And so it begins. Restaurant requires IMMEDIATE covid test before entering.

In what may be a sign of things to come, a New York City restaurant will soon require customers to take a rapid COVID-19 test at the door before being allowed to eat inside.

City Winery will launch the pilot “test-to-table” dining two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, this week for the rest of the year. Customers will pre-pay $50 per person for the test when making a reservation at Resy.com. The restaurant is still open test-free Thursday through Monday.

“Until a vaccine is in people’s arms, and we don’t think that’s going to be until the summer of next year, what are we going to do to have people be willing to come in to dine?” City Winery’s founder and CEO, Michael Dorf, told Yahoo Finance Live. “We feel we’ve created a bubble of a little more safety. I mean nothing is perfect, but this virus is tricky,”

So, who would be stupid enough to agree to that and even want to eat there at 50 bucks per test???

I'd just go elsewhere on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Doing this, while having five days a week "fee free" is going to decimate their business on those two days...

except that there are millions of Leftists who will herald this as mandatory and a great idea.
Not unless they can get the government to pay for it.

Not a chance. It's a stupid idea.

The Covid test could end up costing more than your dinner. "Date night" now costs a minimum of $100 and you and your date haven't even ordered an appetizer.

Fuck that. Go on Monday, instead...

In what may be a sign of things to come, a New York City restaurant will soon require customers to take a rapid COVID-19 test at the door before being allowed to eat inside.

City Winery will launch the pilot “test-to-table” dining two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, this week for the rest of the year. Customers will pre-pay $50 per person for the test when making a reservation at Resy.com. The restaurant is still open test-free Thursday through Monday.

“Until a vaccine is in people’s arms, and we don’t think that’s going to be until the summer of next year, what are we going to do to have people be willing to come in to dine?” City Winery’s founder and CEO, Michael Dorf, told Yahoo Finance Live. “We feel we’ve created a bubble of a little more safety. I mean nothing is perfect, but this virus is tricky,”

So, who would be stupid enough to agree to that and even want to eat there at 50 bucks per test???

I'd just go elsewhere on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Doing this, while having five days a week "fee free" is going to decimate their business on those two days...

except that there are millions of Leftists who will herald this as mandatory and a great idea.
It is a great idea, and you can lay it at the feet of your messiah who did not take Covid seriously, derided mask wearing and social distancing and ultimately lost an election because of his inability to deal with it. Bigly!!!

Such horseshit.

You're retarded.

Why do it only two nights of the week, and why do it on what are traditionally slow nights for restaurants?

Wait until your doctor, dentist, grocery store, gas station demand the same thing. :icon_rolleyes:

My doctor already does. Many office buildings do too.

It's not a hoax. 250,000 people have died.

So you are paying an extra $50 to see your doctor?

I have yet to be tested or asked to be tested. If it cost an extra $50 to do anything, I’m out. I’ll relax at home and order groceries. Screw the dictators.
It's true you should check your benefits. Probably the cost is picked up by a lot of providers. A friend of mine who is Cobra-ing a policy for a few more months until he can go on Medicare said his policy only pays for one test. He already took it to travel to Maine in July for a family member's wedding, and those restrictions are on again here--you have to be able to show a negative test within 72 hours of entering the state. He's not coming for Thanksgiving due to other factors, but it could get pricey for people who come here a lot.

Why do I need to take a Covid test? If I get sick, I stay home, just like I did when I had the flu back in 1990, I didn’t need a test to tell me I was sick, I pretty much figured it out.

When available will be vaccination be FREE?
Then how much will the tattoo cost if you want to exercise your new found PRIVILEGE to go out in public (it hasn't been a "right" for months in many places).

Don't want your tatt?

Will sewing a gold star to your sleeve be enough? I mean an official gold star like somebody used to mandate somewhere in Europe?

Sounds like the restaurant wants two nights a week, for their rich, ELDERLY patrons, to be able to leave the home they've been held captive in, for a safer night out?

Sounds like the restaurant wants two nights a week, for their rich, ELDERLY patrons, to be able to leave the home they've been held captive in, for a safer night out?
Most rich ELDERLY people eat at home and are served by their personal chefs.

I can see that....but maybe they just occasionally want a night out, on the town? It's the only thing I could think of, for him doing this two nights a week, and at $50 bucks a test!!! Sheesh!!!

They should be burned to the ground.

Right commies?

That's acceptable behavior, right?

I will bathe in commie guts!!!

