Have you ever had a forum.s meeting in real life?

Pretty sure early on USMB had some meet ups. Back when we were much smaller and more friendly.

For perspective, back then it was a big deal to reach 100 rep points.

…@ more friendly

intersting to know!

and if so, how was it?

just asking ….

, cause i have been to several such meetings in Germany …..
Yep....several. However it was with an entirely different group with an entirely different focus.

And it was a blast. I have gone to them and hosted them. Very addictive in many ways.
There were, of course, a few surprises among those who were looking for spouses....like an extra 20 years or 70lbs and even a hump backed person that appeared normal in photographs.

But the rest of us looking for friendships and associations....we had a great time.

Those who are more interested in hiding behind the anonymity the internet provides laughed at those of us meeting up...but never even thought of showing up at a meet-up. Where we might chuckle at those who have trouble typing....it's not meant in a cruel way. They were well liked and thought of. They had no trouble speaking...just typing.

We've had a few crazies show up....and where they were accepted....their mental health issues did make their posting very clear as to why they said what they did say.

There are a few horror stories out there and it seems predators have liked how boards meet up sometimes. I really don't recommend for people to do it anymore. It's just not advisable to do it.

And I knew one young lady who went to meet a man she was wanting to get engaged to in another country. He ghosted her at the airport when she arrived. He never showed up and another friend had to come and help her get home. (She was as lost as last year's Easter egg....no language skills whatsoever) Those were some bitter tears for her.

Forum List

Back