Amanda Gorman to be Part of Superbowl

I hope this young lady doesn't get swallowed up by the white media strain. Black ppl never benefit from the fame that they allow us, it only gives them fodda to make sure you achieve sheer perfection for the rest of you life and failures will soon follow.

I hope she reads some limericks.

That would actually be a riot if she went out there to the coin toss and started "There was a man from Nantucket...." when everyone is expecting Toni Morrison, they get Tony Soprano.
I love dirty limericks

I think it would be hilarious if she did that. She won't, of course but it would be the most memorable thing about the game....most people still remember the "wardrobe malfunction" but not the two teams that were playing in that game.

That would actually be a riot if she went out there to the coin toss and started "There was a man from Nantucket...." when everyone is expecting Toni Morrison, they get Tony Soprano.
I love dirty limericks

I think it would be hilarious if she did that. She won't, of course but it would be the most memorable thing about the game....most people still remember the "wardrobe malfunction" but not the two teams that were playing in that game.
Now THAT one I saw.

I read her Inaugural poem, and to me it read more like a lovely essay than poetry. Poetry is something else, even though I don't know what in hell they're talking about half the time.

I love dirty limericks

Now THAT one I saw.

I read her Inaugural poem, and to me it read more like a lovely essay than poetry. Poetry is something else, even though I don't know what in hell they're talking about half the time.
I can see that.

Reading poems at the Super Bowl, swell. Anyone going to recite Shakespeare?
Yeah, what's up with the NFL lately? Gettin mighty political.

In 2002 (the super bowl after the 2001 season), The halftime show featured names of those killed in the twin towers.
Its not as if a woman reading a 3 minute poem is going to break some new ground for social awareness to recognize healthcare workers.

That was when U2 was singing Where the Streets Have No Name... It was still done during a concert and not a poem... Look I applaud the young lady for her poem and believe she deserves all the recognition she is getting but I believe the SB is just not the place for her poems...

Reading poems at the Super Bowl, swell. Anyone going to recite Shakespeare?
Yeah, what's up with the NFL lately? Gettin mighty political.

In 2002 (the super bowl after the 2001 season), The halftime show featured names of those killed in the twin towers.
Its not as if a woman reading a 3 minute poem is going to break some new ground for social awareness to recognize healthcare workers.

That was when U2 was singing Where the Streets Have No Name... It was still done during a concert and not a poem... Look I applaud the young lady for her poem and believe she deserves all the recognition she is getting but I believe the SB is just not the place for her poems...
Its before the game starts at the coin toss. ....

Its before the game starts at the coin toss. ....
[/QUOTE]
I'm happy for the young lady's success but poetry reading doesn't belong at the Super bowl. You wouldn't open the Van Cliburn piano competition with a Death Metal band. There's a time and place.

" Her new poem will honor three Americans — Los Angeles educator Trimaine Davis, Florida nurse manager Suzie Dorner and Pittsburgh-based James Martin, a Marine veteran who volunteers with the Wounded Warrior Project and who has taken in local kids facing issues at home — for their work during the coronavirus pandemic. The three have also been named honorary captains for the Super Bowl by the NFL. "

Fresh off of her appearance at Biden's Inauguration and reciting her poem, "The Hill We Climb", this is sure to add to her fame.

I'm sure there will be some opposition for some reason. And those opposing it won't be able to say why.
And another million will be tuning out of politicized sports .....keep going retards lol

Why does the NFL insist on making this a Leftist Political event? Shouldn't they be seeking to make it bipartisan and invite a conservative poet to provide balance?
And the thing is, the owners know it. The players took over the league.

1612164433737.png

Her own Lego.

Don't know who this person is, I don't watch halftime shows and won't start this year. I may not watch the game at all. Hope the kid does well.

Don't know who this person is, I don't watch halftime shows and won't start this year. I may not watch the game at all. Hope the kid does well.
It'll be at he coin flip.

She spoke at Biden's inaugural.

How is this a story? I can’t remember anyone who flipped a coin at a Super Bowl nor does it matter. I guess I need to learn to appreciate the nuances of the pregame.

How is this a story? I can’t remember anyone who flipped a coin at a Super Bowl nor does it matter. I guess I need to learn to appreciate the nuances of the pregame.
A 22 y/o poet is being given the biggest platform in the world in terms of viewership. It's not a huge story but it is notable.

How many threads did we have about hatboy?

A 22 y/o poet is being given the biggest platform in the world in terms of viewership. It's not a huge story but it is notable.

Not sure, never heard of hat boy, I don’t think I saw a thread on this, who is hatboy?

Not sure, never heard of hat boy, I don’t think I saw a thread on this, who is hatboy?
LOL..sure.

" Her new poem will honor three Americans — Los Angeles educator Trimaine Davis, Florida nurse manager Suzie Dorner and Pittsburgh-based James Martin, a Marine veteran who volunteers with the Wounded Warrior Project and who has taken in local kids facing issues at home — for their work during the coronavirus pandemic. The three have also been named honorary captains for the Super Bowl by the NFL. "

Fresh off of her appearance at Biden's Inauguration and reciting her poem, "The Hill We Climb", this is sure to add to her fame.

I'm sure there will be some opposition for some reason. And those opposing it won't be able to say why.
I wont be watching the super bowl so I guess I’ll miss amanda’s gibberish

LOL..sure.

I don’t but I really don’t care either, I have only been on a couple of threads the last couple days and try to stay out of left wing and right wing childish crap. That’s why I am perusing through sports.

Forum List

Back