America, are you on your knees yet waiting to buy an electric car?

Have the soaring gas prices convinced you that Biden is right, you need to buy an electric car? Or will he have to raise gas prices even higher to force..........er...........um.............to change your mind?

There is one little problem though, once you spend around $90 thousand for an electric car, after so many miles they have a slight tendency to catch fire and spontaneously combust.

Oh, and if it does not spontaneously combust, the battery will eventually go and cost you a sweet $20 thousand or so.

This man blew up his Tesla after learning how expensive the battery would be after the car had only gone about a thousand miles and needed a battery replacement.

It looks really fun, but I'm not sure it is worth spending some $100,000 to do.

Ummmm, no. I did just buy this though. First new car I have bought since the C8. My other long distance cruiser was getting a bit long in the tooth.

Attachments

• 20220629_191701.jpg
    20220629_191701.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 12
EV's are less than 1% of cars on the road today. Most of the rare earth minerals that make them viable are in China.

Looks like another Quid Pro Joe any way you cut it!!

Actually it is feinsteins husband who has the deal to bring rare earths in from china.

evs are faster, more powerful. Pre 1972 and Nixon lawyers and insurance....

Until an EV competes in an endurance race such as LeMans, they are not viable as primary cars. They are great as a 2nd car for running around the suburb, or as a primary vehicle if you live and only drive in a large city.

But, until we have broadcast energy as envisioned by Nikola Tesla, they are never going to supplant the ICE.

They are simply nowhere near as efficient.

EV's are less than 1% of cars on the road today. Most of the rare earth minerals that make them viable are in China.

Looks like another Quid Pro Joe any way you cut it!!
No not in China but are controlled by China. China is also buying the shit out of our farm land. I believe in free economy but we must protect our selves on strategic resources. Government has to step in and go after strategic resources and prevent the buying of America by foreign entities.

I very much doubt that we've seen the future with today's version of electric cars. Heavy batteries that require relatively scarce materials like lithium and ultimately need to be disposed of don't sound like a final answer.

But, we sure as hell have to keep trying and advancing. Well, if America is still interested in progressing, that is. From the looks of things, we may be headed in the the other direction right now, that's for damn sure.

1656667720074.jpeg

Last edited:
Lol..................Sorry.I see you nixed 5 of mine. That has to be a record in your young moderator career. I hope so

I had a post here removed too.

Also, if they wonder if people are now willing to buy an EV due to the cost of petrol/diesel, it's still a no because most can't afford the extra 50% to buy the EV in the first place, let alone the extra 5k to dispose of the battery before taking the old EV to the scrap yard.

Until an EV competes in an endurance race such as LeMans, they are not viable as primary cars. They are great as a 2nd car for running around the suburb, or as a primary vehicle if you live and only drive in a large city.

But, until we have broadcast energy as envisioned by Nikola Tesla, they are never going to supplant the ICE.

They are simply nowhere near as efficient.
Balogna. Good for everything but long distance over 300 miles. Which can change. Look for batteries that can be changed in no time at stations....ICE is not efficient and pollute. I don't believe in banning them tho...

Balogna. Good for everything but long distance over 300 miles. Which can change. Look for batteries that can be changed in no time at stations....ICE is not efficient and pollute. I don't believe in banning them tho...
Until the range increases, or the charge time drops to five minutes the EV is a purely niche vehicle.

Thems are the facts, little hater dupe.

And, for the record, ICE is faaar more efficient than EV. By orders of magnatude. They don't use EV's to mine the Li, little hater dupe.

They use big honkin ICE powered earth movers.

That too is a fact.

Yeah, no..huh uh.

If it ain't traditional American muscle, I've no interest in it.

For me, it's isn't about the economics of it. I gotta have that bluh bluh bluh bluh bluh bluh bluh sound and feel. A right proper panty dropper.

I still find it a bit disturbing that the administration (et al) is pushing so hard for remote kill switches in these ipads on wheels. Next thing you know, you have to get permission to start your car and go some place. Particularly with all of these arbitrary lockdowns, conformity databases, and the popularization of essential and non-essential citizenry and activities/jobs/ to go along with that.

Historically speaking, cars have symbolized freedom of movement. The American way. Everything about this new trend is antithetical to the very notion of that.

Last edited:
No not in China but are controlled by China. China is also buying the shit out of our farm land. I believe in free economy but we must protect our selves on strategic resources. Government has to step in and go after strategic resources and prevent the buying of America by foreign entities.
I saw a report about the Salton Sea having A LOT....
  1. Lithium production could save California's Salton Sea

Dec 01, 2021 · This reliance on foreign resources for EV battery pack production is less than ideal, and folks are looking for another answer. This answer could come in the form of massive …

Until the range increases, or the charge time drops to five minutes the EV is a purely niche vehicle.

Thems are the facts, little hater dupe.

And, for the record, ICE is faaar more efficient than EV. By orders of magnatude. They don't use EV's to mine the Li, little hater dupe.

They use big honkin ICE powered earth movers.

That too is a fact.
And will also change lol. You have to be misinformed to be a dupe, dingbat dupe. Change from the propaganda channel...

Dec 01, 2021 · This reliance on foreign resources for EV battery pack production is less than ideal, and folks are looking for another answer. This answer could come in the form of massive …

And will also change lol. You have to be misinformed to be a dupe, dingbat dupe. Change from the propaganda channel...

Ahhh, little hater dupe. You are so uninformed it hurts. There is a nice source of Li here in Nevada at Thacker Pass, and there is already an environmental group forming to fight its development. You also love to trot out these wonderful little missives with the word "COULD" in them. Here's the deal, little hater dupe, "COULD" almost always means, "WON'T"

But little hater dupes, like you, are always sold by the sizzle, then forget when the steak turns out to be wood.

Ahhh, little hater dupe. You are so uninformed it hurts. There is a nice source of Li here in Nevada at Thacker Pass, and there is already an environmental group forming to fight its development. You also love to trot out these wonderful little missives with the word "COULD" in them. Here's the deal, little hater dupe, "COULD" almost always means, "WON'T"

But little hater dupes, like you, are always sold by the sizzle, then forget when the steak turns out to be wood.
Also Arkansas and Utah. and total BULLSHYTTE lol.....With this SC, no probs lol....

Forum List

Back