Alex Baldwin vindicated

I thought the case was weak. The only way I could see them possibly succeeding on prosecution was by folding in his role as producer. It added an additional level of negligence.

But even then it was still some weak tea.
It was an open and shut prima facie case of negligent homicide that any idiot attorney could have won. He held the gun, the gun fired killing an innocent person. By his own admission he had not inspected the weapon to ensure that it was safe beforehand. Negligent homicide, plain and simple.

It was an open and shut prima facie case of negligent homicide that any idiot attorney could have won.
Laughing.... says you, citing you. And your personal opinions aren't a legal standard.

The actual special prosecutors looked at the evidence and dropped all charges.

Why would I ignore them, and instead believe you? Why would any rational person? Remember, you didn't even know there were special prosecutors until I told you.

You simply don't know what you're talking about.

... woke, activist, "special prosecutor." In other words ... another DummyCrat in a position where he can let a fellow DummyCrat sssllliiidddeee.

Ok. Help me out. How can the defense examine and conduct tests on the pistol if the internal workings were destroyed? How can the defense expert determine if or how the weapon could fire without the trigger being pulled as Baldwin said?

It was an open and shut prima facie case of negligent homicide that any idiot attorney could have won. He held the gun, the gun fired killing an innocent person. By his own admission he had not inspected the weapon to ensure that it was safe beforehand. Negligent homicide, plain and simple.

Ok. And when the defense stands after you are done with your three minutes of law school and starts to explain that the case you just made is wrong.

They first produce an expert who claims that it is possible for a damaged weapon to fire on its own. They give examples of the sorts of wear and tear that would allow that to happen. The Attorney asked if this is what happened. They say they can’t say for certain because the Prosecution destroyed the weapon before the defense experts could examine it. If the Judge even allowed the weapon to be introduced as evidence.

The Defense Expert then gives documented examples of various weapons which fired on their own without the trigger being pulled. He hands out two hammer sears. One worn and one in good working order so the Jury can see the minute differences.

Next an expert witness comes forward and explains that the actors are not supposed to check or adjust the weapon. Only the Armorer is. When asked why they explain that the weapon is primed for the shot. If the actor is called upon to fire two shots. Two blanks and four dummy rounds are loaded. The blanks are adjusted so they are the next two rounds under the hammer.

You stand up and say standard practice and they point out that this is portraying life, not real life. You say never point the gun at anyone. They put forth the John Wick movies where Keanu points at dozens of people. Every Dirty Harry Movie. Every western ever shot. John Wayne pointed prop guns at people.

Every war movie ever shot. Every police and shootemup movie ever.

The Jury spends three months watching movies to see people pointing guns at other people and the camera.

So your entire argument is destroyed. But you know best. The Jury acquits. And you scream it isn’t fair.

Ok. And when the defense stands after you are done with your three minutes of law school and starts to explain that the case you just made is wrong.

They first produce an expert who claims that it is possible for a damaged weapon to fire on its own. They give examples of the sorts of wear and tear that would allow that to happen. The Attorney asked if this is what happened. They say they can’t say for certain because the Prosecution destroyed the weapon before the defense experts could examine it. If the Judge even allowed the weapon to be introduced as evidence.

The Defense Expert then gives documented examples of various weapons which fired on their own without the trigger being pulled. He hands out two hammer sears. One worn and one in good working order so the Jury can see the minute differences.

Next an expert witness comes forward and explains that the actors are not supposed to check or adjust the weapon. Only the Armorer is. When asked why they explain that the weapon is primed for the shot. If the actor is called upon to fire two shots. Two blanks and four dummy rounds are loaded. The blanks are adjusted so they are the next two rounds under the hammer.

You stand up and say standard practice and they point out that this is portraying life, not real life. You say never point the gun at anyone. They put forth the John Wick movies where Keanu points at dozens of people. Every Dirty Harry Movie. Every western ever shot. John Wayne pointed prop guns at people.

Every war movie ever shot. Every police and shootemup movie ever.

