And now, a truly relevant opinion on monuments to the Confederacy

Robert E. Lee's own opinion. He opposed them.

Here’s what Robert E. Lee thought about Confederate monuments

"...As regards the erection of such a monument as is contemplated," Lee wrote in December 1866 about another proposed Confederate monument, "my conviction is, that however grateful it would be to the feelings of the South, the attempt in the present condition of the Country, would have the effect of retarding, instead of accelerating its accomplishment; [and] of continuing, if not adding to, the difficulties under which the Southern people labour."

Not only was Lee opposed to Confederate memorials, "he favored erasing battlefields from the landscape altogether," Horn
wrote.

He even
supported getting rid of the Confederate flag after the Civil War ended, and didn't want them them flying above Washington College, which he was president of after the war...."

Does this mean that putting up and insisting on preserving a statue of Robert E. Lee and other Confederate monuments is an attempt to erase the history of what this man truly believed?

Your 'supported' link is broke. It goes to Yahoo spam page

-Geaux

Robert E. Lee opposed Confederate monuments

Actually, Robert E. Lee was against erecting Confederate memorials - CNN

When the question is of monuments to those who fought against the "Perpetual Union", the issue remains clear. As usual, however, the debate had deteriorated into everyone's particular hate being justified. The silliness of it all is exasperating. Where is the intelligence in America today?

It's all just more evidence that the inescapable truth is that the history of America, at its core, is the history of race relations.
95% of southerners did not own slaves when the Civil War was fought. The rich elites and the pols who were funded by them were fighting to keep slavery legal because it would have broken their piggy banks. The majority of Confederates were fighting because the Union army was marching into their fields, stealing their livestock, blowing up their railroad tracks and stopping shipping commerce, including every day necessities. Then it became personal and the two sides began hating each other.
I don't think it is necessary to take down the statues of confederate soldiers unless a community votes to do so. This is their ancestors. We forgave the south when the war ended. We did not brand them all haters and enemies forever more. Ugly racism still exists, but it sure as hell doesn't exist only in the south. I think this is going too far.
I guess you are giving the revisionist theory about the civil war. Bet you never bothered to read the truth of the Democrats like it says in the book, I listed. Of course if you do read it, you will realize that your whole life has been 1 big Liberal Lie.

Southern Democrat secessiionists were conservative. Only you are trying to rewrite that history.

"...As regards the erection of such a monument as is contemplated," Lee wrote in December 1866 about another proposed Confederate monument, "my conviction is, that however grateful it would be to the feelings of the South, the attempt in the present condition of the Country, would have the effect of retarding, instead of accelerating its accomplishment; [and] of continuing, if not adding to, the difficulties under which the Southern people labour."

Not only was Lee opposed to Confederate memorials, "he favored erasing battlefields from the landscape altogether," Horn
wrote.

He even
supported getting rid of the Confederate flag after the Civil War ended, and didn't want them them flying above Washington College, which he was president of after the war...."

Does this mean that putting up and insisting on preserving a statue of Robert E. Lee and other Confederate monuments is an attempt to erase the history of what this man truly believed?

-Geaux

Now the radical left is commending a slave owning Confederate general, that last month they hated with all their bleeding heart.

HYPOCRITE!!!

wrote.

He even

He knew that the Democrats needed to keep reminding those that wanted slavery, to be held as hero's for the cause. Even today, we have Woodrow Wilson, a confirmed racist and supporter of the KKK honored with a bridge that has 100s of 1000s of blacks crossing every day, and a museum near the Ronald Reagan building in the heart of DC. Margaret Sanger another racist, was honored by Hillary Rotten Clinton, for her works about killing black babies by the 10s of 1000s through planned parenthood. Democrats were racists, are racists, and always will be racists, for it is their nature to be Racists, Bigots and Sexists. Immorality is the root of the Democrat Party..

BlackGenocide.org | Planned Parenthood
Did you know that the founder of Planned Parenthood, Margaret Sanger, was a devout racist who created the Negro Project designed to sterilize unknowing black women and others she deemed as undesirables of society? The founder of Planned Parenthood said, "Colored people are like human weeds and are to be exterminated." Is her vision being fulfilled today?

So you view Robert E. Lee as fundamentally immoral and racist. Interesting. And yet you want him honored with statues?

Never said the thing. Those Democrats of the South wanted to keep slavery going and even into the new territories that were opened up by Andrew Jackson(Democrat) with his Manifest Destiny(war on Native Americans) but the Northern Republicans and not one Northern Democrats voted for ending slavery. So off wen the south to secede from the Union, with many uninformed southerners who thought they were fighting for states rights. The public education system which has mostly liberals in charge, started changing history to reflect the states rights idea, yet when you look at real history , it is clear the Democrat Politicians were fighting to keep their slaves. Even after the civil war, those on the left wanted to white wash history such as Woodrow Wilson and LBJ, and used KKK members like Robert Byrd to go against blacks and terrorize them as they did back in the late 1800's. The book below shows with bullet points and pictures what the Democrats of old and new thought about black people. Just like Hillary though about black people when she honored Margaret Sanger..

https://www.amazon.com/Setting-Record-Straight-American-History/dp/1932225277&tag=ff0d01-20
GREAT TRUE FACTS - SHOWS SOUTHERN DEMO'S WERE KKK MEMBERS IN CONGRESS WHO OPPOSED CIVIL RIGHTS ACT AND OTHER THINGS WHICH IKE WANTED BUT LBJ AND OTHERS OPPOSED WHEN LEADERS IN CONGRESS.

