Amy Coney Barrett's America

Barrett will shift the supreme court from a 5-4 conservative majority to a 6-3 super-majority, a move that could fundamentally reshape America. Goodbye civil rights, hello Gilead.

There's absolutely nothing to suggest this will be the case.

Stop whining.

That said, it pleases me that her confirmation upsets you so...
Rule of thumb: If it pisses off leftists, it's good for America.

Can not understand how two wrongs can ever make a right. Either it was wrong to postpone a court appointment or it was right. So what changed in 4 years?

Can not understand how two wrongs can ever make a right. Either it was wrong to postpone a court appointment or it was right. So what changed in 4 years?

Nothing, the same party owned the Senate. If party had changed the results would have been rightfully different. Biden did a 180 on the issue. Had the roles been reversed the Democrats would have done the same and the Democrats would be happy and the Republicans would have cried foul.

If you sincerely believe that your way is the best way to run the nation, then by all means, you secure that way.

"So that’s that then. The confirmation hearings are over and it is almost inevitable that Amy Coney Barrett will be confirmed as a supreme court justice before the November election. Barrett will shift the supreme court from a 5-4 conservative majority to a 6-3 super-majority, a move that could fundamentally reshape America. Goodbye civil rights, hello Gilead.

You’ve got to hand it to the Republicans really; they get things done. They don’t care about being called hypocrites. They don’t care about ignoring Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s dying wish that she not be replaced until after the election. They don’t care about common decency. They don’t care about democracy. They just care about power – and they will do whatever it takes to get it."

No, Republicans and conservatives don’t care about any of that.
Oh, this "sky is falling" thread again.

:auiqs.jpg:

Unhinged.

Most of you people on here make me sick. You do not give a shit about anyone's rights but your own. You put party ideology over people, the country and the constitution. You put your own political fortunes ahead of everything by pandering to the the moronic minions on the right who have hijacked the party and are attempting to hijack that country.

You have nothing but contempt for civil rights, the constitution and the principles that this once great country was founded on. This woman, Amy Comey Barrot Amy Covid Bryant( As in Anita)is poison. She is unAmerican locust pie. Be careful what you ask for because, remember, first they came for the Gypsies , then they came for the gays, then they came for the Jews. No body, including you people will be safe when they decide that even you are not enough of a fascist or a good enough Chistian to be allowed to live.

Update

When the US Supreme Court illegitimately redefined marriage in 2015 with their anti-
constitutional ruling in the Obergefell case, NOM vowed to work every day to overturn that decision. People said we were crazy to think that was possible. We were mocked and ridiculed by LGBT activists for even suggesting that the Supreme Court would ever reverse their ruling imposing gay ‘marriage.’ Regardless, NOM pressed on and now the supposedly unthinkable is clearly within sight.

They don’t think we’re crazy any longer.

The National Organization for Marriage is not for marriage at all. Marriage as an institution has been streingthened but making it more inclusive. Same sex couples get divorced at a far lower rate than heterosexuals. They adopt children into loving homes where those children can now enjoy the security and stability of having two legal parents who are both their legal guardians.

But no, they are for the narrow definition of marriage that they support. They are motivated by bigotry and religiopus zeal and care nothing for the human beings that would be harmed if they succeed. Shit, they do not even see them as human beings who are fully functioning and contributing members of society and the community. They do not even care about the kids and are stupid enought to thing that preventing gays from marrying would stop them from being parents. In reality it would just put the kids ayt a legal, social and ecconomic disadvantage.

I have nothing but contempt for people who seek to deprive others of what they, themselves have, simply because they disapprove of them, and when extending the same rights that they enjoy to them costs the NOTHING.

So lets see who is ready to defend this bullshit. Bring it on

Most of you people on here make me sick. You do not give a shit about anyone's rights but your own.
That's rich.
The National Organization for Marriage is not for marriage at all. Marriage as an institution has been streingthened but making it more inclusive. Same sex couples get divorced at a far lower rate than heterosexuals. They adopt children into loving homes where those children can now enjoy the security and stability of having two legal parents who are both their legal guardians.

But no, they are for the narrow definition of marriage that they support. They are motivated by bigotry and religiopus zeal and care nothing for the human beings that would be harmed if they succeed. Shit, they do not even see them as human beings who are fully functioning and contributing members of society and the community. They do not even care about the kids and are stupid enought to thing that preventing gays from marrying would stop them from being parents. In reality it would just put the kids ayt a legal, social and ecconomic disadvantage.

I have nothing but contempt for people who seek to deprive others of what they, themselves have, simply because they disapprove of them, and when extending the same rights that they enjoy to them costs the NOTHING.

Let me ask you, should I have the right to own a state-of-the-art military infantry rifle, like the M4 assault rifle?

(answer carefully. this is a trap)

That's rich.

Let me ask you, should I have the right to own a state-of-the-art military infantry rifle, like the M4 assault rifle?

(answer carefully. this is a trap)
False equivalency logical fallacy bullshit. Military weapons kill people en masse. Marriage is healing and life affirming. Now do you have anything at all that is relavent to add? Now you are the one in the trap.

Not falling for you false equivalency logical fallacgt bullshit. Military weapons kill people en masse. Marriage is healing and life affirming. Noe do you have anything at all that is relavent to add?
But, lemme give you another one.

Should I have the right to refuse the vaccine without losing the right to participate in society unrestricted?

(you're gonna fall for it again, I promise)

Most of you people on here make me sick. You do not give a shit about anyone's rights but your own. You put party ideology over people, the country and the constitution. You put your own political fortunes ahead of everything by pandering to the the moronic minions on the right who have hijacked the party and are attempting to hijack that country.

You have nothing but contempt for civil rights, the constitution and the principles that this once great country was founded on. This woman, Amy Comey Barrot Amy Covid Bryant( As in Anita)is poison. She is unAmerican locust pie. Be careful what you ask for because, remember, first they came for the Gypsies , then they came for the gays, then they came for the Jews. No body, including you people will be safe when they decide that even you are not enough of a fascist or a good enough Chistian to be allowed to live.

Update

Really westwall ? What exactly do you disagree with? Can you actually articulate you position or can you only react with a knee jerk?

Forum List

Back