The Jury spends three months watching movies to see people pointing guns at other people and the camera.

So your entire argument is destroyed. But you know best. The Jury acquits. And you scream it isn’t fair.

80% of conservative insistence of judicial corruption.....is them just not knowing what they're talking about.

They invent pseudo-legal gibberish, insisting the courts are bound to it. And are then shocked and confused when the courts follow the actual law rather than their imagination.

80% of conservative insistence of judicial corruption.....is them just not knowing what they're talking about.

They invent pseudo-legal gibberish, insisting the courts are bound to it. And are then shocked and confused when the courts follow the actual law rather than their imagination.

I am always surprised by this. They scream stand your ground. They don’t understand it isn’t based upon the fear of the person, but what is considered reasonable. Otherwise a person suffering from a phobia would be able to shoot clowns or whatever they are terrified of.

They howl in outrage when the Florida law is labeled Don’t Say Gay. But demand that law is needed to keep kids from catching Gay. As if it is some sort of disease.

They want the law to protect them because they are good. But they don’t understand how the law works. I pointed out to a friend that Gibbs on NCIS would never have a single conviction of anyone he arrested. Every episode has him ordering something hacked or otherwise accessed illegally. The Judge would see this and dismiss all charges in real life.

Hacking social media, sure if you have a warrant to access it. But if you don’t all you have done is let the guy go.

Chicago just overturned seven murder convictions. I’m sure the Right is howling their collective outrage about it somewhere here. The reason is the lead Detective on a lot of cases was caught falsifying evidence in one case. Now he can’t testify in any cases, and a lot of guilty people are going free on technicalities.

Sadly this was even covered on Adam 12. Reed disregarded the wishes of a man they were arresting for a traffic court warrant and went to lock the back door for the man. He discovered a large stash of drugs. The Judge ordered the evidence suppressed and the accused released. The cops didn’t have a warrant or probable cause.

What is worse is the RW I know what the law says crowd has no clue why the Judge should do just that in such a case.

I am always surprised by this. They scream stand your ground. They don’t understand it isn’t based upon the fear of the person, but what is considered reasonable. Otherwise a person suffering from a phobia would be able to shoot clowns or whatever they are terrified of.

I'm not. Most conservatives are ignorant of how the law and constitution work. And few care to learn.

They work in an rhetorical environment where emotion and imagination is their currency. Where the law, a court ruling, even an election......is whatever they imagine it to be.

And they don't really care if there is any evidence to back that up. To most conservatives, their feelings are evidence. Their belief is evidence.

A connection to the outside world is utterly optional.

What is this? Fake news....

The decision to dismiss charges against Baldwin is being made after new evidence came to the attention of investigators indicating the gun used in the shooting had been modified, a source familiar with the investigation told CNN.
Investigators will be examining the weapon to determine the extent of the modifications, which could have impacted how the gun functioned, the source said.

“We therefore will be dismissing the involuntary manslaughter charges against Mr. Baldwin to conduct further investigation,” their statement continued. “This decision does not absolve Mr. Baldwin of criminal culpability and charges may be refiled."

For those saying that Baldwin was 'vindicated', you may want to check again.

Charges are dropped for now. Its good news for Baldwin, to be sure. But its not a vindication. They could be refiled.

Ok. Help me out. How can the defense examine and conduct tests on the pistol if the internal workings were destroyed? How can the defense expert determine if or how the weapon could fire without the trigger being pulled as Baldwin said?
If you cock a single action revolver, squeeze the trigger, and the gun fires ... it's operational and NOT "destroyed." Obviously, the gun worked as intended because a bullet traveled through the barrel and hit the target that the gun was aimed at.

Baldwin flat out lied when he said "the gun fired itself" (paraphrased). He's like a little kid that claims he didn't eat the chocolate candy bar, even though you can see the brown goo plastered all over his lips.

But a special prosecutor is a special prosecutor.

