AGAIN... blowing out of proportion!!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Watching a news show when one of the commentators tried to invoke sympathy, sadness regarding the death of an Arizona school teacher in response to the other commentators describing how badly it was that schools weren't re-opening. The commentator, liberal Democrat, ONLY reason for making this sad anecdotal emotional statement was political. Keeping schools closed, businesses closed ALL make Trump look bad.
The facts are though this beloved teacher was over 60 years old!
Here is the COVID-19 mortality tables by age:
So as all of us OLDER people understand... we are at risk... not the kids!!!

Covid-19deathsbyage.png

Watching a news show when one of the commentators tried to invoke sympathy, sadness regarding the death of an Arizona school teacher in response to the other commentators describing how badly it was that schools weren't re-opening. The commentator, liberal Democrat, ONLY reason for making this sad anecdotal emotional statement was political. Keeping schools closed, businesses closed ALL make Trump look bad.
The facts are though this beloved teacher was over 60 years old!
Here is the COVID-19 mortality tables by age:
So as all of us OLDER people understand... we are at risk... not the kids!!!

View attachment 363657

She also had diabetes if memory serves.

We need to ban bicycles, approximately 100 children DIE every year from bicycle accidents...while 254,000 sustain injuries participating in that activity.

More kids died from the seasonal flu than the China Virus this year.

WE MUST PERMANENTLY BAN HOUSEHOLDS WITH TWO FLOORS!!!!!!!!!!
Over 12,000 people die every yearm just in the United States alone falling down stairs!!!

---------- WAIT!!! --------------------

Schools have stairs!!!!!

We need to ban bicycles, approximately 100 children DIE every year from bicycle accidents...while 254,000 sustain injuries participating in that activity.
Conservatives oppose Bicycle Helmets just like they oppose masks

I think you made that crap up, here from the Guardian who thinks differently:

The big bike helmet debate: 'You don’t make it safe by forcing cyclists to dress for urban warfare'

March 21, 2017

Peter Walker
The question of whether cyclists should wear helmets provokes fury – often from those on four wheels. But which has the bigger benefit: increased physical safety, or creating a better environment for people to cycle helmet-free?

Excerpt:

As a cyclist, I don’t object to helmets or to high-visibility clothing. Like the majority of people I know in London, I wear a helmet most of the time when on a bike. I do, however, have serious worries about efforts to make the use of hi-vis clothes or helmets compulsory, or even to encourage them as a safety panacea. Because when it comes to genuine efforts to make cycling safer, they are a red herring, an irrelevance, a peripheral issue that has somehow come to dominate the argument.

Olympic cycling champion Chris Boardman eloquently expressed this when an appearance on BBC1’s Breakfast show to discuss bike infrastructure became dominated by angry viewer reactions to him being filmed cycling down a street bare-headed. “I understand exactly why people feel so passionately about helmets or hi-vis,” Boardman wrote. “I understand why people wish to use them. But these actions seek to deal with an effect. I want to focus the debate on the cause, and campaign for things that will really make cycling safe. That is why I won’t promote high-vis and helmets – I won’t let the debate be drawn on to a topic that isn’t even in the top 10 things that will really keep people who want to cycle safe.”

LINK

More kids died from the seasonal flu than the China Virus this year.
Do you somehow think that dying from Covid means other won’t die from flu?

These deaths and illnesses are in addition to any of that.

not to mention the risk to teachers and custodial staff and administrative staff

I think you made that crap up, here from the Guardian who thinks differently:

The big bike helmet debate: 'You don’t make it safe by forcing cyclists to dress for urban warfare'

March 21, 2017

Peter Walker
The question of whether cyclists should wear helmets provokes fury – often from those on four wheels. But which has the bigger benefit: increased physical safety, or creating a better environment for people to cycle helmet-free?

Excerpt:

As a cyclist, I don’t object to helmets or to high-visibility clothing. Like the majority of people I know in London, I wear a helmet most of the time when on a bike. I do, however, have serious worries about efforts to make the use of hi-vis clothes or helmets compulsory, or even to encourage them as a safety panacea. Because when it comes to genuine efforts to make cycling safer, they are a red herring, an irrelevance, a peripheral issue that has somehow come to dominate the argument.

Olympic cycling champion Chris Boardman eloquently expressed this when an appearance on BBC1’s Breakfast show to discuss bike infrastructure became dominated by angry viewer reactions to him being filmed cycling down a street bare-headed. “I understand exactly why people feel so passionately about helmets or hi-vis,” Boardman wrote. “I understand why people wish to use them. But these actions seek to deal with an effect. I want to focus the debate on the cause, and campaign for things that will really make cycling safe. That is why I won’t promote high-vis and helmets – I won’t let the debate be drawn on to a topic that isn’t even in the top 10 things that will really keep people who want to cycle safe.”

LINK
knew I would trigger you guys

Forum List

Back