Analyzing A Practical Minimum Wage

We aren't talking about more money "just because" either. We are talking about making low wage workers contributing members to society and our economy.

No you're not. You're talking about making their jobs illegal.

Welfare subsidized labor SHOULD be illegal.

But what about those not on welfare? I agree with you, companies shouldn't be able to hire people on welfare. But if someone wants to work for less than what you consider 'minimal', it really shouldn't be anyone else's business.

Seriously, Jack. Wouldn't a stipulation that companies can't hire anyone on public assistance address your concerns?

We aren't talking about more money "just because" either. We are talking about making low wage workers contributing members to society and our economy.

How about they work harder and become productive members of society like everyone else does?
I gotta ask,how old are you?

And some of the hardest work I have ever done has been for the least amount of money. Fast food for example, is a job that is frequently put down. But in truth, it is a hot, hectic, dangerous job that requires a variety of skills and specialized job knowledge. Those people work a lot harder than most people out there who earn twice as much or more.

No you're not. You're talking about making their jobs illegal.

Welfare subsidized labor SHOULD be illegal.

But what about those not on welfare? I agree with you, companies shouldn't be able to hire people on welfare. But if someone wants to work for less than what you consider 'minimal', it really shouldn't be anyone else's business.

Then I suppose you support illegal immigration then too?

Minimum wage is to protect entry level workers.

It is not the ticket to a middle class life.

Nobody is supposed to raise a family on minimum wage.
Get fuckin' real.

Minimum wage is the base for all wages.

Entry level workers shouldn't be able to support themselves?

'Nobody is supposed to raise a family on minimum wage.' Who said that?

Seriously, Jack. Wouldn't a stipulation that companies can't hire anyone on public assistance address your concerns?

Not really. Because it doesn't put more money into the economy. A lack of spending and insufficient market liquidity is why our economy is in the crapper right now. Putting money back in the pockets of workers will fix a whole lotta problems, not just welfare.

Not really. Because it doesn't put more money into the economy. A lack of spending and insufficient market liquidity is why our economy is in the crapper right now. Putting money back in the pockets of workers will fix a whole lotta problems, not just welfare.

And you think just mandating that labor costs more will achieve that???

Let me ask you this. If fast food meals suddenly cost fifty percent more, how would it affect your purchasing decisions regarding fast food?

Not this shit again.....do you honestly think you're bringing something new to this board?
Same old tired shit from the left.

Pay for the working class of the United States of America is 'tired shit from the left.'

Sociopath: A person with a psychopathic personality whose behavior is antisocial, often criminal, and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.

Seems to fit you well.....

Let me ask you this. If fast food meals suddenly cost fifty percent more, how would it affect your purchasing decisions regarding fast food?

All historical data shows that wage increases do not drive inflation. Just the opposite in fact. The min wage today is 26% less than in 1974. Is your cost of living 26% less. The market value of a product has nothing to do with your operating expenses or business model.

Even if it did. I would still rather CHOOSE what products to buy and businesses to support, rather than being mandated so subsidize a socialized labor force.

10676282_847496205271489_5405667804504171917_n.jpg

All historical data shows that wage increases do not drive inflation. Just the opposite in fact. The min wage today is 26% less than in 1974. Is your cost of living 26% less. The market value of a product has nothing to do with your operating expenses or business model.

Even if it did. I would still rather CHOOSE what products to buy and businesses to support, rather than being mandated so subsidize a socialized labor force.

So, you dodged the question. Would you by the same amount of something if it cost more? Or would you buy less?

I am single, live nicely on HALF of that each month.

Possible. But you are not the average American worker. Maybe your rent is a lot cheaper, maybe you have other advantages that we don't know about. The figures presented there are for a national average.

Minimum wage should not be set to allow someone the ability to afford average rent.

Also, minimum wage is not intended to allow someone to subsist all by themselves. Spouses, teens, and those working second jobs do not need a high minimum wage.

So, you dodged the question. Would you by the same amount of something if it cost more? Or would you buy less?

Your question is invalid as there would be no price increases.

And, as I said, I would much rather have the choice of what and how much I was buying, rather than being government mandated to support the profits of private companies.

Seriously guys, this minimum wage stuff really shines a light on 'stupid'. Beat on another drum.

No one gives a crap about poor people, until you're poor.

Minimum wage has nothing at all to do with caring about poor people.

It certainly does when those workers are on public assistance. Min wage is nowhere near enough to live on. Even 9 or 10 bucks an hour is not enough.

Maybe. As I've said repeatedly. The issue you're whining about is solved indisputably by prohibiting employers from hiring people on public assistance. It, effectively, achieves what you're after - it prevents employers from paying people less than they could make on public assistance. But it preserves the liberty of people who want to work for less. What is wrong with that?

Forum List

Back