Please do a bit of reading before commenting again.
Bottom line. This is a win-win situation. Baldwin gets away with murder and the "special prosecutor" goes out and buys a brand-new yacht. Money talks. No ... I have no proof. But how else is a murderer free to walk the streets with complete impunity?

You owe civil damages if there are tortable damages.

Do you understand the difference between civil and criminal? Because it doesn't sound like you do.

And your personal opinion on what someone 'deserves' is perfectly irrelevant to anything legal outcome.....unless you're on the jury.

Which you most certainly aren't. As there never was one.

It's not a good day to be an Alec Baldwin hater.
Police said the movie director who handed him the prop gun told him it had no bullets in it.
Please no police bashing in this thread. Thank you.
"Alec Baldwin was handed what was described as a safe "cold gun" on the set of his movie "Rust", but the prop gun contained live rounds when it was fired, according to details of the police investigation into the fatal shooting released on Friday."
This is the official apology thread to those who bashed Alec Baldwin.
alec baldwin vindicated??? vindicated? for shooting two people and killing one of them...a woman? uNARMED?? The only thing that will make it MORE vindicated in your eyes is if Baldwin is Trans and he shot a couple kids too. RIGHT??? I think i'm getting it. Democrats can indiscriminately kill but then go into paroxysms of outrage if anyone other than a dem does it.

Police said the movie director who handed him the prop gun told him it had no bullets in it.
"Alec Baldwin was handed what was described as a safe "cold gun" on the set of his movie "Rust", but the prop gun contained live rounds when it was fired, according to details of the police investigation into the fatal shooting released on Friday."
Define "bashed". As the person who actually pulled the trigger, Baldwin was ultimately responsible to know what was in the gun and what would happen when he fired it. That's gun safety 101 and not even controversial. Stating that he was negligent is not bashing, it's the truth. There are, however, several other people involved in this situation who should face some consequences for what happened. They are:

1. The person who brought live ammo to a movie set. That was stupid on a massive scale, no excuses.
2. the person who loaded the gun with live ammo. If you're responsible to load a gun, you'd BETTER be sure what you're putting in it.
3. Whoever "checked" the gun and passed to the actor as safe. This was the next to last step that could have prevented this tragedy, and that person bears a lot of responsibility.
4. The actor who pulled the trigger, not knowing what was in the gun. He was the very last person who could have headed this off and did not ensure he knew what would happen.

This is what happens when you allow people with little knowledge of or respect for guns to play with them. They don't understand how one simple mistake can cost someone their life. AFAIC, if I am given the task of pointing a gun at someone and pulling the trigger, I had better know, not just take another gun hater's word, that I'm not going to send an actual bullet in their direction. This case was rife with assumptions and mistakes, and any one of several people could have prevented it.

Case in point, a friend of mine is a gun collector, and his routine is EVERY time a gun leaves his hands, he ensures there are no live rounds chambered, without exception. It seemed a little excessive to me the first time I saw him do it, until my wife and I were at their place shooting an AK-74 (not a typo). After we came back inside, he did his thing and, yup, a live round popped out. Like I said, if you're afraid of guns, if you hate them and don't understand basic gun safety, you have no business handling them. I don't care if you are an entitled B-list Hollywood celebrity who agitates to take guns away from law-abiding citizens, don't handle them.

Final note, it is interesting, yes, that Baldwin opposes gun ownership yet gets paid large amounts of money to shoot them on screen?

If you cock a single action revolver, squeeze the trigger, and the gun fires ... it's operational and NOT "destroyed." Obviously, the gun worked as intended because a bullet traveled through the barrel and hit the target that the gun was aimed at.

Baldwin flat out lied when he said "the gun fired itself" (paraphrased). He's like a little kid that claims he didn't eat the chocolate candy bar, even though you can see the brown goo plastered all over his lips.

The world should hit their knees today in prayer. Because they might have you as their local DA’s and nobody would ever go to prison in your alternate reality.

You don’t know anything about the law. And you know even less, as difficult as that is to imagine, about firearms.

I hope he once again does his trump impression on SNL. He has always been the best.

Forum List

Back