All this talk about Ms Obama turning 50

alan1

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2008
Shoveling the ashes
The media and even this message board have all kinds of talk about Michelle Obama turning 50. Like turning 50 is some sort of milestone. It's not.

The two milestone birthdays are 36 and 42.
Trust me, I know. I've been 36, I've been 42 and I've been 50. 36 and 42 are way more important than 50.

I'm sure people are asking themselves right now, what is important about turning 36 or 42, those seem like random numbers. But they aren't.
The mark of a decade, such as 50, isn't random, but it doesn't really matter either, it's just a number, but turning 36 or 42--- yeah, there is significance to that. Let me explain.

When you are 36, that is the first time you can legally have sex with somebody half your age.
When you are 42 you can legally get somebody half your age drunk before you have sex with them.
Yep, 36 and 42 are way better than 50.

The media and even this message board have all kinds of talk about Michelle Obama turning 50. Like turning 50 is some sort of milestone. It's not.

The two milestone birthdays are 36 and 42.
Trust me, I know. I've been 36, I've been 42 and I've been 50. 36 and 42 are way more important than 50.

I'm sure people are asking themselves right now, what is important about turning 36 or 42, those seem like random numbers. But they aren't.
The mark of a decade, such as 50, isn't random, but it doesn't really matter either, it's just a number, but turning 36 or 42--- yeah, there is significance to that. Let me explain.

When you are 36, that is the first time you can legally have sex with somebody half your age.
When you are 42 you can legally get somebody half your age drunk before you have sex with them.
Yep, 36 and 42 are way better than 50.

just finished sharing some thoughts on this. cough.

silliest thing --all that has been said about Michelle Obama and her birthday.

most idiotic things I have ever heard can be found in a thread in Current Events about this.

insane---over 40 pages. it got down to some moron trying to say Halle Berry isn't beautiful. drove me insane.

she looks good. so do a lot of people--so what? so what?

was I ever as 'feeble minded' as some seem to be? hope not. Now 65--have some sort of common sense--but I always did.

my 9th birthday was a good one. my 30th birthday good. not sure about a lot of others. celebrated in different ways and enjoyed it. didn't need to invite Beyoncé or Jay Z. will never need that kind of thing. why does Michelle need that sort of thing? I ask myself.

causes me to like her less. believe what she says less. does that matter to her?

no--I don't think so.

there are those of my acquaintance that might throw a celebratory party when she leaves. for an assortment of reasons. not the sort of people to 'hate' her but the kind of people who live simply. the wasting of money--not a good thing. that is what we believe.
fiscally conservative and yet --socially as liberal as they come. what kind of people could this be?

really good people of all kinds--I can tell you that.

fairly certain Bess Truman wouldn't have wanted a 'big bash'. Interesting woman--married to an interesting and good man.

Truman: Bess Truman's Biography

<Mrs. Harry S. Truman, wife of the 33rd President of the United States, was born on February 13, 1885, at 117 West Ruby Street in Independence, Missouri. The oldest child of David Willock Wallace and Madge Gates Wallace, she was christened Elizabeth Virginia, but throughout her life was called Bess. Her father held several public offices, including County Treasurer, and was Deputy Surveyor in the Kansas City office of the United States Bureau of Customs at the time of his death in 1903.
After her father died, Bess, her mother and three brothers moved into the house of her maternal grandfather, George Porterfield Gates, a co-founder of the successful Independence flour mill, the Waggoner-Gates Milling Company. The Gates' house, located at 219 North Delaware Street, continued to be Bess Wallace's home for the remainder of her life.

An only daughter, Bess Wallace acquired a reputation as a tomboy. "The first girl I ever knew who could whistle through her teeth and bat a ball as far as any boy in the neighborhood," said a classmate. She graduated from Independence High School in 1901 in the same class as Harry S. Truman and later studied language and literature at Barstow, a girl's finishing school in Kansas City, Missouri. After completing school Bessie Wallace, as she was often referred to in the social columns of the Independence paper, stayed at home with her widowed mother and helped run the household.

In 1917, Miss Wallace became engaged to Harry S. Truman whom she had known since childhood. President Truman in his Memoirs recalls that when his family moved to Independence in 1890 his mother took him to Sunday school at the First Presbyterian Church. "We made a number of new acquaintances," he said, "and I became interested in one in particular. She had golden curls and has, to this day , the most beautiful blue eyes. We went to Sunday school, public school from the fifth grade through high school, graduated in the same class, and marched down life's road together. For me she still has the blue eyes and golden hair of yesteryear."

The Trumans were married in Independence, on June 28, 1919, in Mrs. Truman's church, the Trinity Episcopal. The previous month Mr. Truman had received his discharge from the Army after serving overseas in World War I. Their only child, Mary Margaret, was born on February 17, 1924.

In 1934, the family moved to Washington, DC when after serving his political apprenticeship in local politics, Mr. Truman was elected United States Senator from Missouri. During the next ten years while Truman served as Senator, Mrs. Truman and Margaret stayed in Washington from January through June, while Congress was in session, and in Independence during the remainder of the year
>

do such people still exist? I wonder.

