amazing response to GOP Rep who said God opposes trans rights: "You used God to enslave my foreparents. You used God to segregate me in schools."

Rep Greene makes a fair point about Christians invoking the Bible to justify slavery

but it was also Christians who envoked God to end slavery

the final stanza of Amazing Grace is a clear example of that

”As He died to make men holy, let us die to mske men free”
“His truth is marching on”

Yet the right still wants to deny rights to people who aren't like them.

Prove it

I gave up on proving anything to crazy right wingers a while back. If Hannity, or Alex Jones, or some other nutbag doesn't say it, you won't believe it, no matter what reality says.

Rep Steube correctly points out that biological women cannot compete with men in athletics

as for his quoting the Bible, we are a majority Christian people who are guided by the Scriptures

Our laws aren't based on the scriptures of any faith. This guy Steube should not be lecturing the House on his individual religious views.

Even if we are just talking about Christians, instead of all Americans of every faith and none, there is no one viewpoint shared by all. Christians are split into multiple factions. Moreover, Deuteronomy is full of rules. I doubt that he follows them or, perhaps, has never even read them.

Rep Steube correctly points out that biological women cannot compete with men in athletics

as for his quoting the Bible, we are a majority Christian people who are guided by the Scriptures

That notes in many areas of the Bible that adultery is a sin.

Rep Greene makes a fair point about Christians invoking the Bible to justify slavery

Prove it

The Bible Says What? The ‘Curse of Ham’ justifies slavery ...
The Biblical tale has been widely used since the 17th century in the Western world to justify black slavery and racism. Over time, the belief grew that the Biblical Ham and his descendants, black..

Our laws aren't based on the scriptures of any faith. This guy Steube should not be lecturing the House on his individual religious views.
Nowhere does Steube say that non Christians have to convert to his religion

but his beliefs are based on teaching from the Bible and thats all he’s referring to is his beliefs

Conclusion
The sin of Ham was maternal incest. Ham had sex with his mother, Noah’s wife, in order to usurp his father’s patriarchal authority. Rather than outright say that Ham violated his mother, the author of Genesis employed a biblical idiom “uncovered his father’s nakedness” which meant to have sex with his father’s wife. To uncover a man’s nakedness was to have sex with a woman that belonged to him. This explains why Noah was so enraged at Ham, and why Canaan was cursed (because he was the fruit of that illicit union). It explains the “done to him” kind of language we find in the account, which suggests Ham did more than just get a quick peek.

That notes in many areas of the Bible that adultery is a sin.
Dont you think adultery is a sin?

Absolutely but I rarely hear those who rail about the "sins" of others calling people out and refusing to support those who are committing this sin.........and since you asked.

I am committing adultery. I have been married previously as had my wife. So if those who are LGBTQ are condemned then so am I and what would be the point?

The Constitution is based on liberty and low or no taxes. Rights are based on that. It seems that all of the social justice rights are based on an increasingly higher and higher tax nation. It sure seems it is running concurrent with it. Most of the older books and biblical scripture even without a belief in God is based on realities of the time and the realities of today. Only technology makes us so much more self important. I resent being a Democrat in my life and a Republican and an Independent being called a Deplorable and worse. All because I believe in financial responsibility? Most Progs have vengeance towards others for what they put up. Well many Repubs feel the same way. I believe in vengeance towards anyone who screwed with me in life. Enough to affect it. I understand. You will destroy everything and make things a hundred times worse in your agendas.

don't use God as an excuse for your bigotry!

The conservative at the beginning of the video has violated the first Amendment.

He is demanding that the government put his christian religion before all other religions and is demanding that the government enact laws according to his religious laws.

He quoted from the old testament. Christians follow the New Testament.

He is demanding that we enshrine old testament laws into our United States laws. Which is a very clear violation of the first Amendment.

Everyone is free to follow any religion they choose.

What no one, especially our government, is free to force their religion on our nation and enshrine their religious laws into United States laws.

That conservative doesn't belong in our government.

You are guided by your prejudices. You just use some of the scriptures to try to justify those prejudices.

If they claim to be christians they should be quoting and following the New Testament.

That man quoted the tora or old testament. The book the jewish faith follows.

What it comes down to is, that conservative hates freedom of religion.

He also picks and chooses what part of the bible he wants to follow.

If he wants to follow the tora or old testament, he should convert to judisim.

If he wants to be a politician and create laws for our nation he better leave that bible of his at home and follow our constitution.

Trans people are mentally ill and need help. Not going along with their mental illness. They have the right to do as they please, but they don't have the right to make me play along. Example, men playing in women’s sports.

Forum List

Back