Are you even aware that Lee was a Democrat?

And? Abraham Lincoln was a Republican that wanted the have blacks treated as equals. But you Democrats went out of your way to keep the blacks, Native Americans, German Americans, Japanese Americans, and any other American from being equal. It is the liberal elitist way to divide and conquer, that way the liberals elites can have the power. Such stupid people who vote Dumbocrat..

We Democrats? Are you officially retarded? I'm old, but I'm not that old.

wrote.

He even

-Geaux

Now the radical left is commending a slave owning Confederate general, that last month they hated with all their bleeding heart.

HYPOCRITE!!!

I merely informed you of Lee's opinion on the matter, because I wanted to enjoy the flood of deflection, denial, and outright rejection of Lee's opinion that I knew I would get in response.

wrote.

He even

-Geaux

HYPOCRITE!!!

I merely informed you of Lee's opinion on the matter, because I wanted to enjoy the flood of deflection, denial, and outright rejection of Lee's opinion that I knew I would get in response.
Okay...that is merely an admission of stupidity.

When the question is of monuments to those who fought against the "Perpetual Union", the issue remains clear. As usual, however, the debate had deteriorated into everyone's particular hate being justified. The silliness of it all is exasperating. Where is the intelligence in America today?

It's all just more evidence that the inescapable truth is that the history of America, at its core, is the history of race relations.
95% of southerners did not own slaves when the Civil War was fought. The rich elites and the pols who were funded by them were fighting to keep slavery legal because it would have broken their piggy banks. The majority of Confederates were fighting because the Union army was marching into their fields, stealing their livestock, blowing up their railroad tracks and stopping shipping commerce, including every day necessities. Then it became personal and the two sides began hating each other.
I don't think it is necessary to take down the statues of confederate soldiers unless a community votes to do so. This is their ancestors. We forgave the south when the war ended. We did not brand them all haters and enemies forever more. Ugly racism still exists, but it sure as hell doesn't exist only in the south. I think this is going too far.
I guess you are giving the revisionist theory about the civil war. Bet you never bothered to read the truth of the Democrats like it says in the book, I listed. Of course if you do read it, you will realize that your whole life has been 1 big Liberal Lie.

Democrat is the name of a party. Conservatism is the name of a set of political opinions.

Southern secessionists were conservatives in the Democratic party.

And since you're ignorant, you don't even know that I believe that the governments of the localities should decide what statues go on public property. See? Same as you do.

wrote.

He even

-Geaux

HYPOCRITE!!!

Okay...that is merely an admission of stupidity.

If you can dispute the above facts as to Lee's opinions, by all means, post your alternative facts, lol.

Otherwise, shut up and quit making a fool of yourself.

wrote.

He even

He knew that the Democrats needed to keep reminding those that wanted slavery, to be held as hero's for the cause. Even today, we have Woodrow Wilson, a confirmed racist and supporter of the KKK honored with a bridge that has 100s of 1000s of blacks crossing every day, and a museum near the Ronald Reagan building in the heart of DC. Margaret Sanger another racist, was honored by Hillary Rotten Clinton, for her works about killing black babies by the 10s of 1000s through planned parenthood. Democrats were racists, are racists, and always will be racists, for it is their nature to be Racists, Bigots and Sexists. Immorality is the root of the Democrat Party..

Did you know that the founder of Planned Parenthood, Margaret Sanger, was a devout racist who created the Negro Project designed to sterilize unknowing black women and others she deemed as undesirables of society? The founder of Planned Parenthood said, "Colored people are like human weeds and are to be exterminated." Is her vision being fulfilled today?

Therefore...all those NAZIS and KKKrs in Charlottesville yelling "Heil trump!" were Democrats. Interesting theory.

Southern Democrat secessiionists were conservative. Only you are trying to rewrite that history.
Con-federacy
Con-servative

Coincidence?

You of course fall into the revisionist theory also, as anyone who wants to subjugate people are new age liberals, not classical liberals(conservatives). Yep stay ignorant, as liberal elites love how stupid you are...slave.

The statues are just another fake issue. Blacks as a demographic have never been against slavery, except their own personal selves. Free blacks in the south owned slaves, some of the biggest slave dealers were blacks, and as we've seen in the past, black slaves who were freed here and went back to Africa set themselves up as slave plantation owners.See the freed slaves that were rejected by Canada and sent to Sierra Leone and those sent to Liberia, for instance.