I'm afraid I may never vote 'for' any candidate for POTUS again. might vote 'against' --if I choose to vote at all.

neither party seems to be able to measure up to my expectations.

lol--if Jeb Bush runs--I could vote for him. His mother doesn't want him to run--her sons seem inclined to make their own decisions. I assume both of their parents are 'responsible' for that. There are other Bushes--maybe they are the best that we've got.

sure do like George H.W. Bush--lol. I just like him.

My aunt looked something like Barbara and I suspect was like her in many other ways. She knew 'what's what'. Raised some great kids. Southern Dems--killed them to become Republicans. No choice--when the Democratic party began to radically change.

maybe somewhere there is an unknown member of the GOP that can 'save' this sinking ship. SOS---SOS--SOS. somebody please. can't stand much more.

Last edited:
My birthday is just another day to me.

well my birthday is very special. the day the world changed. September 11th.
did not celebrate much in 2001. I would have been 53. My mother made a cake--we blew out the candles and watched the TV.

the Chinese say--'A critical day of change'. sometimes read my horoscope on my birthday--should try to find the one for 2001. 'You will never forget this day'--go forth and do what you can to stop evil. If I were an astrologer--I would have written that.

I have been doing that--obsessed with stopping evil. have been my entire life.

did a fine job today. ass got kicked. all over the place. 'Shock and Awe'--my gift to the forum. lol.

This coming birthday is going to be great. I get my SSI. :)

