amazing response to GOP Rep who said God opposes trans rights: "You used God to enslave my foreparents. You used God to segregate me in schools."

Lincoln was a republican. It wasn't God that enslaved your foreparents, it was the democrat party.
My offer still stands that if you will point out which of those democrats from a couple of centuries ago who supported slavery are still active and running for any office, I promise not to vote for them.

Lincoln was a republican. It wasn't God that enslaved your foreparents, it was the democrat party.
My offer still stands that if you will point out which of those democrats from a couple of centuries ago who supported slavery are still active and running for any office, I promise not to vote for them.
then why is al green blaming current people for something they never did??

You have to scratch your head when Black leaders pretend to compare the emergence of a sexually confused political movement to the Civil Rights era. The United States is the most tolerant nation in the world where special considerations are in place where men can pretend to be women and women can pretend to be Arnold Swartzenegger. The problem is that the queer community isn't satisfied with moderate acceptance of their peculiar lifestyle. Normal heterosexuals are accused of thought crimes and Christians have become the enemy. Welcome to the brave new world of left wing social revolution.

We can discuss Al Green later if you like, but for now, explain what Democrats from 2 centuries ago have to do with today's Democratic party.

We can discuss Al Green later if you like, but for now, explain what Democrats from 2 centuries ago have to do with today's Democratic party.
the same thing al green thinks people today have to do with it,,,

fact is democrats still abuse blacks and treat them as lower class people to stupid to do for themselves and can only survive on the democrat plantation,,

whats that biden said??
oh yeah,,
"if you dont vote for me you aint black"

fact is democrats still abuse blacks and treat them as lower class people to stupid to do for themselves and can only survive on the democrat plantation,,

whats that biden said??
oh yeah,,

So you can't say why you think what you do other than that's what you were told to think. That's not even a little bit surprising.

whats that biden said??
oh yeah,,

So you can't say why you think what you do other than that's what you were told to think. That's not even a little bit surprising.
I did say,, cant help it if youre an idiot,,

Rep Greene makes a fair point about Christians invoking the Bible to justify slavery

but it was also Christians who envoked God to end slavery

the final stanza of Amazing Grace is a clear example of that

”As He died to make men holy, let us die to make men free”
“His truth is marching on”
Ummm. That's not Amazing Grace. It's the Battle Hymn of the Republic.

The first Amendment prohibits any religion being mixed with the government and prohibits the government from putting one religion above another and prohibits religious law from becoming United States law.
Thats not true

he First prohibits the establishment of an official government teligion

and it protects religion from government

Is somebody forcing you to become homosexual or transgender? If so, you should report them to the cops immediately.
Laws based on Christian faith may prevent lib women from killing their unborn babies but that does not make the women conservatives

Rep Steube correctly points out that biological women cannot compete with men in athletics

as for his quoting the Bible, we are a majority Christian people who are guided by the Scriptures

You are guided by your prejudices. You just use some of the scriptures to try to justify those prejudices.

If they claim to be christians they should be quoting and following the New Testament.

That man quoted the tora or old testament. The book the jewish faith follows.

What it comes down to is, that conservative hates freedom of religion.

He also picks and chooses what part of the bible he wants to follow.

If he wants to follow the tora or old testament, he should convert to judisim.

If he wants to be a politician and create laws for our nation he better leave that bible of his at home and follow our constitution.

Don't completely discount the Bible, Torah, Koran, or any one of many other ancient religious texts. They all contain universal wisdom that applies to us today as much as it did when they were first written. However, we can't base our government on everything that can be found there. Each idea must be evaluated in the light of what is relevant and workable in our society today. We are not a theocracy.

We only discuss the three "Abrahamic" religions that originated in the Middle East, but the Supreme Creator must have known that His/Her human creations lived all over the world, and would not have neglected any of them. I don't think that we will ever know the extent of the universal wisdom, but we must piece it together from all of recorded human experience. Perhaps non-human, as well. I always wanted to talk to animals. I love stories of primates who learn sign language. intelligent and helpful dolphins, and, of course, our dear dogs and cats. A friend of mine has a wonderful idea: ask them whether they believe in a supreme being. I'd love to know.
Communicating with animals seems a little far out there when discussing wisdom, but I have to believe that universal wisdom is universal. It seems that some animals understand rudimentary concepts, such as loyalty, or even compassion, but I'm not sure how much more they would be able to comprehend.

I didn't mean to sound like a kook, but I, too, have noted animals showing loyalty and compassion, from gorillas guarding kids who fall into their zoo enclosures and dolphins guiding ships through dangerous waters. We just don't know the extent of what they do know. I think that my friend made an interesting point. What I think about the most, though, is the extent of the entire human experience. We in the west contemplate only the Abrahamic faiths, but where does the experience of other humans in other places fit in?

Rep Steube correctly points out that biological women cannot compete with men in athletics

as for his quoting the Bible, we are a majority Christian people who are guided by the Scriptures

You are guided by your prejudices. You just use some of the scriptures to try to justify those prejudices.

If they claim to be christians they should be quoting and following the New Testament.

That man quoted the tora or old testament. The book the jewish faith follows.

What it comes down to is, that conservative hates freedom of religion.

He also picks and chooses what part of the bible he wants to follow.

If he wants to follow the tora or old testament, he should convert to judisim.

If he wants to be a politician and create laws for our nation he better leave that bible of his at home and follow our constitution.

Don't completely discount the Bible, Torah, Koran, or any one of many other ancient religious texts. They all contain universal wisdom that applies to us today as much as it did when they were first written. However, we can't base our government on everything that can be found there. Each idea must be evaluated in the light of what is relevant and workable in our society today. We are not a theocracy.

The first Amendment prohibits any religion being mixed with the government and prohibits the government from putting one religion above another and prohibits religious law from becoming United States law.

It prohibits the government favoring one religion over another but it most certainly does NOT prohibit religion being mixed with government. That is why Congress starts each day with a prayer. Any religion or belief may start that prayer but it is generally a religious prayer.

Is somebody forcing you to become homosexual or transgender? If so, you should report them to the cops immediately.
Laws based on Christian faith may prevent lib women from killing their unborn babies but that does not make the women conservatives

Christians differ on their views on abortion, as they do on many other subjects. Christians who oppose abortion seem to be mainly evangelicals and catholics.

Christians differ on their views on abortion, as they do on many other subjects. Christians who oppose abortion seem to be mainly evangelicals and catholics.

I am neither and I am pro-life. I do not believe that anyone has the right to take the life of another outside of direct self defense.

Laws based on Christian faith may prevent uppity women from speaking in public but that does not make the women second class citizens.
Oh, is that one of your immutable laws you like to pretend doesn't exist?

Forum List

Back