Americas Rape Culture

I think America has an over sexed culture. Don't all societies? After all, when it comes down to it, we'd be fools to deny we are nothing but animals in the end.

Included in that oversexed culture is the wink and nod to rape fetish. The reason it is tolerated, is because many women have rape fantasies. If they didn't, it wouldn't be tolerated.
Don’t Call Them “Rape Fantasies”
Study after study has revealed that one of women’s most popular erotic fantasies is being raped.

And as long as men are in power, they will empathize with those men who they seem to understand can't seem to control themselves.

If you don't believe me, go ask Bernie.

Man_and_Woman_0.jpg

It's part of the human condition. We must rise above our baser instincts and toward our higher civilized, enlightened and nobler characteristics.

In our society? Men, women, children, animals, and the environment are not only being devalued, they are being raped.

Kurt's song is sarcasm about rape and statements such as yours. Lol. :D

Bullshit, it's about surviving rape.

He told Spin, "It's like she's saying, 'Rape me, go ahead, rape me, beat me. You'll never kill me. I'll survive this and I'm gonna fucking rape you one of these days and you won't even know it.'"

It is also a protest song against the establishment. And establishment that encourages the raping of everyone.

Nirvana had wanted to play "Rape Me" during its performance at the 1992 MTV Video Music Awards. While MTV initially told the band they could play any song they wanted, the network later insisted that the group play "Smells Like Teen Spirit" instead. Hours before the show, Nirvana refused to play. However, due to concerns that the network could boycott other artists on the group's label if the group refused to play the show, Nirvana ultimately settled on performing its then-latest single "Lithium". At the start of the performance, Cobain started playing and singing "Rape Me" instead; he said he did so "just to give [MTV] a little heart palpitation". Panicked, MTV was moments away from switching from the live performance to a commercial when the band stopped playing "Rape Me" and started playing "Lithium".[3]

Appreciate your concern
You'll always stink and burn

It's not about the money, it's about the message noob.

He died because he was fed up with this fucked up corrupt system that sucked his soul dry. One can only self-medicate to relieve the pain so much. Don't be an idiot.

I see you are losing your "cool" and resorting to name calling. Lol. I also notice that you left this out of your post, "Kurt Cobain conceived "Rape Me" as a life-affirming anti-rape song." :D

Fine, you're right, I'm getting frustrated because I believe we are talking about the same thing, but I believe you are being too obtuse to pick up on that fact.

I don't know about that. Lol. You believe that women want to be raped? No, they do not. Rape "fantasies" are limited to men the women find attractive. That is not usually the way it goes in a real rape. Real rape is not pleasant, you get beaten and humiliated in most instances. It is a tactic of humiliation and degradation. It doesn't even have much to do with "sex" for most rapists.

I didn't say women "want to be raped."

What I wrote was, "women have rape fantasies."

From 1973 through 2008, nine surveys of women’s rape fantasies have been published. They show that about four in 10 women admit having them (31 to 57 percent) with a median frequency of about once a month. Actual prevalence of rape fantasies is probably higher because women may not feel comfortable admitting them.

For the latest report (Bivona, J. and J. Critelli. “The Nature of Women’s Rape Fantasies: An Analysis of Prevalence, Frequency, and Contents,” Journal of Sex Research (2009) 46:33), psychologists at North Texas University asked 355 college women: How often have you fantasized being overpowered/forced/raped by a man/woman to have oral/vaginal/anal sex against your will?

Sixty-two percent said they’d had at least one such fantasy. But responses varied depending on the terminology used. When asked about being “overpowered by a man,” 52 percent said they’d had that fantasy, the situation most typically depicted in women’s romance fiction. But when the term was “rape,” only 32 percent said they’d had the fantasy. These findings are in the same ballpark as previous reports.

Frequency of rape fantasies varied substantially. Thirty-eight percent of respondents never had them. Of those who did, 25 percent reported such fantasies less than once a year. Thirteen percent had them a few times a year, 11 percent once a month, 8 percent once a week, and 5 percent several times a week. (Twenty-one percent of the respondents said they’d been sexually assaulted in real life.)

