Amazon's revenge on NY

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
Since the cancelling the Amazon HQ deal and near coincidental passage of draconian rent laws in summer 2019, the State and City of NY have been on a Mayor Dinkens downward death spiral. The streets and stores are empty. Retailers file for bankruptcy, employees for unemployment. We have finally arrived at the Progressive Utopia/Economic Kiss of Death.

One of the very few companies benefitting from Obama funded Wuhan flu weapon of economic mass destruction is Amazon. They're swamped! They're at full capacity will grow from here.

Revenge is a dish best served cold. Amazon is enjoying their revenge on the SJW running NY to Third World status

Since the cancelling the Amazon HQ deal and near coincidental passage of draconian rent laws in summer 2019, the State and City of NY have been on a Mayor Dinkens downward death spiral. The streets and stores are empty. Retailers file for bankruptcy, employees for unemployment. We have finally arrived at the Progressive Utopia/Economic Kiss of Death.

One of the very few companies benefitting from Obama funded Wuhan flu weapon of economic mass destruction is Amazon. They're swamped! They're at full capacity will grow from here.

Revenge is a dish best served cold. Amazon is enjoying their revenge on the SJW running NY to Third World status
6b584417aa2f1f0cc6cb0eb7a6021721.jpeg

View attachment 340058
The unintended consequence of the Obama funded Wuhan flu is that CA and NY will see an exodus of Biblical proportions

Funny you say that Frank. I just ordered a few things from A about 10 days ago, my first order in months figuring they were busy with masks and stuff. Got everything except a pair of sweats, and one other thing that has been delayed and both won't get here till next week!

But the important thing is I at least got booze in. Just got in 12 bottles, some of it from San Diego CA. Good prices, free shipping.

This is what we can expect if we do not heed the directive of Johnny Ramone!!!

The unintended consequence of the Obama funded Wuhan flu is that CA and NY will see an exodus of Biblical proportions
Good! Shorter lines and better seats for the rest of us.
And nothing to do. Enjoy your progressive hell hole.
Ever notice, West, that all the lefties, EVERY FRICKING LAST ONE OF THEM, is always bitter, angry, and resentful? It's like someone was giving out free SuperBowl tickets on the 50 yard line and they didn't find out until 5 minutes after the last one was gone! :21:

View attachment 340058
Conspiracy Theory? After going to a Broadway show tonight are you going to eat at 21 Club? Or the Get Down?

View attachment 340058
Conspiracy Theory? After going to a Broadway show tonight are you going to eat at 21 Club? Or the Get Down?
Non Sequitur notwithstanding; yes, it's a conspiracy theory.

You never mentioned their Village Idiot, AOC.

It could be one of the consequences of this shut down is that fucking psychopath Bezos becomes a trillionaire. Now that’s really fucked up.

That said, I’ve been an Amazon Prime member since 2004. It is an amazing service. I’m old enough to remember when ordering something (mail order) and delivery took 8-12 weeks.

There are a few Amazon warehouses in my area, and they're constantly hiring at $17 an hour for unskilled laborers. You could drop out of high school, and land a job at Amazon making almost as much as your parents.

Amazon is fast becoming a victim of its own success.

For several years I have bought heavily from Amazon because a lot of the stuff I need is not stocked locally - I have to drive 40 miles to get it or a local shop will order it for me and I'd get it in 2-3 weeks. With Amazon it'd be here in one week and cost less. But now Amazon is quoting 4 or more weeks for delivery and the prices aren't quite as competitive as they were.

The 40 miles doesn't seem so bad now that the roads are almost traffic free.

I'm sure Amazon doesn't miss my business - they only say they do.

It could be one of the consequences of this shut down is that fucking psychopath Bezos becomes a trillionaire. Now that’s really fucked up.

That said, I’ve been an Amazon Prime member since 2004. It is an amazing service. I’m old enough to remember when ordering something (mail order) and delivery took 8-12 weeks.

As much as people love to shit on the guy behind Amazon, the service is amazing. I bought a Kindle Fire when they first came out, and it had some sort of battery problem. I spent maybe five minutes talking to a rep online, and had a new Kindle two days later.

View attachment 340058
Non Sequitur notwithstanding; yes, it's a conspiracy theory.

I'm not sure what part is the conspiracy theory.

That amazon is doing well, even after being kicked out of New York... or that NYC is doing badly right now.

The fact that sales at Amazon have increased dramatically is documented.

The damage to NYC economy is also well documented.

So, which part is the conspiracy theory again?

Amazon is fast becoming a victim of its own success.

For several years I have bought heavily from Amazon because a lot of the stuff I need is not stocked locally - I have to drive 40 miles to get it or a local shop will order it for me and I'd get it in 2-3 weeks. With Amazon it'd be here in one week and cost less. But now Amazon is quoting 4 or more weeks for delivery and the prices aren't quite as competitive as they were.

The 40 miles doesn't seem so bad now that the roads are almost traffic free.

I'm sure Amazon doesn't miss my business - they only say they do.
That's probably because of the fake obama virus scare.

Forum List

Back