I can see that....but maybe they just occasionally want a night out, on the town? It's the only thing I could think of, for him doing this two nights a week, and at $50 bucks a test!!! Sheesh!!!
If I were old, and rich, there is no way on Gods green earth I would go out to dinner in NYC in this day and age. Why would I when I have enough $ to have a personal chef, a driver for my limo to "get out of the house", etc.
He's doing it because he is a sheep, and he is paid to test just how far other sheep will go.
Or...he's stupid.

I think they have good intentions but unless money is not an issue for person going there then paying $50 per person just to get inside the place will probaby end up hurting their business more than helping.

If I were old, and rich, there is no way on Gods green earth I would go out to dinner in NYC in this day and age. Why would I when I have enough $ to have a personal chef, a driver for my limo to "get out of the house", etc.
He's doing it because he is a sheep, and he is paid to test just how far other sheep will go.
Or...he's stupid.
I dunno about that...when talking about New York Restaurants in Manhattan.... some of the finest eating in the World!!! Imo! I was fortunate enough to eat out when there for Market, and to this day my mouth still waters for their 3-4 inch thick at minimum, Veal Chop and various delicious pasta dishes as sides.... something I could not afford personally, but my Company, or a Vendor I bought from, paid the way.... So I got a taste of the good life....! :eek:

New Yorkers, the Rich and elderly, do not live in New York City, to stay home with their chef... imo....

And?

Private property owners are at liberty to set rules in place for patrons – no shirt, no shoes…

Don’t like it, don’t patronize them.

Consequently, nothing ‘has begun’ – the thread premise fails as a slippery slope fallacy and baseless demagoguery.

What fails is, does the restaurant have an onsite credentialed lab to read the tests and how long does it take to receive test results.

And so it begins.....

The market for fake vaccination certificates.

The presses are being made ready.

The decision to restrict flying to those who "have their papers" is announced:

Great angst among local tattoo artists; nobody's yet announcing what color ink they're going to have to order to fake the coming mandatory tatts.....

They should be burned to the ground.

Right commies?

That's acceptable behavior, right?

I will bathe in commie guts!!!
You're an irrelevant nerd on the internet who's been lusting for civil war for like a year now. You're a man of ineptitude & inaction and all talk, buddy. Settle down.

Or...he's stupid.
I dunno about that...when talking about New York Restaurants in Manhattan.... some of the finest eating in the World!!! Imo! I was fortunate enough to eat out when there for Market, and to this day my mouth still waters for their 3-4 inch thick at minimum, Veal Chop and various delicious pasta dishes as sides.... something I could not afford personally, but my Company, or a Vendor I bought from, paid the way.... So I got a taste of the good life....! :eek:

New Yorkers, the Rich and elderly, do not live in New York City, to stay home with their chef... imo....
NY is AWESOME!~ it's not for the crotchety & anti-social, though.

The restaurant business is so flush with money that they can turn away potential customers? Really?
It's a tough industry at best and a lot tougher in the liberal areas to survive.

P
Or...he's stupid.

NY is AWESOME!~ it's not for the crotchety & anti-social, though.
Pete Lugers was on my bucket list for years, but now that FAO Schwartz is gone, and The Fantasticks has taken its final bow, the only other reason I'd want to go to NY is to see the 9/11 Memorial. Considering the expense of staying in Manhattan, it's probably not worth it.

Wait until your doctor, dentist, grocery store, gas station demand the same thing. :icon_rolleyes:

My doctor already did. First they refused to refill a life-saving medication demanding I come there first when it wasn't possible to go at that time, so I hired an attorney. Then I went when I could and they demanded I call from the parking lot when I don't own a cellular phone, then they demanded I wear a mask when I couldn't possibly have Covid as I had been sheltered in place for over a month. Then when I finally walked in they demanded that I had taken a Covid test, something they had never mentioned, something I would have no idea where to get and would expect my doctor to provide, not that the fast antigen Covid test is even accurate. Fortunately another girl overheard the conversation and gave me the go-ahead to see the doctor.

The other day I stopped at the liquor store to pick up a case of stuff I had ordered. You show up, they come out and put the stuff in your trunk. This time I asked the guy if he could simply put the box toward the front of the trunk so it doesn't fall over and he refused saying he wasn't allowed to touch the car and was now going to put the box on the sidewalk though he was previously going to put it in the trunk as usual. You don't have to "touch the car" no matter WHERE in the trunk you sit the box down, its all the same.

The Covid stupidity of our progressive society is astounding and growing by leaps and bounds.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back