Rape fantasies can be either erotic or aversive. In erotic fantasies, the woman thinks: “I’m being forced and I enjoy it.” In aversive fantasies, she thinks: “I’m being forced and I hate it.” Forty-five-percent of the women in the recent survey had fantasies that were entirely erotic. Nine percent were entirely aversive. And 46 percent were mixed.

What do rape fantasies mean? I believe they are no different from any other fantasies. They are neither wrong nor perverted. They imply nothing about one’s mental health or real-life sexual inclinations. They just happen, to somewhere around half of women. Rape or near-rape fantasies are surprisingly common.
I have rape fantasies. I read it was about control or something but do you know why? I feel pretty embarrassed about it and would never tell anyone (not even my boyfriend of 8 years). | The Angry Therapist

If you want to pay to see the primary source of the study, or if you are using a University database, knock yourself out. I'm not making this shit up. Sorry if facts contradict your feminist world view.
The nature of women's rape fantasies: an analysis of prevalence, frequency, and contents. - PubMed - NCBI

Do NOT put thoughts in my head, and I will not interpret what these fantasies mean.

If you say women have fantasies that "are limited to men the women find attractive," fine, I'll believe you.

But, in a civilized society, if you want to get rid of a "culture of rape," it's going to be an uphill battle when half of all women are fantasizing about it. . . .

One in twenty, several times a week?! :eek-52:

He told Spin, "It's like she's saying, 'Rape me, go ahead, rape me, beat me. You'll never kill me. I'll survive this and I'm gonna fucking rape you one of these days and you won't even know it.'"

It is also a protest song against the establishment. And establishment that encourages the raping of everyone.

Nirvana had wanted to play "Rape Me" during its performance at the 1992 MTV Video Music Awards. While MTV initially told the band they could play any song they wanted, the network later insisted that the group play "Smells Like Teen Spirit" instead. Hours before the show, Nirvana refused to play. However, due to concerns that the network could boycott other artists on the group's label if the group refused to play the show, Nirvana ultimately settled on performing its then-latest single "Lithium". At the start of the performance, Cobain started playing and singing "Rape Me" instead; he said he did so "just to give [MTV] a little heart palpitation". Panicked, MTV was moments away from switching from the live performance to a commercial when the band stopped playing "Rape Me" and started playing "Lithium".[3]

Appreciate your concern

He died because he was fed up with this fucked up corrupt system that sucked his soul dry. One can only self-medicate to relieve the pain so much. Don't be an idiot.

I see you are losing your "cool" and resorting to name calling. Lol. I also notice that you left this out of your post, "Kurt Cobain conceived "Rape Me" as a life-affirming anti-rape song." :D
Fine, you're right, I'm getting frustrated because I believe we are talking about the same thing, but I believe you are being too obtuse to pick up on that fact.

I don't know about that. Lol. You believe that women want to be raped? No, they do not. Rape "fantasies" are limited to men the women find attractive. That is not usually the way it goes in a real rape. Real rape is not pleasant, you get beaten and humiliated in most instances. It is a tactic of humiliation and degradation. It doesn't even have much to do with "sex" for most rapists.

From 1973 through 2008, nine surveys of women’s rape fantasies have been published. They show that about four in 10 women admit having them (31 to 57 percent) with a median frequency of about once a month. Actual prevalence of rape fantasies is probably higher because women may not feel comfortable admitting them.

For the latest report (Bivona, J. and J. Critelli. “The Nature of Women’s Rape Fantasies: An Analysis of Prevalence, Frequency, and Contents,” Journal of Sex Research (2009) 46:33), psychologists at North Texas University asked 355 college women: How often have you fantasized being overpowered/forced/raped by a man/woman to have oral/vaginal/anal sex against your will?

Sixty-two percent said they’d had at least one such fantasy. But responses varied depending on the terminology used. When asked about being “overpowered by a man,” 52 percent said they’d had that fantasy, the situation most typically depicted in women’s romance fiction. But when the term was “rape,” only 32 percent said they’d had the fantasy. These findings are in the same ballpark as previous reports.

Frequency of rape fantasies varied substantially. Thirty-eight percent of respondents never had them. Of those who did, 25 percent reported such fantasies less than once a year. Thirteen percent had them a few times a year, 11 percent once a month, 8 percent once a week, and 5 percent several times a week. (Twenty-one percent of the respondents said they’d been sexually assaulted in real life.)

