Ahmaud Arbery's Murderer On His Way To His Dirt Nap

Like I've repeatedly said, it would not have made sense that they shoot someone who was not being a physical threat to them. Had he just stood there and waited, he almost guaranteed would still be alive.

You're utterly ignoring post #333. Read it again for context and tell me how Arbery could be as confident as you are, at the leisure of your keyboard, that they would not have killed him even had he not fought to defend himself?

You don't know what would have happened if he had done that, one of them had already struck him with their vehicle. So why wouldn't you think they were out to kill you.

And from the other vehicle, one of them yelled out at Arbery, "stop or I'll blow your fucking head off!"

But when "trapped like a rat," McMichael's own description, and with a shotgun pointed right at him, Arbery should have just assumed they weren't going to harm him.

face-palm-gif.278959

So tell us DD, if you were in the same situation what would you have done?

If someone was pointing a shotgun at me, I would not have fought them in a situation like that.
Had he waited, they likely would have told him why they were stopping him and holding him at gunpoint. It would have been completely illogical for them to have shot him, UNLESS he tried to get the gun away.

They thought they were protecting their neighborhood, and almost assuredly they would have held him and called the cops. Anything different would have made no sense.
They thought they had the right to make a citizen's arrest, and likely that is all that would have happened.

You're utterly ignoring post #333. Read it again for context and tell me how Arbery could be as confident as you are, at the leisure of your keyboard, that they would not have killed him even had he not fought to defend himself?

I didn't ignore it, I just now read it.

I see your point, but again, if someone is pointing a shotgun at me, I'm going to stop, and I'm not going to try and wrestle it away.

And from the other vehicle, one of them yelled out at Arbery, "stop or I'll blow your fucking head off!"

But when "trapped like a rat," McMichael's own description, and with a shotgun pointed right at him, Arbery should have just assumed they weren't going to harm him.

face-palm-gif.278959

If someone yells "stop or I'll blow your fucking head off", guess what I'm going to do?

I didn't ignore it, I just now read it.

I see your point, but again, if someone is pointing a shotgun at me, I'm going to stop, and I'm not going to try and wrestle it away.

It's not just pointing a shotgun at you ... it's chasing you for about 5 minutes ... it's blocking your escape ... it's striking you with a car ... it's threatening to blow your fucking head off ... it's trapping you like a rat ... How on Earth could you endure all that but think, if I stop, they won't hurt me??

Under those circumstances, I don't see many reacting like that. I see more fighting for their life. Which is what Arbery did. You're literally blaming the victim.

If someone was pointing a shotgun at me, I would not have fought them in a situation like that.
Had he waited, they likely would have told him why they were stopping him and holding him at gunpoint. It would have been completely illogical for them to have shot him, UNLESS he tried to get the gun away.

They thought they were protecting their neighborhood, and almost assuredly they would have held him and called the cops. Anything different would have made no sense.
They thought they had the right to make a citizen's arrest, and likely that is all that would have happened.
They were constantly threatening this man harm, why in the hell would he just stop and wait for the police when he didn't even know the police were coming. You keep claiming if this and if that, you don't know what the hell would have happened if he had just stopped. You have never been in that situation, so you don't know what the hell you would do. Also you look at from a white man's perspective, Roddy had already struck him with his vehicle and Greg McMichael threatened to blow his head off, so when in the hell would he stop?

why would you even consider jogging through a neighborhood like that?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He was already in the neighborhood when they emerged in their 'chase' mode.
He had been jogging in that neighborhood on prior occasions.
He had done nothing wrong.

This tragedy was not the jogger's fault.

And, notably, this was not a quiet 'following' of a suspected thief....accompanied by calls to the local law enforcement to come and assist in this citizen-arrest.
There was no 'sneaking up' and apprehending.
This was an aggressive pursuit with loudly expressed threats.
AND....importantly, they brandished firearms.
The jogger should have been frightened.
And probably was.
And then, the truck stopped and blocked the road and the son with the gun emerged with the weapon held in a threatening position.
I do not know for sure, nor have I ever been in a situation comparable to the jogger's...but.....we all can understand a reasonable reaction of...."flight or fight" in the jogger.