The fake 'outrage' is only because of jealousy and not being the slave owners themselves, that's all. Whether they or any other group is offended by something or other is not anything to be concerned about.

Last edited:

Con-federacy
Con-servative

Coincidence?
Only an idiot like you think the Confederacy was conservatives.

Conservatives(classical Liberalism)
"Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness" is a well-known phrase in the United States Declaration of Independence. The phrase gives three examples of the "unalienable rights" which the Declaration says have been given to all human beings by their Creator, and which governments are created to protect.

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness - Wikipedia

New Age Liberals/Progressives

The Road to Serfdom - Wikipedia
he "[warns] of the danger of tyranny that inevitably results from government control of economic decision-making through central planning." He further argues that the abandonment of individualism and classical liberalism inevitably leads to a loss of freedom, the creation of an oppressive society, the tyranny of a dictator, and the serfdom of the individual. He argued that fascism, National Socialism and socialism had common roots in central economic planning and empowering the state over the individual.

These 2 ideologues have been created because the Democrats of old would never been in power, except by morphing themselves to be "supposedly" for the people. As we see today, it isn't about the people, who are dying in the liberal cities by the 100s, but the power those liberal elites want. just like the slave owners, it is about controlling the people.

Con-federacy
Con-servative

Coincidence?
You forgot to add....the following:

Trump Voter = Nazi
Conservative = Nazi

KILL THEM!!!!!!!!

Here's an idea...

Let's petition the US government to introduce a UN resolution asking Germany, Austria and Poland to consider wiping the standing concentration camps away. I mean they are relics of a regime that killed 6 million people. You know, the Nazis. They kept slaves and gassed them for being an inferior race.

It really sucks for the Maoist Democrats that abolitionism and black freedom is almost exclusively a WASP thing, eh? Certainly not anything endorsed by blacks outside the small minority black Christian Protestants, then or even now. Black and Islamo-Nazi nations sniveled like babies when the League Of Nations passed a resolution in 1927 making the abolition of slavery a condition for membership and receiving the economic benefits from the West, and of course slavery is an open and thriving business widely popular in Africa today still.

Here's an idea...

Let's petition the US government to introduce a UN resolution asking Germany, Austria and Poland to consider wiping the standing concentration camps away. I mean they are relics of a regime that killed 6 million people. You know, the Nazis. They kept slaves and gassed them for being an inferior race.

You're in the wrong thread.

wrote.

He even

So you view Robert E. Lee as fundamentally immoral and racist. Interesting. And yet you want him honored with statues?

Never said the thing. Those Democrats of the South wanted to keep slavery going and even into the new territories that were opened up by Andrew Jackson(Democrat) with his Manifest Destiny(war on Native Americans) but the Northern Republicans and not one Northern Democrats voted for ending slavery. So off wen the south to secede from the Union, with many uninformed southerners who thought they were fighting for states rights. The public education system which has mostly liberals in charge, started changing history to reflect the states rights idea, yet when you look at real history , it is clear the Democrat Politicians were fighting to keep their slaves. Even after the civil war, those on the left wanted to white wash history such as Woodrow Wilson and LBJ, and used KKK members like Robert Byrd to go against blacks and terrorize them as they did back in the late 1800's. The book below shows with bullet points and pictures what the Democrats of old and new thought about black people. Just like Hillary though about black people when she honored Margaret Sanger..

https://www.amazon.com/Setting-Record-Straight-American-History/dp/1932225277&tag=ff0d01-20
GREAT TRUE FACTS - SHOWS SOUTHERN DEMO'S WERE KKK MEMBERS IN CONGRESS WHO OPPOSED CIVIL RIGHTS ACT AND OTHER THINGS WHICH IKE WANTED BUT LBJ AND OTHERS OPPOSED WHEN LEADERS IN CONGRESS.

Are you even aware that Lee was a Democrat?

And? Abraham Lincoln was a Republican that wanted the have blacks treated as equals. But you Democrats went out of your way to keep the blacks, Native Americans, German Americans, Japanese Americans, and any other American from being equal. It is the liberal elitist way to divide and conquer, that way the liberals elites can have the power. Such stupid people who vote Dumbocrat..

We all know yesterday Dems are todays Pubs.

Also Sager was not a racist.

You of course fall into the revisionist theory also, as anyone who wants to subjugate people are new age liberals, not classical liberals(conservatives). Yep stay ignorant, as liberal elites love how stupid you are...slave.

He's fully on board with the lying and racist violence, and knows he is. He doesn't get to play the 'Stupid' card.

When you lie about what I believe, you have lost the argument. I can probably whip up a participation trophy for you though,

if it will make you feel better.

Here's an idea...

You're in the wrong thread.

No, I'm not. You don't get to tell me what thread I can comment in. If you can't answer my argument perhaps you should just say so. There's no shame in it.

Forum List

Back