Rape fantasies can be either erotic or aversive. In erotic fantasies, the woman thinks: “I’m being forced and I enjoy it.” In aversive fantasies, she thinks: “I’m being forced and I hate it.” Forty-five-percent of the women in the recent survey had fantasies that were entirely erotic. Nine percent were entirely aversive. And 46 percent were mixed.

What do rape fantasies mean? I believe they are no different from any other fantasies. They are neither wrong nor perverted. They imply nothing about one’s mental health or real-life sexual inclinations. They just happen, to somewhere around half of women. Rape or near-rape fantasies are surprisingly common.
I have rape fantasies. I read it was about control or something but do you know why? I feel pretty embarrassed about it and would never tell anyone (not even my boyfriend of 8 years). | The Angry Therapist

If you want to pay to see the primary source of the study, or if you are using a University database, knock yourself out. I'm not making this shit up. Sorry if facts contradict your feminist world view.
The nature of women's rape fantasies: an analysis of prevalence, frequency, and contents. - PubMed - NCBI

Do NOT put thoughts in my head, and I will not interpret what these fantasies mean.

If you say women have fantasies that "are limited to men the women find attractive," fine, I'll believe you.

But, in a civilized society, if you want to get rid of a "culture of rape," it's going to be an uphill battle when half of all women are fantasizing about it. . . .

I wonder how many MEN have "rape" fantasies? :D

Appreciate your concern

There you go, blaming women. Fantasies don't mean anything. Lol.

Appreciate your concern

Why not say what you think? Do you think women are actually fantasizing about being punched in the face, beaten up and raped by some guy they are not attracted to and perhaps find disgusting?

There is no "rape culture" in the United States. Like I mentioned earlier, if you want to talk about "rape culture," you need to look towards the Middle East. Allegations of rape made here in the US are investigated, and if the perpetrator is found "guilty" they are then prosecuted.
I think we may disagree about what we're talking about in "rape culture" in the US. I posted examples. Where Tommy and I differ, is that I feel America isn't alone in having cultural displays that devalue women and are indirectly supportive of rape.

I don't think Americans are generally "in support" of rape and there is no "rape culture" in the US. There is in the ME though!
It's someone connecting the dots about what is and isn't being expressed in our culture that indirectly supports rape. See the examples I listed from a prior article.

Appreciate your concern

belarus-straw-figurine-of-a-woman-with-an-apron-and-headband-full-view_medium.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

To summarise then it looks like its all the girls fault.

What a bizarre take on sexual relationships you have.

Aaaaaand to summarize you, you take statements out of context and distort peoples positions. Typical progressive response when you don't like the fact that your meme is being destroyed.

The facts are there is no such thing as an "American Rape Culture" any more than there is a Welsh, or UK "rape culture". There are simply assholes (of both sexes) who rape for their sick enjoyment, and then there are the bottom feeders, such as yourself, who attempt to make political hash out of purely criminal behavior. You are almost as disgusting as the vermin who engage in rape.
You re an idiot. The responses on here indicate that there are issues in regards to attitudes to women.
Dress sensible,dont get drunk get in the kitchen. Sick.
Yep. We want them all in burkas. Fashionable and sensible attire.

Especially this time of year.

But we really don't want them in the kitchen.

I prefer mine young, barefoot and pregnant.

Aaaaaand to summarize you, you take statements out of context and distort peoples positions. Typical progressive response when you don't like the fact that your meme is being destroyed.

The facts are there is no such thing as an "American Rape Culture" any more than there is a Welsh, or UK "rape culture". There are simply assholes (of both sexes) who rape for their sick enjoyment, and then there are the bottom feeders, such as yourself, who attempt to make political hash out of purely criminal behavior. You are almost as disgusting as the vermin who engage in rape.
You re an idiot. The responses on here indicate that there are issues in regards to attitudes to women.

No, the "attitude" is be responsible for your actions. If you get drunk and have sex, don't go around saying you were raped or assaulted when you suddenly decide you made a poor decision.
What if you were in no position to make a decision ?
Then it is....

Wait for it.....

