American workers are demanding almost $80,000 a year to take a new job

Bidenflation is making it impossible to live on a traditional wage. Most people do not have the skills to generate enough value to pay them $80,000 per year.

Keep it up, pretty soon the average rent will exceed $3000.00 a month.

• The amount of money most workers want now to accept a job reached a record high this year.
  • Employers have been trying to keep pace with the wage demands, pushing the average full-time offer up to $69,475, a 14% surge in the past year.
  • The numbers are significant in that wages increasingly have been recognized as a driving force in inflation.

$40 an hour should be minimum wage.

Do the math.

80k a year is 40 an hour, which works out to 1200 a week after taxes.

The LOWEST rent for an apartment in Burbank is 2k a month, and the accountants say that should be no more than 1/3 of your income.

Therefore your after tax income should be 6000 a month, and therefore 40 an hour is NOT ENOUGH.

You really want cheap labor bad, don't you? Are you going to make that a plank of the GOP in 2024, rolling back wages, cutting off social security disability, etc? Figure to get support of the voters, are you? :auiqs.jpg:

• "The numbers are significant in that wages increasingly have been recognized as a driving force in inflation."

You're missing my point. I want to keep inflation in check, and I want to see Americans all returning to work.

• The amount of money most workers want now to accept a job reached a record high this year.
  • Employers have been trying to keep pace with the wage demands, pushing the average full-time offer up to $69,475, a 14% surge in the past year.
  • The numbers are significant in that wages increasingly have been recognized as a driving force in inflation.

It’s tragic what the cost of living has come to after the xiden/demafasict policies have wreak havoc across the economy

lol

WTF are you hiring a fresh grad for?

That's not a young people job.

You put that job in the hands of a young person, you'll wake up one morning with a surprise bill for cloud computing.

And if that doesn't get you slowloris will.
Less expensive resources, coaching opportunities, molding resources and building the baseline for a future career path. It's like building a credit score .. you need the first "thing" to build from, and then you demonstrate your level of responsibility to raise / lower your credit worthiness.

• "The numbers are significant in that wages increasingly have been recognized as a driving force in inflation."

You're missing my point. I want to keep inflation in check, and I want to see Americans all returning to work.

I used to work for a living, though mostly in some level of salaried management, but not company ownership. Wages overtaking inflation rate is a good thing for a change. This thread is about an article, specifically stating, that $80,000 dollar is being demanded by people that companies wish to lure away from their present jobs. If established where you are, $80,000 isn't shit. I turned down similar "opportunities" of similar value at the time, myself, back in the day, rather than relocate or reestablish with a different company. Many parts of the country see that figure as below good living standard, especially if you are already established. So you and the corporatist tool that wrote the article whining you cannot steal good personnel on the cheap can just suck on it. I lost a few personnel to out of the blue offers accepted, and thought the offering companies sucked, stealing supervisors, I had trained and worked with. At times, I have gotten the occasional employee back after they found the new company and position were not all it was cracked up to be. This is a non-story. New hire and train your own, if you are worth a shit, and quit your whining. Schools are full of good people with good potential if you are worth a crap at spotting talent when the resume crosses your desk.

These social influencers are making so much money. It would be hard for them to take a flipping burger job for $10 an hour...:p

My mortgage is 802.00 per month. Hasn't gone up in 15 years. 3 doors down from me the same style house is for lease at 1850.00 per month.

These people complain about affordable housing right after minimum wage jumped from 8 to nearly 18 (what fast food joints here pay) yet they can't figure out the correlation.

The cost of profit is the greatest force destroying the economy and the lives of millions of Americans.

The only way the economy will ever balance out is if the wealthiest are forced to accept much less profit.

I used to work for a living, though mostly in some level of salaried management, but not company ownership. Wages overtaking inflation rate is a good thing for a change. This thread is about an article, specifically stating, that $80,000 dollar is being demanded by people that companies wish to lure away from their present jobs. If established where you are, $80,000 isn't shit. I turned down similar "opportunities" of similar value at the time, myself, back in the day, rather than relocate or reestablish with a different company. Many parts of the country see that figure as below good living standard, especially if you are already established. So you and the corporatist tool that wrote the article whining you cannot steal good personnel on the cheap can just suck on it. I lost a few personnel to out of the blue offers accepted, and thought the offering companies sucked, stealing supervisors, I had trained and worked with. At times, I have gotten the occasional employee back after they found the new company and position were not all it was cracked up to be. This is a non-story. New hire and train your own, if you are worth a shit, and quit your whining. Schools are full of good people with good potential if you are worth a crap at spotting talent when the resume crosses your desk.
And as wages overtake inflation, inflation will simply go upwards even higher.
I feel sorry for retired people who are watching their nest eggs have less and less buying power every day.

You really want cheap labor bad, don't you? Are you going to make that a plank of the GOP in 2024, rolling back wages, cutting off social security disability, etc? Figure to get support of the voters, are you? :auiqs.jpg:
Labor participation rate is low for some reason, cannot be because jobs aren't available because they are. To me $25/hour and benefits no degree required is a decent job so I wonder why these go unfilled. That's not cheap labor.

Less expensive resources, coaching opportunities, molding resources and building the baseline for a future career path. It's like building a credit score .. you need the first "thing" to build from, and then you demonstrate your level of responsibility to raise / lower your credit worthiness.
lol

I have 5 interns, they're all talented, but I wouldn't let them define my cloud security. That's heavy stuff, you have to know what you're doing. We're in a regulated business, we have to be compliant. If someone hacks our stuff it could instantly put us out of business.

lol

I have 5 interns, they're all talented, but I wouldn't let them define my cloud security. That's heavy stuff, you have to know what you're doing. We're in a regulated business, we have to be compliant. If someone hacks our stuff it could instantly put us out of business.
Putting them into an intermediate to advanced role would be foolish .. having them write code as a junior developer is common business practice. I'm in a regulated environment that includes PII, PHI and PFI .. and we still use junior developers -- just like every Fortune 50 company I've worked for ..

Putting them into an intermediate to advanced role would be foolish .. having them write code as a junior developer is common business practice. I'm in a regulated environment that includes PII, PHI and PFI .. and we still use junior developers -- just like every Fortune 50 company I've worked for ..
You get what you pay for, I guess.

We're freshly in the IBM cloud, and they have Terraform deeply integrated into their recommended setup.

Would you let your kids play with Terraform?

It's the world's simplest programming, but oh so dangerous.

So y'know, a kid coding in VSCode is all fine and dandy, if you have the time to teach them about container security. But production level stuff is different. I could tell you stories... I used to lead red teams, if that rings a bell. :)

You get what you pay for, I guess.

We're freshly in the IBM cloud, and they have Terraform deeply integrated into their recommended setup.

Would you let your kids play with Terraform?

It's the world's simplest programming, but oh so dangerous.

So y'know, a kid coding in VSCode is all fine and dandy, if you have the time to teach them about container security. But production level stuff is different. I could tell you stories... I used to lead red teams, if that rings a bell. :)
I'm not into infrastructure as code platforms .. more into the software design, development and architecture of things including application architecture, solution architecture, enterprise architecture and business architecture.

Labor participation rate is low for some reason, cannot be because jobs aren't available because they are. To me $25/hour and benefits no degree required is a decent job so I wonder why these go unfilled. That's not cheap labor.
When someone else is paying more those jobSHOULD go unfilled. I'm happy they aren't being done.

Forum List

Back