And so it begins. Restaurant requires IMMEDIATE covid test before entering.

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost

In what may be a sign of things to come, a New York City restaurant will soon require customers to take a rapid COVID-19 test at the door before being allowed to eat inside.

City Winery will launch the pilot “test-to-table” dining two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, this week for the rest of the year. Customers will pre-pay $50 per person for the test when making a reservation at Resy.com. The restaurant is still open test-free Thursday through Monday.

“Until a vaccine is in people’s arms, and we don’t think that’s going to be until the summer of next year, what are we going to do to have people be willing to come in to dine?” City Winery’s founder and CEO, Michael Dorf, told Yahoo Finance Live. “We feel we’ve created a bubble of a little more safety. I mean nothing is perfect, but this virus is tricky,”

So, who would be stupid enough to agree to that and even want to eat there at 50 bucks per test???

In what may be a sign of things to come, a New York City restaurant will soon require customers to take a rapid COVID-19 test at the door before being allowed to eat inside.

City Winery will launch the pilot “test-to-table” dining two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, this week for the rest of the year. Customers will pre-pay $50 per person for the test when making a reservation at Resy.com. The restaurant is still open test-free Thursday through Monday.

“Until a vaccine is in people’s arms, and we don’t think that’s going to be until the summer of next year, what are we going to do to have people be willing to come in to dine?” City Winery’s founder and CEO, Michael Dorf, told Yahoo Finance Live. “We feel we’ve created a bubble of a little more safety. I mean nothing is perfect, but this virus is tricky,”

So, who would be stupid enough to agree to that and even want to eat there at 50 bucks per test???

I'd just go elsewhere on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Doing this, while having five days a week "fee free" is going to decimate their business on those two days...

Doing this, while having five days a week "fee free" is going to decimate their business on those two days...

except that there are millions of Leftists who will herald this as mandatory and a great idea.

Why not test on friday and saturday instead of the slowest part of the week?

If Cali does it, it will be a barren wasteland here cuz TPTB want us to start paying PER MILEAGE on our car, monthly, thru DMV.

Biden will select California's AG to US AG....whatever is done in California today is destined to go nationwide if Biden is allowed to get to the WH

Biden will basically implement what is known as "The California Platform" across America

That's because you're an asshole. Anybody with a brain would never shadow their door again

Wait until your doctor, dentist, grocery store, gas station demand the same thing. :icon_rolleyes:

My doctor already does. Many office buildings do too.

It's not a hoax. 250,000 people have died.
The (H1N1)pdm09 virus was very different from H1N1 viruses that were circulating at the time of the pandemic. Few young people had any existing immunity (as detected by antibody response) to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus, but nearly one-third of people over 60 years old had antibodies against this virus, likely from exposure to an older H1N1 virus earlier in their lives. Since the (H1N1)pdm09 virus was very different from circulating H1N1 viruses, vaccination with seasonal flu vaccines offered little cross-protection against (H1N1)pdm09 virus infection. While a monovalent (H1N1)pdm09 vaccine was produced, it was not available in large quantities until late November—after the peak of illness during the second wave had come and gone in the United States. From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.

Yeah yeah.....you love your dictators.....we know
This post is rated retarded.jpg

Ummmm.....ummmm why are they wasting tests when there are waiting lines at Dr offices and such to get tested

“Swine Flu”

The US Centre for Disease and Control Prevention (CDC) estimated that 150, 000 to 575,000 people died from (H1N1) pandemic virus infection in the first year of the outbreak.

• 80% of the virus-related deaths were estimated to occur in those < 65 years of age.
  • In seasonal influenza epidemics, about 70% to 90% of deaths occur in people ≥65.
Points later confirmed by the WHO:

However, typical seasonal influenza causes most of its deaths among the elderly while other severe cases occur most commonly in people with a variety of medical conditions.

By contrast, this H1N1 pandemic caused most of its severe or fatal disease in younger people, both those with chronic conditions as well as healthy persons, and caused many more cases of viral pneumonia than is normally seen with seasonal influenza.

Wait until your doctor, dentist, grocery store, gas station demand the same thing. :icon_rolleyes:

My doctor already does. Many office buildings do too.

It's not a hoax. 250,000 people have died.
Walgreens in town here is offering Covid testing at the drive thru. It's the first I've heard of publicly available testing to anyone who wants it. Couldn't pick up my prescription through the drive thru becuse something about complete sanitizing.

Question, Toro : since you're tested, does that mean you don't have to wear a mask in those places? Is the instant test as nasty as they say, with a giant q-tip tickling your brain?

Geez. They must be so expensive they don't even put the prices in their menu.

CityWinery_DiningMenu.pdf

The reviews are saying the place is a shithole...

kalh2020
Jan 10, 2020
We stopped by the outdoor stand to drink a cup of mulled wine. $24 later (not including the tip) we were now in the possession of two of the worst cups of wine I’ve ever encountered. It was completel… Full review

Noam L Sep 12, 2019
They have changed location, they are no more at 155 Varick St. I made a reservation and recieved the old address, when arriving to a dark close place we tried to reach them on phone to find out that … Full review

Forum List

Back