And now, for some actual government censorshop

colfax_m

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2019
A charming New Jersey couple is quite displeased with the current administration and publicly expressed this displeasure.

An ordinance is fining them $250 a day due to its use of profanity and has lost in court to defend it.

This is unconstitutional and I hope they are able to appeal. Government cannot shut down speech simply for using a profanity.

A charming New Jersey couple is quite displeased with the current administration and publicly expressed this displeasure.

An ordinance is fining them $250 a day due to its use of profanity and has lost in court to defend it.

This is unconstitutional and I hope they are able to appeal. Government cannot shut down speech simply for using a profanity.

YES!!!! Those banners should be illegal There are kids about!

At times, profanity is a non-protected speech category
Profane rants that cross the line into direct face-to-face personal insults or fighting words are not protected by the First Amendment. ... United States (1969) established that profanity spoken as part of a true threat does not receive constitutional protection.

Fuck You

The judge is wrong here as this is a purely political statment. I can't imagine the SCOTUS not upholding her right should a case ever reach them about it. I mean they upheld the right for the klan to burn crosses for Pete's sake when it is done as a statement of ideology.

The judge is wrong here as this is a purely political statment. I can't imagine the SCOTUS not upholding her right should a case ever reach them about it. I mean they upheld the right for the klan to burn crosses for Pete's sake when it is done as a statement of ideology.
It is "purely" putting the F word in the public sphere where it can't be avoided and kids are being exposed to it. Why do we not allow people to walk down the street naked? It's the same principle and I not only agree with the judge, I think the company(s) printing those banners and bumper stickers should be shut down. I would feel exactly the same way if the banners said Fuck Trump.

It is "purely" putting the F word in the public sphere where it can't be avoided and kids are being exposed to it. Why do we not allow people to walk down the street naked? It's the same principle and I not only agree with the judge, I think the company(s) printing those banners and bumper stickers should be shut down. I would feel exactly the same way if the banners said Fuck Trump.
It's simply a colloquialism.

Democrats do it all the time. I remember many democrats putting fuck Trump shirts on little kids. When Democrats act offended like this you know they are hypocrites gaslighting.

the left has no problem with a naked mail in a womens spa .

You can think or feel yourself until you turn blue but the SCOTUS already decided that this word is protected in a political context and has been since 1971 when someone was arrested for walking in a courtroom with a F the Draft jacket on. It is not being said directly to someone's face, is not being broadcast over the airways, and is not being used by a student in school. The SCOTUS is ubber free speech more so than on any other issue rising under the Constitution. Many of its cases are unanimous or near unanimous in this regard.

You can think or feel yourself until you turn blue but the SCOTUS already decided that this word is protected in a political context and has been since 1971 when someone was arrested for walking in a courtroom with a F the Draft jacket on. It is not being said directly to someone's face, is not being broadcast over the airways, and is not being used by a student in school. The SCOTUS is ubber free speech more so than on any other issue rising under the Constitution. Many of its cases are unanimous or near unanimous in this regard.
They're wrong.

All rights come with limitations and they also come with responsibilities. This isn't protected by anything.

Forum List

Back