Rape!

belarus-straw-figurine-of-a-woman-with-an-apron-and-headband-full-view_medium.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Where's the straw man? :D No straw man. You said yourself in your other post that things will not get better because women have "rape fantasies" in so many words. Lol. You must understand the difference between fantasy and reality.

No, the idiot is you, who attempt to politicize a very real CRIMINAL problem, which does nothing to address the very real issues involved. You merely flap your gums and think you are making some profound observation when in fact you are merely engaging in self gratification. You submit nothing that is beneficial, and in fact cause harm by ignoring the very real issues involved. In short you're a typical myopic progressive silly person.
Once again you spout crap.the politicisation seems to be coming from the Right who seem to be seeing a "liberal agenda" and "feminist" politicking.
The "very real issues" that you refer to seem to be that men see drunken women as fair game. Its not an American issue or a British issue.Its a male issue. If you choose to engage in the thread rather than just hurl abuse then we can discuss it. However I suggest that you sober up first.

Wrong. We KNOW who these criminals are and you progressive pricks keep making exceptions for these pricks. You claim it's "societies fault" and they are "merely misunderstood", or "were forced to do their horrible crimes because of bad parenting" and a whole host of other bullcrap. The facts are people who rape could make other choices but don't, and when caught, should spend the rest of their lives in prison.

But no, apologist progressive simpletons like you try and make it a political issue and fight for the release of these violent criminals.

No one thinks raping a sleeping woman is "fair game" you twit. That is rape in any book. The issue comes when drunk women, who are still very much awake, engage in sex that they then regret. That is the issue. Moronic assholes like you try to make that the political issue and it isn't. It is a very real problem that truly does need to be addressed, but your gum flapping does nothing to fix that, it merely presents you with yet another opportunity to spout your "I'm superior to you" infantile repartee.

You're pathetic.

Tommy is simply expressing his hatred of the US in a new way. He's already done 'America is just the same as Russia', and he's done 'the American gvmnt is no better than isis' and he's declared in no uncertain terms that he believes American uni students should be 'protected from' even hearing left wingers speak on campus, and that they should in fact be banned from doing so. This is simply another way for him to attack a country he utterly despises.
And utterly misunderstands.

We American men are Neanderthals who drag our women into caves and we ply them with alcohol so that we may sexually abuse them while they are passed out.

No, the "attitude" is be responsible for your actions. If you get drunk and have sex, don't go around saying you were raped or assaulted when you suddenly decide you made a poor decision.
Then it is....

Wait for it.....

Rape!
Well done, you are getting it old fella.

Appreciate your concern

Why not say what you think? Do you think women are actually fantasizing about being punched in the face, beaten up and raped by some guy they are not attracted to and perhaps find disgusting?
Well. . .

It boggles the mind, and I don't understanding it, but I've never claimed to understand women. But according to the statistics, there have to be a few. . . . .

If there are, I'd say there were sick in the head. Evolutionary biologists might have a different take on it though.

Then it is....

Wait for it.....

Rape!

I seem to remember a recent "scandal" involving sexual abuse involving some high officials in England. Hmm. Rape culture?

Appreciate your concern

Raping or being raped?

Then it is....

Wait for it.....

Rape!

I seem to remember a recent "scandal" involving sexual abuse involving some high officials in England. Hmm. Rape culture?
Nope. Only America has a rape culture.

Raping or being raped?

Both! Let's face the facts, it isn't women who are going around "raping" people in most instances, and the "rapist" is not aware of the woman's private fantasies, so you were the one with a strawman, I would say. ;)

Then it is....

Wait for it.....

Rape!
Tommy!

I already had "it" a long time ago.

But I still prefer my women barefoot and pregnant.

My wife looks great in her fashionable burka.

Where's the straw man? :D No straw man. You said yourself in your other post that things will not get better because women have "rape fantasies" in so many words. Lol. You must understand the difference between fantasy and reality.
Society and popular media in a free society caters to the will of the people.

You are telling me that I am "blaming" groups of people for the way things are.

It sounds more like you are whining or creating arguments about things being the way they are because reality may not conform to the way you think it should be. We need to investigate why things are the way they are, there are no good guys, there are no bad guys, just explanations for reality.

Forum List

Back