lol--last year I got medicare. good enough 'present' I guess--I had been uninsured for over a decade.

~~~~
Here's my horoscope--said it was for 2001--?? true/not true.

fairly accurate.

<

People born on September 11 think independently and clearly, and they will often shock or surprise others with their unconventional views. As well as being fiercely opinionated, they are also incredibly compassionate and their urge to help others may be so strong that it may take a radical form: either by passionately defending traditional views or by defiantly rebelling against them.

Whatever position they choose to defend, they will defend it passionately or take risks to prove their conviction. They can sometimes come across as extremely serious or critical, but behind this outward show of boldness and courage there is also a part of them that longs for stability or an authority figure to guide them. There may often be a silent battle or conflict going on within themselves that manifests itself in sudden mood swings of intense highs followed by intense lows.

Between the ages of eleven and forty-one there is an emphasis on relationships, and opportunities will be presented to explore their creativity. It is important that they take advantage of these because successful relationships will give them the sense of perspective they occasionally lack, and developing literary, artistic or creative interests will help them connect with their intuition, the key to their psychological growth. After the age of forty-two there is a turning point when they may undergo some kind of personal transformation, making them more self-reliant and in control.

If they can listen to their intuition rather than their conviction, become more tolerant and, most important of all, find a cause that is worthy of them, they will find that they no longer want to surprise or shock others with radical words and deeds. They want to realize their full potential and, by so doing, encourage others to do the same. In this way these determined and imaginative individuals will be making their own extraordinary mark on the world and fulfilling their destiny as the progressive revolutionaries or traditionalists of their age.

On the dark side

Judgmental, controlling, inflexible

At your best

Idealistic, imaginative, passionate
>

lol--wish some of my mental health professionals understood this. had to fire them--couldn't seem to help me.

refused to listen to me. they had to face the consequences.

found some alternatives. read the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon and found an online forum. things got better.

http://www.dianagabaldon.com/

Last edited:
You don't live in Alabama do you? their numbers are 24 and 30.

are you talking to me? no, I'm in GA. what does it mean --'their numbers are 24 and 30'?

out of my mind I suppose. not unusual. still thinking about the 'Shock and Awe' that I delivered a few hours ago. so overdue---so needed. others should do the same. knock some sense into those who have no clue. as a society that is what we the People are going to have to do. anyone with any common sense must find a clueless person or two and make it their mission to help them 'see'. Amazing Grace. most of nation is now blinded--mentally. jmo.

What shock and awe do you keep refering to? Link to the thread.

I was posting in the Tavern. trying to recover from a Michelle Obama thread in Current Events. my rage began to grow--white hot rage. as perhaps only a Virgo can understand? anyone with any sort of values or moral beliefs should understand--probably have better sense than to think of posting on a political message board. 'fools'--don't waste their time with them. I should know better and do better. and plan, too. as we have said on other occasions.

here's a thread--spicy and delicious. lol. certain people will not forget me. hope they tremble in fear of what I might do to them if they get on my nerves. lol.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-f...-don-t-remind-me-again-ok-thanks-ever-so.html

the thread that set me off--as vile and disgusting a thread as I have ever seen and I have seen plenty here and elsewhere. it seems that everyone in the thread complained about the OP--chronic offender of the highest order. No one but me bothered to report this 's'. always the way. so I had to take matters into my own hands. fortunately have had a good bit of experience at this sort of thing. dysfunctional family--brother with drug problems, now deceased--both parents trapped in their own issues. just call '911'--no problem to me. plenty of consequences for doing that. told I was insane and more. there are times when radical means must be employed. a lot like George Bush--yes, I am. lol. Shock and Awe--'not on my watch'--if there is Hell to pay--so be it. my destiny--I think so.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/usmb-...physically-perfect-first-lady-in-history.html

Last edited:
Sunday, Jan 19 --Virgo horoscope

virgo January 19, 2014

Daily
Horoscope

You find that things are looking up for sure -- and that your success is more public than you had realized! Expect praise from an unusual source, and see if you can build on it.

lol--the shock and awe was pretty public. and in the midst of the 's' thread--I found a few more people that might be worth knowing. One of them seemed to understand--'how I am' --had known other Virgos. 'discriminating type of people'--yes, we are. don't suffer fools and foolishness gladly.

and I am German/English/Scots--Irish. a lethal combination. let me assure you.

he-he-he-he-he. Diana Gabaldon. The Ladies of Lallybroch--some fine 'b's over there--the finest. they wouldn't mind killing anyone who deserved it. I can tell you that. most preferred the knife. or an axe. would use whatever happened to be at hand.

http://www.dianagabaldon.com/2011/05/whats-your-line/

<Here are just a few that I&#8217;ve seen quoted as people&#8217;s favorites:

&#8220;&#8230;but it all comes right in the end. So it did, I thought&#8211;though often not in any expected way.&#8221;

&#8220;&#8230;for I was gromished from the fall and my right ankle gruppit&#8211;and was just about to call once more when I heard sounds of a rare hochmagandy&#8230;&#8221;

&#8220;You&#8217;re no verra peaceful, Sassenach&#8230; but I like ye fine.&#8221;

&#8220;And what was the ransom, then, that would buy a man&#8217;s soul, and deliver my darling from the power of the dog?&#8221;

&#8220;And if thee hunts at night, thee will come home.&#8221;

&#8220;Holy God.&#8221;

&#8220;And when my body shall cease, my soul will still be yours. Claire&#8212;I swear by my hope of heaven, I will not be parted from you.&#8221;

&#8220;Seems I canna possess your soul without losing my own.&#8221;

&#8220;That&#8217;s all right,&#8221; I assured him. &#8220;We&#8217;re married. Share and share aline. One flesh; the priest said so.&#8221;

&#8220;Only you. Because ye will not let me lie &#8211; and yet ye love me.&#8221;

&#8220;Whatever (your feelings) are, though, they must be exigent, to cause you to contemplate such drastic expedients.&#8221;
>

Last edited:
the kind of people I know. a person from my high school. esoteric kind of people I suppose. certain there are some similar people here--too difficult to find them. just haven't enjoyed my time here, sadly. if a few people had made a bit more effort to get to know me--things would have been better. 'If you can't --you can't'--I suppose. wtf---all I have to say.

Funnigins

http://funnigins.com/the_illustrator.html

Last edited:

are you talking to me? no, I'm in GA. what does it mean --'their numbers are 24 and 30'?

out of my mind I suppose. not unusual. still thinking about the 'Shock and Awe' that I delivered a few hours ago. so overdue---so needed. others should do the same. knock some sense into those who have no clue. as a society that is what we the People are going to have to do. anyone with any common sense must find a clueless person or two and make it their mission to help them 'see'. Amazing Grace. most of nation is now blinded--mentally. jmo.

No, I was joking making a reference to the math in the OP. If it is acceptable for 36 year old to have sex with someone half their age in civilized states,applying the same math, the acceptable age for having sex with someone half your age is 24 in Alabama.

No, I was joking making a reference to the math in the OP. If it is acceptable for 36 year old to have sex with someone half their age in civilized states,applying the same math, the acceptable age for having sex with someone half your age is 24 in Alabama.

not a math person--all of that went over my head. whatever goes on in AL--I don't care.

don't care that much about what goes on anywhere. things that I care about --kindness, decency --that sort of thing don't seem to matter much to others as far as I can tell.

I took a drive today. perfect day. chatted with people who do not have whatever mental impairment afflicts those who post here. motorcycles--saw 2 nice Yamahas. ridden by 2 Hispanic men--could not have been nicer --spoke respectfully to me. others did, too.

I will never be treated with any respect here--that is very clear. just a waste of time. 'The Problem' seems to come from the top--no hope of any change. frolic in sewage if you like--I prefer crystal clear water, fresh air and decent people.

This coming birthday is going to be great. I get my SSI. :)
It isn't going to be anywhere near as great as you think...and not worth all the trouble and years you put into pursuing it.

Money for nothing. It's the life goal of some people.

I have no idea what you're talking about at any time, wavingirl, but mertex is a piece of shit. She ruins ever thread she enters, ...and she's ruining the Tavern as well. Her and the other left wing pieces of shit that have recently infected every decent thread on the board, just as they've infected our country.

I didn't actually say it was acceptable, just that it was legal.
This is posted in the Humor Forum.

I didn't actually say it was acceptable, just that it was legal.
This is posted in the Humor Forum.
good to know someone has a sense of humor. I prefer dry humor. very dry--Monty Python. doubt that I will ever find such a thread.

alan1--when I first started in this Inferno --you were very nice to me. haven't forgotten that. just so you know. at times it seems like there are many others and then the 'toddlers' take control. wish there was a playpen for them. I have a list --if anyone decides to do that--excellent idea, jmo.

Forum List

Back