Air Force general predicts war with China in 2025: 'I hope I am wrong'

This is avoidable, but the efforts need to be applied now.

A four-star Air Force General on Friday predicted in a memo to his officers that the U.S. will be at war with China by 2025 and advised his commanders to prepare, a report by NBC News said.

Gen. Mike Minihan, head of Air Mobility Command, in a memo to all air wing commanders and other Air Force operational commanders said, "I hope I am wrong. My gut tells me [we] will fight in 2025."

Minihan said he believes war with China is imminent in the next two years due to the upcoming 2024 elections in the U.S. and Taiwan, which he claimed will "distract" Washington and Taipei and enable China to make a move on the island.

Not going to happen.
China is losing money, so it's fired its head of foreign affairs and replaced him with a much more friendlier version. China needs to make money again and then it would go to war with Taiwan first before the US.
These people try and scare people into giving the military a bigger budget, nothing more.

Really ? Most (3/4) of the military aid came from China from 1950 to then…. they were not a minor player. So you admit, we fought a proxy war with BOTH Russia and China….at the same time.
Twenty billion over nearly two decades. Although my information is dated, I haven’t looked at Chinese involvement for a decade or so and in that time, a lot of hidden information has come to light.

Just prepare yourself for the doomsday scenario. No b/f or g/f yet? Just go find one now! Enjoy yourself before it's too late! :)

Twenty billion over nearly two decades. Although my information is dated, I haven’t looked at Chinese involvement for a decade or so and in that time, a lot of hidden information has come to light.
Just compare that with the then Soviet Union and Russia contributions. China has been a major supporter in the same way it supported North Korea. The last thing it wants is democratization happening anywhere near its borders. I don’t see why it’s so hard to understand.

But....just for the sake of the discussion......let's say China Did initiate a war with the USA.......

It would probably be the first time in US history that modern war ordinances actually devastated multiple US cities and left much of the US homeland uninhabitable and our highway system and airports in ruins.

Americans are not only unable to image that, they would also be totally unprepared for it, being far too used to luxuries and comforts. With a pervasive attitude of invincibility among Americans, far more Americans would be totally caught off guard so fatalities would be inflated and probably disproportionately high. At this point I think America is not prepared for a war with a serious adversary.

Not to mention the Left and Biden will keep chipping away Americans guns rights so that far fewer Americans will have access to guns and especially ammunition so that will make invasion much easier than ever.

Last edited:
But....just for the sake of the discussion......let's say China Did initiate a war with the USA.......

It would probably be the first time in US history that modern war ordinances actually devastated multiple US cities and left much of the US homeland uninhabitable and our highway system and airports in ruins.

You are not talking about war, but a nuclear war.

And China does not have that many ICBMs. And they would be devastated even more so even if nobody nuked them in return. Because almost the entire world would go to war with them.

Really ? That’s a stretch. It doesn’t matter who the president is, an all out war between nuclear powers could easily be out the hands of the president.

Our Gov't lost to the Taliban Our taxpayers and NATO combined have spent about $125 billion in cash and weapons and can't beat Russia The next logical step, of course, is to try to provoke a war with China the most powerful country of them all.
Just accept it, the West lost

Forum List

Back