHINA !
Well, China and some of those other Asian countries beat the virus, didn't they? Relatively speaking, anyway. If your people haven't got enough sense to come in out of the rain, maybe it's right to force 'em. They herd the turkeys inside during rainstorms, don't they? If you're going to act as smart as a turkey, don't be surprised when you're treated like one.

Is that a sale at FAO Schwartz?

Forum List

Back