And his 'flight' option had clearly been foreclosed with the emergence of the triggerman in the roadway.

It was a tragic death. Someone was at fault.
And, in my opinion....and the jury's too......those 'someones' are being held accountable.

All three are now where they need be....and as our society determined they should be.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He was already in the neighborhood when they emerged in their 'chase' mode.
He had been jogging in that neighborhood on prior occasions.
He had done nothing wrong.

This tragedy was not the jogger's fault.

And, notably, this was not a quiet 'following' of a suspected thief....accompanied by calls to the local law enforcement to come and assist in this citizen-arrest.
There was no 'sneaking up' and apprehending.
This was an aggressive pursuit with loudly expressed threats.
AND....importantly, they brandished firearms.
The jogger should have been frightened.
And probably was.
And then, the truck stopped and blocked the road and the son with the gun emerged with the weapon held in a threatening position.
I do not know for sure, nor have I ever been in a situation comparable to the jogger's...but.....we all can understand a reasonable reaction of...."flight or fight" in the jogger.

And his 'flight' option had clearly been foreclosed with the emergence of the triggerman in the roadway.

It was a tragic death. Someone was at fault.
And, in my opinion....and the jury's too......those 'someones' are being held accountable.

All three are now where they need be....and as our society determined they should be.

I'm not saying it was "his fault". I'm saying had he not try to wrestle the gun away, he would most likely still be alive.

It's not just pointing a shotgun at you ... it's chasing you for about 5 minutes ... it's blocking your escape ... it's striking you with a car ... it's threatening to blow your fucking head off ... it's trapping you like a rat ... How on Earth could you endure all that but think, if I stop, they won't hurt me??

Under those circumstances, I don't see many reacting like that. I see more fighting for their life. Which is what Arbery did. You're literally blaming the victim.

At this point, we're just going around in circles. I will maintain my opinion, if he would not have tried to get the gun away, he'd still be alive.

Hey, I've got it! Maybe we could start a fund which would allow him to spend a summer in South Chicago, or the nearest equivalent place, going out on the streets at night and stopping fights, helping women being harrassed, looking for white racists who think it's MAGA country and are looking to put a rope around a gay Black actor's neck.

He would learn a lot.

I doubt it, he will still suck up to his peer group fashions, but he should at least get the chance, I agree. He could also just read Tom Wolfe.

The Great White Defendant

Sherman McCoy is referred to as the Great White Defendant, with Bronx D.A. Abe Weiss as the “Ahab” who seeks him. These are, of course, allusions to Herman Melville’s famous book Moby-Dick, in which a sea captain becomes obsessed with killing a great white whale. The reasons Weiss and the other lawyers in his office are obsessed with the “Great White” are twofold. On the one hand, they need to feel good about their jobs; they don’t like the feeling that they are continually processing oppressed minorities through the machine of justice. They want to feel noble, they want to feel that there is some higher cause or greater good. The second reason for the quest is to gain political power. Weiss knows that prosecuting a white defendant will make him look fair and evenhanded to his mostly black and Latino constituency.

There is always a dire shortage of white defendants for all those black AGs to lynch for the pleasure of their mobs of cretins and filth.

They also have a dire need to intimidate white people so they won't defend themselves from black and brown thugs. So far that isn't working and it pisses them all off.

if he would not have tried to get the gun away, he'd still be alive.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Paired with:
If the murderous son had not threatened the jogger with a gun.......the jogger wouldn't have tried to defend himself, nor would the trigger-man be in prison. For a long time.

At this point, we're just going around in circles. I will maintain my opinion, if he would not have tried to get the gun away, he'd still be alive.

If he hadn't been casing a house for like the third time nobody would be keeping him in sight, either.

Which he clearly didn't believe. And unlike you, he experienced it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Paired with:
If the murderous son had not threatened the jogger with a gun.......the jogger wouldn't have tried to defend himself, nor would the trigger-man be in prison. For a long time.

But you're not blaming the victim.

Forum List

Back