Amanda Gorman to be Part of Superbowl

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
" Her new poem will honor three Americans — Los Angeles educator Trimaine Davis, Florida nurse manager Suzie Dorner and Pittsburgh-based James Martin, a Marine veteran who volunteers with the Wounded Warrior Project and who has taken in local kids facing issues at home — for their work during the coronavirus pandemic. The three have also been named honorary captains for the Super Bowl by the NFL. "

Fresh off of her appearance at Biden's Inauguration and reciting her poem, "The Hill We Climb", this is sure to add to her fame.

I'm sure there will be some opposition for some reason. And those opposing it won't be able to say why.

Last edited:
Why does the NFL insist on making this a Leftist Political event? Shouldn't they be seeking to make it bipartisan and invite a conservative poet to provide balance?

remember when they used to have the punt pass and kick competition at the SB

yup and salute the Troops.

Marine1stDivision11152004.jpg

Reading poems at the Super Bowl, swell. Anyone going to recite Shakespeare?
I can recite Forest Hump for you and it goes “ Jenny you are like a box of chocolates and you never knew how many have been in you but for sure it was a lot dear Jenny “ ...

Anyhoo, a poet at the SB make me not to want to watch it even more even though I thought the young lady did a wonderful job at Biden swearing in ceremony...

Yeah, what's up with the NFL lately? Gettin mighty political.

In 2002 (the super bowl after the 2001 season), The halftime show featured names of those killed in the twin towers.
Its not as if a woman reading a 3 minute poem is going to break some new ground for social awareness to recognize healthcare workers.

Yeah, what's up with the NFL lately? Gettin mighty political.

In 2002 (the super bowl after the 2001 season), The halftime show featured names of those killed in the twin towers.
Its not as if a woman reading a 3 minute poem is going to break some new ground for social awareness to recognize healthcare workers.
I'm not objecting, the poem seems appropriate.

Just watched the halftime show 2002--thanks! Musta been busy with other things that day.

Forum List

Back