An Apology to African Americans

And without the provider, there are no slaves.

Done with this nonsense

So you have no proof to this? I agree it's nonsense.

You said...

"History proves that the Black Americans that seem angry over them are just as likely to be the descendants of African Slave Merchants as they are to be descendants of Slaves"

And your historical proof is...

Done with this nonsense

So you have no proof to this? I agree it's nonsense.

You said...

"History proves that the Black Americans that seem angry over them are just as likely to be the descendants of African Slave Merchants as they are to be descendants of Slaves"

And your historical proof is...

You lose and keep coming back for more

^^^^^ says the African slave trader apologist

Nuff said

Who's the apologist. I agree. Slavery is bad.

Done with this nonsense

It would seem that Africans are taking more responsibility for their role in the slave trade:

"The Civil Rights Congress of Nigeria has written to tribal chiefs saying: "We cannot continue to blame the white men, as Africans, particularly the traditional rulers, are not blameless.""

"The shameful history of some traditional leaders remains an awkward subject on which many politicians prefer to maintain silence. One exception was in 1998 when Yoweri Museveni, the president of Uganda, told an audience including Bill Clinton: "African chiefs were the ones waging war on each other and capturing their own people and selling them. If anyone should apologise it should be the African chiefs. We still have those traitors here even today.""

African chiefs urged to apologise for slave trade

Odd the we don't have a better understanding of this in the US.

Last edited:
It would seem that Africans are taking more responsibility for their role in the slave trade:

"The Civil Rights Congress of Nigeria has written to tribal chiefs saying: "We cannot continue to blame the white men, as Africans, particularly the traditional rulers, are not blameless.""

"The shameful history of some traditional leaders remains an awkward subject on which many politicians prefer to maintain silence. One exception was in 1998 when Yoweri Museveni, the president of Uganda, told an audience including Bill Clinton: "African chiefs were the ones waging war on each other and capturing their own people and selling them. If anyone should apologise it should be the African chiefs. We still have those traitors here even today.""

What do you mean. I think everybody realizes that. I think Africa focuses on African's part of the slave trade and in the USA we focus more on our part of it. Just like how here we focus on illegal immigration into the US a lot more than we focus on illegal immigration into Bolivia. Or we focus on high tax rates in the US rather than Belgium.

I believe that if someone tries saying "well in Turkey their illegal immigration is much worse than in the US" that's a deflection about US immigration if that's the topic.

What do you mean. I think everybody realizes that. I think Africa focuses on African's part of the slave trade and in the USA we focus more on our part of it. Just like how here we focus on illegal immigration into the US a lot more than we focus on illegal immigration into Bolivia. Or we focus on high tax rates in the US rather than Belgium.

I believe that if someone tries saying "well in Turkey their illegal immigration is much worse than in the US" that's a deflection about US immigration if that's the topic.

My response was to Pop23 where he said: "And without the provider, there are no slaves.".

It is a bit confusing. The outrage over the statues. History proves that the Black Americans that seem angry over them are just as likely to be the descendants of African Slave Merchants as they are to be descendants of Slaves.

But where the hell is the discussion of that fact.

It's non existent

Really... Source? Or are you just creating something based out of thin air to support your racist leanings while trying to hide them?

I see 4 million black slaves in the US at the time of the Civil war. Are you saying that there was another 4 million immigrants who participated in the slave trade?

And are you also saying that only descendants of slaves can be upset about people that fought the USA to preserve slavery?
I think what he's saying is in addition to the African tribesmen who captured and sold other Black Africans into slavery there were many other Blacks involved in the latter transactions. For example, free Black Africans were the crewmen on all of the Arab slave-trader ships. Free Blacks served as "handlers" in slave auction houses and some of them eventually became dealers, runaway slave "chasers" and worker "drivers" on the larger plantations -- many of whom were more cruel than were the White "drivers" (whip "crackers").

While the overall number of these free Black slavers was relatively small they did exist and they undoubtedly contributed to the contemporary American Black census. So without having some means of documented verification no contemporary Black can say with certainty that he or she descended from slaves. (See, The Hemingses of Monticello, by Annette Gordon-Reid.)

Last edited:
I think what he's saying is in addition to the African tribesmen who captured and sold other Black Africans into slavery there were many other Blacks involved in the latter transactions. For example, free Black Africans were the crewmen on all of the Arab slave-trader ships. Free Blacks served as "handlers" in slave auction houses and some of them eventually became dealers, runaway slave "chasers" and worker "drivers" on the larger plantations -- many of whom were more cruel than were the White "drivers" (whip "crackers").

While the overall number of these free Black slavers was relatively small they did exist and they undoubtedly contributed to the contemporary Black census. So without having some means of documented verification no contemporary Black can say with certainty that he or she descended from slaves.

I agree fully with what you said there. It's the unfounded "as likely to descend from them" that I disagree with and asked for proof to support that claim. Otherwise it seems like racist misinformation.

It is a bit confusing. The outrage over the statues. History proves that the Black Americans that seem angry over them are just as likely to be the descendants of African Slave Merchants as they are to be descendants of Slaves.

But where the hell is the discussion of that fact.

It's non existent

Really... Source? Or are you just creating something based out of thin air to support your racist leanings while trying to hide them?

I see 4 million black slaves in the US at the time of the Civil war. Are you saying that there was another 4 million immigrants who participated in the slave trade?

And are you also saying that only descendants of slaves can be upset about people that fought the USA to preserve slavery?

While the overall number of these free Black slavers was relatively small they did exist and they undoubtedly contributed to the contemporary American Black census. So without having some means of documented verification no contemporary Black can say with certainty that he or she descended from slaves.

True, but also consider that African slavery went on for thousands of years. Makes it kinda hard to say there weren't hundreds of thousands involved, who then had offspring that had offspring.

Kinda tough to say anyone's heritage is pure as the driven snow

While the overall number of these free Black slavers was relatively small they did exist and they undoubtedly contributed to the contemporary Black census. So without having some means of documented verification no contemporary Black can say with certainty that he or she descended from slaves.

I agree fully with what you said there. It's the unfounded "as likely to descend from them" that I disagree with and asked for proof to support that claim. Otherwise it seems like racist misinformation.

Only if you have a bias. I have none. The fact is, proving that anybody of African heritage is clean from the stain of slave trading is statistically impossible since it went on for over 4000 years.

True, but also consider that African slavery went on for thousands of years. Makes it kinda hard to say there weren't hundreds of thousands involved, who then had offspring that had offspring.

Kinda tough to say anyone's heritage is pure as the driven snow

Nice, Now you are making up facts. Isn't that EXACTLY what you said racism was?

When it's "Kinda hard to say" but you try and pass that off as proof?

Only if you have a bias. I have none. The fact is, proving that anybody of African heritage is clean from the stain of slave trading is statistically impossible since it went on for over 4000 years.

And back to the question pages ago, what is your point with this anyways?

^^^^^ says the African slave trader apologist

Nuff said

Who's the apologist. I agree. Slavery is bad.

Done with this nonsense

You realize I stated what you have in caps, and was acussed of it being racist.

NOW THATS FUNNY!

Nice. Again, do you have a number to support your claim though of half or more?

And back to the question pages ago, what is your point with this anyways?

Dude, I stated a fact to add perspective. You got a hard on and blathered here and there about it.

Answer your own question, what's your point?

You realize I stated what you have in caps, and was acussed of it being racist.

NOW THATS FUNNY!

No.. You were deemed racist by your own definition of misrepresenting facts. Again. If it's a fact, show the evidence of half. NOBODY is arguing that some were. I'm just wondering where you got the information for your claim for half.

Forum List

Back